2 posts in this topic

My husband's last name was changed when he was a child during his parent's divorce. We are just filing out the AOS forms and they ask for all names used. He says his name as a child which he was born under does not count and was changed retroactively (we do have the paperwork showing this) so it does not need to be put down. But I just wanted to be safe and ask your opinion. Anyone have experience with this.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband's last name was changed when he was a child during his parent's divorce. We are just filing out the AOS forms and they ask for all names used. He says his name as a child which he was born under does not count and was changed retroactively (we do have the paperwork showing this) so it does not need to be put down. But I just wanted to be safe and ask your opinion. Anyone have experience with this.

If the name on the birth certificate is different than his name now he will need to put his name given at birth and also provide a copy of the court records showing his name was changed legally.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.