jennleah72

AOS interview...

6 posts in this topic

SO, after calling and waiting and getting nowhere about my EAD still not here after 93 days...I recieved my AOS interview letter in the mail. I have a trip planned as my best friend is getting married in Edmonton on Sept 4th and I'm a bridesmaid, the rehearsal is Sept 2. My interview? Sept 1. Do I have to surrender my AP at the interview? Am I allowed to ask to keep it? I've read that it isnt a good idea to reschedule the interview, what are my options? :crying:

Thanks,

Jenn

I129F sent: May 1, 2009

I129F arrived: May 4, 2009

NOA1: May 13, 2009

NOA1 Hard Copy: May 18, 2009

NOA2: Aug 21, 2009

NOA2 Hard Copy: Aug 29, 2009

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

SO, after calling and waiting and getting nowhere about my EAD still not here after 93 days...I recieved my AOS interview letter in the mail. I have a trip planned as my best friend is getting married in Edmonton on Sept 4th and I'm a bridesmaid, the rehearsal is Sept 2. My interview? Sept 1. Do I have to surrender my AP at the interview? Am I allowed to ask to keep it? I've read that it isnt a good idea to reschedule the interview, what are my options? :crying:

Thanks,

Jenn

At the end of your interview after the IO says you're approved, ask if you can have a stamp on your passport so you can travel right away.

AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

I cant seem to find a straight answer on the I-551 stamp. Ive read that they dont want to give them out anymore as it takes a few days to approve the AOS...I'm REALLY hoping they can do something for me, I cant drop out of a wedding a month before!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I cant seem to find a straight answer on the I-551 stamp. Ive read that they dont want to give them out anymore as it takes a few days to approve the AOS...I'm REALLY hoping they can do something for me, I cant drop out of a wedding a month before!!!!!

We asked about it at our interview and they said that they dont' do it unless they have specific travel plans that will occur during that bridge period between the interview and when you receive your green card 2 weeks later. I would take proof of your impending flight and maybe the wedding invitation to your interview to show the IO.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not really sure if every office will stamp your passport.

Also, if your AOS is approved at the interview, your AP will be invalid even if it isn't revoked. So that wouldn't do you any good.

Personally, I would book an infopass appointment at your local office to discuss your options. You could at least ask about the stamp and the possibilities of rescheduling. If you don't want to do that, maybe you could try calling USCIS or DOS, but I'm not sure how helpful they would be.

I called USCIS today and they said that at the time of the interview they would give me a stamp. I really dont even know who has more information anymore, as I made an infopass appt for my EAD, and all they told me at that time was to call the 1 800 number! :wacko: Which, of course the 1800 number had been who told me to make the infopass appt in the first place. I'm reaaaaally getting frustrated with everything as nobody I contact seems to know anything except what I can already access online through the USCIS site, which isnt even updated to the current status! I guess though if I make an infopass appt, they can tell me if that office gives the stamps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.