belluco86

Police Record in Quito Ecuador

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hello guys, my fiancee went to get her police record last week and apparently there were two lines. One for foreign traveling and one for national. National was packed and the foreign was empty so my wife went to the foreign since they put her passport number and everything. All they handed her was a document that said that she has no antecedents and had her passport number. NOthing like addresses or age information since she was 16. Is anyone familiar with the type of police record she is suppose to get? She paid 5 dollars THank you,

2010-05-15 I-129F Application sent to CSC

2010-05-17 I-129F Application received by VSC

2010-05-19 I-129F Application Forwarded to Dallas Lockbox

2010-05-25 Check cashed

2010-05-25 NOA1 Receipt

2010-07-07 NOA2 Received email that our I-129F application was approved

2010-07-14 NOA2 hard copy received, Petition sent to NVC

2010-07-12 NVC sent Petition sent to embassy

2010-07-15 Called NVC and got case number

2010-07-14 Petition received at Ecuador Embassy

2010-XX-XX Packet 4 letter of instructions from the Ecuadorian Embassy

2010-07-30 Medical appointment scheduled

2010-08-10 Passed medical

2010-09-13 Appointment for visa at Guayaquil Consulate

2011-01-04 Travel to the United States and get married

2011-01-16 Got Married

2011-03-19 Submitted AOS application

2011-04-05 Received RFE

Timeline

I hope someone who knows responds because my fiance needs to get his police certificate too!

I-129F package sent: Jul 7th 2010

Package received at CSC: Jul 9th 2010

NOA1: Jul 16th 2010

NOA2: Nov 30th 2010

Packet 4 letter received: Dec 27th 2010

Medical done: Jan 3rd 2011

Interview: Jan 24th 2011 - APPROVED!!

Passport with K-1 visa received: Jan 29th 2011

POE: Feb 2nd 2011 in Houston, TX - cleared without problems :-)

Married!: May 2nd 2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

From the Department of State's Reciprocity page for Equador at the following link:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3553

Police Records

The Certificade de Antecedentes Personales is available to Ecuadorians who are over the age of 18, who are physically present in Ecuador, who possess a Cedula de Identidad or passport and who apply in person at the Jefaturas y Subjefaturas Provinciales de la Policia Judicial.

The applicant’s passport size photo is glued to the certificate and is covered with a seal. Those who are said to have no record will have a stamp ‘Negativo’ with the date on the form and will have a validity of three months from the issuance date. A negative certificate does not necessarily mean the subject has no police record, since police records can be purged upon the subject’s request without judicial permission.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

From the Department of State's Reciprocity page for Equador at the following link:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3553

Police Records

The Certificade de Antecedentes Personales is available to Ecuadorians who are over the age of 18, who are physically present in Ecuador, who possess a Cedula de Identidad or passport and who apply in person at the Jefaturas y Subjefaturas Provinciales de la Policia Judicial.

The applicant’s passport size photo is glued to the certificate and is covered with a seal. Those who are said to have no record will have a stamp ‘Negativo’ with the date on the form and will have a validity of three months from the issuance date. A negative certificate does not necessarily mean the subject has no police record, since police records can be purged upon the subject’s request without judicial permission.

Thank you that was helpful! :-)

I-129F package sent: Jul 7th 2010

Package received at CSC: Jul 9th 2010

NOA1: Jul 16th 2010

NOA2: Nov 30th 2010

Packet 4 letter received: Dec 27th 2010

Medical done: Jan 3rd 2011

Interview: Jan 24th 2011 - APPROVED!!

Passport with K-1 visa received: Jan 29th 2011

POE: Feb 2nd 2011 in Houston, TX - cleared without problems :-)

Married!: May 2nd 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

She did the correct thing to do; now she has to legalize the record at the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores, where they put an "apostille" (fancy word for a piece of paper which is going to cost you 10 bucks! Lol!!!) then you are good to go... Only, just to be on the safe side, translate it too....!!! ;o) good luck and let us know how everything is going....

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.