jpac876

i need help please!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone!

My name's Prescilla and I just got here in the US last March but my son is still in the Philippines and he's actually going to have his interview on Aug 16..

His name is Geoff and he's 3 yrs old. My husband now is not the biological father of my son but i was not married before..

I believe I need to get a letter of consent from the biological father of my son which will not be a problem..My question is,

is there any particular way of making this letter required by the USEM? Or can he just make a simple letter stating that I have the full custody

of my son blah blah blah.. and sign it? Does he need to attach any copy of his ID?

Thank you so much in advance if you can help me cause my son had a long day already during his medical exam because of misinformation and

I dont want it to happen again during his interview..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

.. im a k1 visa and my son is a k2 visa were just waiting for the nvc to send out packet in the manila embassy..as far as i know if you are not married then theres no need to provide a consent from the father..my son is also using his father surname and his father sign in the back of the birth certificate but we are not married my son is 5yrs old now its been 3yrs since we did not see his father,,i did not prepare any consent from the father,i know we will have a hard time for him to sign it..and i know that it wont needed..so no need to worry..

Hi everyone!

My name's Prescilla and I just got here in the US last March but my son is still in the Philippines and he's actually going to have his interview on Aug 16..

His name is Geoff and he's 3 yrs old. My husband now is not the biological father of my son but i was not married before..

I believe I need to get a letter of consent from the biological father of my son which will not be a problem..My question is,

is there any particular way of making this letter required by the USEM? Or can he just make a simple letter stating that I have the full custody

of my son blah blah blah.. and sign it? Does he need to attach any copy of his ID?

Thank you so much in advance if you can help me cause my son had a long day already during his medical exam because of misinformation and

I dont want it to happen again during his interview..

Timeline

.. im a k1 visa and my son is a k2 visa were just waiting for the nvc to send out packet in the manila embassy..as far as i know if you are not married then theres no need to provide a consent from the father..my son is also using his father surname and his father sign in the back of the birth certificate but we are not married my son is 5yrs old now its been 3yrs since we did not see his father,,i did not prepare any consent from the father,i know we will have a hard time for him to sign it..and i know that it wont needed..so no need to worry..

thank you for sharing! though me and my ex remained civil with each other, i still dont want to ask any favor from him.

i actually made a letter of consent for him to just sign it and he already signed it but i forgot to ask for a copy of his ID and i was wondering if its needed.. but as you said since were not married, even the letter is not needed :)

thank you again for helping me :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

thank you for sharing! though me and my ex remained civil with each other, i still dont want to ask any favor from him.

i actually made a letter of consent for him to just sign it and he already signed it but i forgot to ask for a copy of his ID and i was wondering if its needed.. but as you said since were not married, even the letter is not needed :)

thank you again for helping me :)

Do you have some way of checking this with the US Embassy in Manila. I understand the circumstances might be quite different since you were never married. Normally the US Embassies in any country will be very strict and have their own requirements about permission to take the child out of the country. But as mentioned, that might just be in the case of their being a marriage.

Please try to check before hand. Normally, with a known marriage and father their should be a letter of consent not only granting full custody to the mother but also granting permission to take the child to the United States permanently with no promise of the child ever returning home and this should be accompanied by ID such as a copy of the National ID card and be notarized.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Do you have some way of checking this with the US Embassy in Manila. I understand the circumstances might be quite different since you were never married. Normally the US Embassies in any country will be very strict and have their own requirements about permission to take the child out of the country. But as mentioned, that might just be in the case of their being a marriage.

Please try to check before hand. Normally, with a known marriage and father their should be a letter of consent not only granting full custody to the mother but also granting permission to take the child to the United States permanently with no promise of the child ever returning home and this should be accompanied by ID such as a copy of the National ID card and be notarized.

Good luck.

thank you for that suggestion! i actually called the embassy as soon as i read this and the CS rep said that it is not needed during his interview but it might be needed at the airport..i will still look more into this :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If a child or children are leaving their home country with only one parent it is common for the airlines in the United States to ask for a notarized permission slip from the absent parent OR a court order granting full custody to the single parent which is traveling with the child(ren).

I know that immigration authorities in Thailand are expected to check this for departing Thai children also.

I think it is a good idea to check before leaving.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.