edmondson

What to do about the Medical test?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi every one,for those who have gone through Lagos Nigeria,is it the test you do @ the kimoras clinic thatre are required for the K1 visa or are you required to do vacinations too,if yes what are the vacination types or places you can get the shots done? Secondly my packets are still @ the embassey now for almost a month now and i have Emailed them so many times but have not gotten any concrete answer just the automated reply each time i mail them.Do i wait for them to send me the package at home or should i go ahead and download the forms and get started with it?Thanks for any reasonable contribution.

Hi every one,for those who have gone through Lagos Nigeria,is it the test you do @ the kimoras clinic thatre are required for the K1 visa or are you required to do vacinations too,if yes what are the vacination types or places you can get the shots done? Secondly my packets are still @ the embassey now for almost a month now and i have Emailed them so many times but have not gotten any concrete answer just the automated reply each time i mail them.Do i wait for them to send me the package at home or should i go ahead and download the forms and get started with it?Thanks for any reasonable contribution.

All your test and vaccinations will be carried out at kamorass clinic, you will have to wait for them to email you packet 3 before going to kamorras because your name have to be on their system, your package might be at the consulate but it has not been entered into the system yet hence their silence when you emailed them, i think they might have a backlog of visas to process since this is the summer period and some of their workers could be on vacation now. so be patient you will get a response from them and you can now go for your medical and vaccinations. Hope this works out for you.

K1 Journey:

3/12/09 - Sent I129F

3/16/09 - Check cashed

3/19/09 - Received hardcopy of NOA1

8/19/09 - NOA2 [online] Thank God!!!!!

8/24/09 - NOA2 hardcopy received!!!

8/25/09 - Received at NVC

8/26/09 - Forwarded to Lagos Consulate

11/4/09 - Interview date

11/12/09- Visa picked up

12/6/09 - Wedding

AOS Journey:

12/21/09- Filed AOS

1/5/2010 - Received NOA1

1/11/2010 - Received Biometrics letter

1/24/2010 - RFE for I-693

1/29/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

2/2/2010 - Sent out RFE response

2/16/2010 - Received Transfer notice to California Service Center.

2/16/2010 - AP Approved

2/16/2010 - EAD card ordered. [online notice]

2/25/2010 - EAD card received

2/18/10 - Advance Parole notice sent

3/5/10 - Advance Parole notice sent back by P.O label undeliverable

3/8/10 - Called USCIS and requested for notice to be resent

3/13/10 - Received Green card approval notice online

3/19/10 - Received hard copy of Approval Letter and Green card. Yay!!!! see you all in 2012

12/12/11 - Getting all the paperwork ready for Removal of Conditions. [Can't believe it's that time already]

12/15/11 - Sent off paperwork with tracking

12/19/11 - Received at VSC

12/21/11 - Check cashed

12/22/11 - Received I797,Notice of Action

12/31/11 - Received Biometrics notice

01/20/12 - Biometrics Appt.

09/15/12 - I797 Notice of Action Approval Decision

09/19/12 - Notice received via USPS and Online

09/22/12 - Green card Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

you need to wait for the embassy to get back to you.

at kamorass hospital there will you be taken the vaccinations.you will have to be there early before 8.am for the x-ray and your blood sample for test the following day you will return to get your result and you will get the vaccination .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You do not have to wait for the embassy to email you the packet. Download the packet at

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/uploads/images/s5_3Da596r3WmOdCGWbHzQ/Interview_Preparatory_Packet_K1_K3.pdf

The embassy only accepts the medical results of the Kamorass clinic.

Timeline

You do not have to wait for the embassy to email you the packet. Download the packet at

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/uploads/images/s5_3Da596r3WmOdCGWbHzQ/Interview_Preparatory_Packet_K1_K3.pdf

The embassy only accepts the medical results of the Kamorass clinic.

Sorry am getting a bit scared with some of the answers am getting here,should i go ahead with the test @ kimoras with out the embassy's consent @ kimoras or should i wait till they give me a go ahead order to do so?Thanks

Timeline

you need to wait for the embassy to get back to you.

at kamorass hospital there will you be taken the vaccinations.you will have to be there early before 8.am for the x-ray and your blood sample for test the following day you will return to get your result and you will get the vaccination .

Does it mean that the kimoras clinc will be informed by the embassy that i will be coming for the test?

Timeline

All your test and vaccinations will be carried out at kamorass clinic, you will have to wait for them to email you packet 3 before going to kamorras because your name have to be on their system, your package might be at the consulate but it has not been entered into the system yet hence their silence when you emailed them, i think they might have a backlog of visas to process since this is the summer period and some of their workers could be on vacation now. so be patient you will get a response from them and you can now go for your medical and vaccinations. Hope this works out for you.

So they will Email not posting the packets right?I had thought that the packets will be mailed to me.Thanks for the contribution!

So they will Email not posting the packets right?I had thought that the packets will be mailed to me.Thanks for the contribution!

They will email to the petitioner the package for the medicals and interview and also give an interview date, as soon as you get the package, download it and then go to kamorass for your medicals because that means, they have your file on record, if you go to kamorass without your file being in the system, you might be sent back and that might mean wasted journey, so be patient and wait till they send an email with all the necessary paperwork so you just do what you have to do once and for all and besides you will have to go for your medicals twice, once for blood work and xray and the next one for results and vaccinations. If you are the petitioner you might get the email but if not ask the petitioner to keep on looking at their email box intently cos that is the person they have on file. hope you understand now?

K1 Journey:

3/12/09 - Sent I129F

3/16/09 - Check cashed

3/19/09 - Received hardcopy of NOA1

8/19/09 - NOA2 [online] Thank God!!!!!

8/24/09 - NOA2 hardcopy received!!!

8/25/09 - Received at NVC

8/26/09 - Forwarded to Lagos Consulate

11/4/09 - Interview date

11/12/09- Visa picked up

12/6/09 - Wedding

AOS Journey:

12/21/09- Filed AOS

1/5/2010 - Received NOA1

1/11/2010 - Received Biometrics letter

1/24/2010 - RFE for I-693

1/29/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

2/2/2010 - Sent out RFE response

2/16/2010 - Received Transfer notice to California Service Center.

2/16/2010 - AP Approved

2/16/2010 - EAD card ordered. [online notice]

2/25/2010 - EAD card received

2/18/10 - Advance Parole notice sent

3/5/10 - Advance Parole notice sent back by P.O label undeliverable

3/8/10 - Called USCIS and requested for notice to be resent

3/13/10 - Received Green card approval notice online

3/19/10 - Received hard copy of Approval Letter and Green card. Yay!!!! see you all in 2012

12/12/11 - Getting all the paperwork ready for Removal of Conditions. [Can't believe it's that time already]

12/15/11 - Sent off paperwork with tracking

12/19/11 - Received at VSC

12/21/11 - Check cashed

12/22/11 - Received I797,Notice of Action

12/31/11 - Received Biometrics notice

01/20/12 - Biometrics Appt.

09/15/12 - I797 Notice of Action Approval Decision

09/19/12 - Notice received via USPS and Online

09/22/12 - Green card Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

For my husbands medical, when they tested his blood and they found the maleria parasites and he had to get a lot more vacanations. Needless to say he gets maleria frequently. That is why they do the blood tests. It may be different for everyone depending you know. All together it may of cost my husband about $600 US. Hope that helps a little.

Does it mean that the kimoras clinc will be informed by the embassy that i will be coming for the test?

You can go ahead and schedule your appointment at the clinic, the results are good for one year. The forms for the medical can be found at this site: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visa_forms.html and you take it with you for the appointment. Since the results are given to you in a sealed envelope that's probably why you don't have to wait for to hear back from the embassy.

Good luck!

Timeline

What we were just told the results are good for only 6 months-that means into the US within 6 months. But I encourage you to email the embassy-when you get the automated freq answered questions back, write that "This did not answer my question"

I am emailing to find out ........whatever it is

BUT you must write down the Case # (from the NVC), the beneficiary's name and date of birth, the applicant's name and date of birth for them to answer anything.

That's how we just found out my fiance's interview date, yay! My fiance is going next week to do all the testing. His interview date is November 19th.

Good luck!

I-129F Sent : 2010-05-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-06-01

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-06-30

NVC Received : 2010-07-01

NVC Left : 2010-07-02

Consulate Received : 2010-07-09

Packet 3 Received : 2010-08-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-08-10

Packet 4 Received : 2010-08-10

Interview Date : 2010-11-19

Interview Result: APPROVED!!!! THANK YOU GOD!

VISA in hand 2010-11-29 (due to Thanksgiving)

Flight Reservations 2010-11-29

POE 2010-12-16 YAY WELCOME TO AMERICA!

MARRIED 2011-01-27 Married and happy!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.