Moon84

HELP! AOS FORMS QUESTIONS

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hello VJ members! you guys has been great. i was an F-1 student and i just got married on june with my sweetheart who is a US citizen.

i am suppose to go to the civil surgeon this coming wednesday. Most of my stuffs are already ready(making copies, filling out forms). however i have some questions in those forms. i have no idea what to write there. so please help me. so that i can send my application soon this month.

On form I-130 questions are:

No. 13- " if you are us citizen, complete the following: My citizenship was acquired through birth in US, Naturalization, Parents," Okay my husband is a US citizen born abroad. so what do i mark? ( i do have his birth certificate copy).His mother is american and his father is from venezuala.

No. 14: Date authorized stay expired , or will expire as shown on form I-94 or I-95” what should I write. (In my I-94 card it says DS)

No. 20- " if your relative's native alphabet is other than roman letters, write his/her name and foreign address in the native alphabet." Okay i am from nepal and i have no idea if we need to fill this part out or not.

No.22- which USCIS office i should file?

Form G-325A (Mine)

On question where it ask;"if your native alphabet is other than roman letters, write your name in your native alphabet below." Okay i am from nepal and i have no idea if i need to fill this part out or not??

On the question where it ask: “ APPLICANTS LAST ADDRESS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES OF MORE THAN 1 YEAR”- what should I write? Do I have to write my home address in Nepal? We moved in our house about 22 years ago.

Form G325A(My spouse)

What should he write on the question where it is asking for:: “ APPLICANTS LAST ADDRESS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES OF MORE THAN 1 YEAR” (His father is in Venezuela and mother is here in US. They are no longer together). He hardly goes to venezuala to visit his dad.so does he have to write his father's home address?

On question where it ask “This form is submitted in connection with an application for: what should he mark? Is it "status as permanent residence"?

Okay these are the questions i need answers. i also have another question i am scared of. i got my opt back in 2008 for 1 year (till oct. 31 2009). After my OPT expired, i continued to work. my work place never asked me for another one. So do i go ahead and be truthful and tell the immigration that i am still working.Even though i am hardly work right now.( working like 2-3 days in 2 weeks). I am also applying for a work permit right now with my AOS papers. Do you guys think that it will give me a problem. Will they issue me an EAD until i get my greencard?

How did you guys setup your AOS packet. i mean for instance Form 1-130 and required documents and stapeled them together.i want all my papers to be organized!Can u plz give me some idea about organizing my AOS papers to send it to USCIS.Please help me and answers these questions for me.

thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

13. I would select BIRTH. His mother was American. He did not need to go through Immigration to obtain status.. aka Neuralization.

14. Write D/S

20. They mean if your language is something like, ARABIC or KOREAN, using a script letter. If your native language is Nepali, then it is not ROMAN LETTER. Roman means.. A B C D E .. I put N/A here because my Husband though from egypt, his address was here in the USA.

22. Closest INS office to you. For me it was Pittsburgh, PA

G-325A- YOU

Again: if you speak Nepali, which is script and not basic A B C D letters, write it how you would in Nepal. My hubby and I did everything in English he did not write his name is Arabic script.. we received no RFE.

Where every you lived before you came to the USA. Write this address.

G-325- Spouse

If his father's place is not considered "his Home" then you don't need to fill that out. N/A

Select other and put I-130

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS BE TRUTHFUL!

I take you are filing I-130 with I-485(residence) and I-765 (work)?

My Packet consisted of 2 folders. One with the I-130 and the other with 1-485 and the I-765. Put those into a bigger folder with an over all cover letter.

Cover letter I-130

April 26, 2010

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4107

Subject: I-130 petition (concurrently filed with form I-485 and I-765)

Dear Sir/Madam:

Enclosed please find the form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for my husband, Walaa Mohamed and supporting documents. Concurrently with this I-130, we have also filed form I-485 and I-765 with all the supporting documents.

Contents of packet includes:

• Application Fee. $355.00

• Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

-Attachments:

• Copy of birth certificate of US citizen/petitioner

• Copy of birth certificate of beneficiary (translated to English)

• Copy of biographical page of beneficiary (passport 2 pages)

• Copy of marriage record

• Copy of divorce decree

• Form G-325A, Biographic Information with photo of the petitioner

• Form G-325A, Biographic Information with photo of beneficiary

• Evidence of the bonafide marriage

- Copy of current lease

- Copy of joint bank account

- Copy of life/accidental death beneficiary card

- Copy of health insurance cards

- Copy of Islamic marriage contract

- Signed affidavit from my parents

- Photographs

Please feel free to contact me, if you have any questions. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

I-485 Cover letter.

April 26, 2010

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4107

Subject: I-485 application and I-765 (concurrently filed with form I-130)

Dear Sir/Madam:

Enclosed please find the form I-485, application to register permanent residence or adjust status and supporting documents. As well as form I-765, application for employment authorization. Concurrently with this I-485 and I-765, we have also filed concurrently form I-130 and all the supporting documents.

• Application Fee. $1010.00

• Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

-Attachments:

• Copy of the non US Citizen spouses passport (biographical page and entry stamps)

• Copy of the non US Citizen spouses I-94 (front and back)

• Copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate (english translation)

• Copy of divorce decree from USC spouse

• Form G-325A, Biographic Information with photos of Immigrant (2 photos)

• Form I-693 sealed, Medical Examination of Immigrant

• Form I-864, Affidavit of Support

• Copy of 2009 Tax Return and W-2

• Copy of letter from Employer stating current/future salary

• Copy of recent pay stubs

• Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

• 2 Photos of applicant

• Copy of passport biographical information

Please feel free to contact me, if you have any questions. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

and over all cover letter on the main folder:

April 26, 2010

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4107

Subject: 2 packets (I-130 petition concurrently being filed with form I-485 and I-765)

Dear Sir/Madam:

Enclosed please find 2 packets. One packet contains form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for my husband, Walaa Mohamed and supporting documents. As well as the application fee of $355.

The other packet contains form I-485, application to register permanent residence or adjust status and form I-765, application for employment authorization; with supporting documents. As well as the application fee of $1010. ($930 plus the $80 biometrics fee)

Both packets are marked on the front with a cover letter explaining in detail the contents. Please feel free to contact me, if you have any questions. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Hope this helps.. good luck!

03/26/2010: Got married at the Masjid :P

04/19/2010: Finished with Civil Surgeon form

04/26/2010: I-130, I-485, I-765 package sent

4/29/2010: Package recieved; delivery confirmation USPS :)(Day 1)

5/6/2010: Checks cashed! (Day 7)

5/10/2010 Hard copy NOA's on my son's b-day :)(Day 11)

5/15/2010 Biometrics letter (7-7), found out we are pregnant :)(Day 16)

5/26/2010 Biometrics walk-in done (Day 27)

6/21/2010 Interview Letter (Day 53)

07/13/10 - EAD Approved (Production notice)(Day 75)

7/28/2010 Interview 11 AM (Day 90)

WAITING FOR DECISION

8/23/2010 Info pass

8/24/2010 APPROVED- CARD PRODUCTION

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.

1/11/11- Baby ADAM was born :)

Timeline

Hi there, thanks for sending bunch of infos. Grt help! My hubby was not born in US. He was born in Venezuala. He is a US citizen born abroad. so i was thinking if i should mark parent (as his mom is american). what do u think?

So you organized your AOS packet by making folders. right? i mean did you made a folder for each forms? i mean Form I-485, Form I-130. what did you do with the forms

I-765 (Employment), Form I-864(Affidavit of support)?

the form G-325A(mine), Form G-325A(my hubby's) goes with Form I-130 right?

the form I-693 (medical) goes with Form I-485 right?

Did you use the kind of folder where you have to punch holes on the side of the paper to put it in?

13. I would select BIRTH. His mother was American. He did not need to go through Immigration to obtain status.. aka Neuralization.

14. Write D/S

20. They mean if your language is something like, ARABIC or KOREAN, using a script letter. If your native language is Nepali, then it is not ROMAN LETTER. Roman means.. A B C D E .. I put N/A here because my Husband though from egypt, his address was here in the USA.

22. Closest INS office to you. For me it was Pittsburgh, PA

G-325A- YOU

Again: if you speak Nepali, which is script and not basic A B C D letters, write it how you would in Nepal. My hubby and I did everything in English he did not write his name is Arabic script.. we received no RFE.

Where every you lived before you came to the USA. Write this address.

G-325- Spouse

If his father's place is not considered "his Home" then you don't need to fill that out. N/A

Select other and put I-130

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS BE TRUTHFUL!

I take you are filing I-130 with I-485(residence) and I-765 (work)?

My Packet consisted of 2 folders. One with the I-130 and the other with 1-485 and the I-765. Put those into a bigger folder with an over all cover letter.

Cover letter I-130

April 26, 2010

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4107

Subject: I-130 petition (concurrently filed with form I-485 and I-765)

Dear Sir/Madam:

Enclosed please find the form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for my husband, Walaa Mohamed and supporting documents. Concurrently with this I-130, we have also filed form I-485 and I-765 with all the supporting documents.

• Application Fee. $355.00

• Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

-Attachments:

• Copy of birth certificate of US citizen/petitioner

• Copy of birth certificate of beneficiary (translated to English)

• Copy of biographical page of beneficiary (passport 2 pages)

• Copy of divorce decree

• Form G-325A, Biographic Information with photo of the petitioner

• Form G-325A, Biographic Information with photo of beneficiary

• Evidence of the bonafide marriage

- Copy of current lease

- Copy of joint bank account

- Copy of life/accidental death beneficiary card

- Copy of health insurance cards

- Copy of Islamic marriage contract

- Signed affidavit from my parents

- Photographs

Sincerely,

I-485 Cover letter.

April 26, 2010

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4107

Subject: I-485 application and I-765 (concurrently filed with form I-130)

Dear Sir/Madam:

Enclosed please find the form I-485, application to register permanent residence or adjust status and supporting documents. As well as form I-765, application for employment authorization. Concurrently with this I-485 and I-765, we have also filed concurrently form I-130 and all the supporting documents.

• Application Fee. $1010.00

• Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

-Attachments:

• Copy of the non US Citizen spouses passport (biographical page and entry stamps)

• Copy of the non US Citizen spouses I-94 (front and back)

• Copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate (english translation)

• Copy of divorce decree from USC spouse

• Form G-325A, Biographic Information with photos of Immigrant (2 photos)

• Form I-693 sealed, Medical Examination of Immigrant

• Form I-864, Affidavit of Support

• Copy of 2009 Tax Return and W-2

• Copy of letter from Employer stating current/future salary

• Copy of recent pay stubs

• Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

• 2 Photos of applicant

• Copy of passport biographical information

Sincerely,

and over all cover letter on the main folder:

April 26, 2010

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4107

Subject: 2 packets (I-130 petition concurrently being filed with form I-485 and I-765)

Dear Sir/Madam:

Enclosed please find 2 packets. One packet contains form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for my husband, Walaa Mohamed and supporting documents. As well as the application fee of $355.

The other packet contains form I-485, application to register permanent residence or adjust status and form I-765, application for employment authorization; with supporting documents. As well as the application fee of $1010. ($930 plus the $80 biometrics fee)

Both packets are marked on the front with a cover letter explaining in detail the contents. Please feel free to contact me, if you have any questions. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Hope this helps.. good luck!

Hi there, thanks for sending bunch of infos. Grt help! My hubby was not born in US. He was born in Venezuala. He is a US citizen born abroad. so i was thinking if i should mark parent (as his mom is american). what do u think?

So you organized your AOS packet by making folders. right? i mean did you made a folder for each forms? i mean Form I-485, Form I-130. what did you do with the forms

I-765 (Employment), Form I-864(Affidavit of support)?

the form G-325A(mine), Form G-325A(my hubby's) goes with Form I-130 right?

the form I-693 (medical) goes with Form I-485 right?

Did you use the kind of folder where you have to punch holes on the side of the paper to put it in?

It does not matter if he was born abroad as he got his citizenship through his mom so yes parent. For writing your name, write in Nepali in the space provided. I personally did not make several folders. I just had my cover letter first listing everything that was on the package then I just put the documents according to the list. By the way, are you planning on sending your AOS before doing your medical? I would suggest send everything at once. Saves time.

AOS Timeline from F1

Sent AOS on April 17

Received and signed on April 19

Got 3 NOAs April 26

Biometrics Appointment Letter received May 1 - dated May 26

Walk-in biometrics rejected May 12

Biometrics Appointment May 26

Interview letter received June 11 - for July 19 APPROVED

EAD Received July 9

GC RECEIVED August 2

Timeline

hI There

thanks for your response.I went for the medical exam today. i am planning to send everything together. Now the only thing i gotta do is get a passport style pic of me and my hubby.

i have one question to ask you. i had an OPT on 2008. it expired on Oct.31,2009. i work as a nurse in a clinic. After my OPt expired on oct.2009, i continued to work but only part time. i am planning to let the immigration know ( in my AOS form) that i am still working (i know that it is illegal). my employer never paid attention to the fact that my OPT is expired. i could not stop working b'coz gotta pay those bills. Do u think that will give me a problem during my interview? right now i am also applying for work permit with my AOS paper. Will they issue me a EAD?

PLEASE email me soon

thanks.

It does not matter if he was born abroad as he got his citizenship through his mom so yes parent. For writing your name, write in Nepali in the space provided. I personally did not make several folders. I just had my cover letter first listing everything that was on the package then I just put the documents according to the list. By the way, are you planning on sending your AOS before doing your medical? I would suggest send everything at once. Saves time.

hI There

thanks for your response.I went for the medical exam today. i am planning to send everything together. Now the only thing i gotta do is get a passport style pic of me and my hubby.

i have one question to ask you. i had an OPT on 2008. it expired on Oct.31,2009. i work as a nurse in a clinic. After my OPt expired on oct.2009, i continued to work but only part time. i am planning to let the immigration know ( in my AOS form) that i am still working (i know that it is illegal). my employer never paid attention to the fact that my OPT is expired. i could not stop working b'coz gotta pay those bills. Do u think that will give me a problem during my interview? right now i am also applying for work permit with my AOS paper. Will they issue me a EAD?

PLEASE email me soon

thanks.

You should be honest as it might come back to bite you. As for EAD, I can't tell you for sure, but there has been a lot of cases where people who had overstayed or worked illegally got EAD and GC without any problems. I am sure you will be fine. By the way, I'm from Nepal too.

AOS Timeline from F1

Sent AOS on April 17

Received and signed on April 19

Got 3 NOAs April 26

Biometrics Appointment Letter received May 1 - dated May 26

Walk-in biometrics rejected May 12

Biometrics Appointment May 26

Interview letter received June 11 - for July 19 APPROVED

EAD Received July 9

GC RECEIVED August 2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.