5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all!

I'm looking into getting my AOS started and filed before my I-94 expires on Aug 22nd, and I'm just wondering if I need to go have another medical exam. I had my initial one for my K-1 in January of this year. Will I require another now that I'm here in the US in order to file for my AOS?

Just trying to get all my ducks in a row then I can just hunker down and get it all done in a week/weekend. I just hope to get it all put together and off before the 22nd.

Any advice would be appreciated.

- Sabrina

Timeline

No, you don't need another medical, but you need to get your vaccinations transcribed onto I693 form. So find a Civil Surgeon who will do it, and it should not be expensive, on average 30 to 50 dollars. There is a thread around here that has a list of doctors, you may have to search around for it.

0vi7t8.png

Timeline

No, you don't need another medical, but you need to get your vaccinations transcribed onto I693 form. So find a Civil Surgeon who will do it, and it should not be expensive, on average 30 to 50 dollars. There is a thread around here that has a list of doctors, you may have to search around for it.

That's kinda what I thought. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go through all that again. Although, it was a lot less painful than I thought. I'm checking the USCIS website and it looks like all the ones in Iowa are all about 2 hours away. *grumble*

If that's all that needs to be done FOR THAT, then that's takes a bit of the stress off. Just the fact that we'd kinda have to leave early one morning to go get it taken care of is the bummer.

Thanks, Arya.

PS - can I add you as a friend? I see you're Canadian too. I'm just looking around VJ trying to find people to talk to and calm me down a little as I get so overwhelmed with all this stuff.

Timeline

Thanks for the advice, Arya.

I checked the USCIS website and with the help of Google Maps and found one that's only a half hour away. So, that's good. :)

Going to make sure I get everything organized first, then do all the running around all at the same time; getting MORE passport photos, head to the Civil Surgeon to have my I693 form taken care of. Most of the other stuff is filling out forms and getting photocopies of stuff that we can do at home.

If I need any more help, I'll totally be asking for it. :)

Timeline

That's kinda what I thought. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go through all that again. Although, it was a lot less painful than I thought. I'm checking the USCIS website and it looks like all the ones in Iowa are all about 2 hours away. *grumble*

If that's all that needs to be done FOR THAT, then that's takes a bit of the stress off. Just the fact that we'd kinda have to leave early one morning to go get it taken care of is the bummer.

Thanks, Arya.

PS - can I add you as a friend? I see you're Canadian too. I'm just looking around VJ trying to find people to talk to and calm me down a little as I get so overwhelmed with all this stuff.

Yes, of course :) We also have a forum for Canadians, so if you'd like, you can come and join us. http://www.visajourn...orum/93-canada/

This AOS process is very time consuming, I know. I just got my green card and I'm done for at least two years. If you have any questions, let us know

ps. in this thread there is a list of surgeons, so you may find one in your area http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

Edited by arya

0vi7t8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.