Sylvia y Radhames

What is happening with Packets from DR

3 posts in this topic

My fiance went to pick up our packet and got a letter that said this...

"La siguiente informacion es en relacion as su interes en emigrar a los estados unidos. Desafortunadamente los numeros de visa no estan actualmente disponibles para su uso. Usted sera notificado tan pronto se pueda continuar co el proceso de su solicitude de visa de immigrante.

Cuando se pongan en contacto con esta oficina, ya sea por telefono o por carta usted bede de indicar su numero de caso exactamente igual a como aprace en esta carta. Si esta mal o incompleto, favor de informalo a esta seccion consular."

He wa so upset he called and me and I was in shock. Called the embassy now he has to go back on Thursday the 5th for another packet..7 days before our interview...What is happening in DR? Has anyone else had this problem.

Con Dios Por Delante...

Sylvia y Radhames

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

something is amiss here... if you are applying for a K-1 this notice makes no sense, K-1's are not subject to visa numbers

moving to the consulate forum

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

My Fiance returned August 5th only to be blown off by the supervisor at the Embassy. She insisted he already had his packet and refused to read the incorrect letter they had given him. He called me and told me he still did not have the letter of appointment and the instructions on what we need to take on the 13th. I called the 1-877 and was told I had to call back Monday and that there was nothing else they could do. I insisted and asked to speak to a supervisor - Maria Flores answered, she asked for 2 hours to look into the matter...this was at 1:20 pm. I called back at 4:00 pm and was told he had to return on Friday the 6th. I then called the embassy directly and spoke to the woman in the counsul's office that had dealt with my fiance. She was very short and rude, insisting he had the correct letter. I insisted and read word for word the letter we received and she finally conceeded and told me to have my fiance there at 7 am. Mind you, he had to have the medical 5 days prior to our interview...and its 5 days away. She said to me that if she had known this case was going to call for so many phone calls she would have given him 5 packets! I explained to her that our packet was supposed to have been mailed July 1st, and it was August 5th. Our appointment is August 13th and she said - "How do you know you have an appointment then?" I told her I checked the website and called DOS. When she realized I knew what I was talking about she dropped her condesending attitude just a bit.

He went back on August 6th and finally got the letter, ran to have his medical done and now we are scrambling for info.

I still dont know what I need to take, HELP! Had we just read the letter and not have had access to the information on this site I would have assumed that we dont have a visa available. This site is a Godsend...and anyone reading this should get the word out about it. Any advise regarding my paperwork for the interview would be appreciated. I have the I-134 and 3 years of taxes, and a letter from my employer. Anything else I need? Heading to DR on Wednesday, interview Friday.

Con Dios Por Delante...

Sylvia y Radhames

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.