StupidJourney

Packet 3 sent to fiance

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what will actually be in Packet 3 when my fiance receives it? (He's in Morocco, I don't know if that makes a difference...)

He speaks English, but from us filling out the things I needed for the I-129F when I was in Morocco, I know his command of "beaurocratic" English is very weak.. (I remember the mix of frustration and amusement I would get every time he'd say something like "forgive me liz, but I didn't understand anything you just said..")

I already had him fill out the DS-156, DS-156K, and DS-157 (just to be sure he did it right) and I sent him the I-134 so he would have that ready. What else should he be expecting in that packet?

I know it will be several months away (hopefully in december, when I'll be back) but I want to kind of mentally prepare for it, so to speak. Thanks for any help!

timeline doesn't matter.

Timeline

Thanks! What about the Tax Forms from 3 years and W-2 forms. I don't have these! Where can I get them? Thanks.

timeline doesn't matter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks! What about the Tax Forms from 3 years and W-2 forms. I don't have these! Where can I get them? Thanks.

You can get tax returns transcripts from IRS. If you e-filed, you can check with Casablanca whether they'll accept those. The W-2s, as far as I know, are provided to you by your employer (if you have one?)

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

You can get tax returns transcripts from IRS. If you e-filed, you can check with Casablanca whether they'll accept those. The W-2s, as far as I know, are provided to you by your employer (if you have one?)

yeah, but they want me to give w-2s from employers from the last THREE YEARS? That's ridiculous. I know i should have kept those things, but I just started keeping them last year.

timeline doesn't matter.

Timeline
yeah, but they want me to give w-2s from employers from the last THREE YEARS? That's ridiculous. I know i should have kept those things, but I just started keeping them last year.

I guess you could always contact Casablanca, giving them a list of what documents you have to support I-134 and check whether they would be fine with what you have. Also, I-134 only asks for the latest tax return. Some consulates/embassies ask for the latest 3. You also could check with them about it. In addition to tax returns, you can supply them with a letter from your employer stating (as per I-134's intructions) how much you make, how long you've had your job, etc. If you have the same job for more than 3 years, maybe your employer could help you with that, stating how much you made each year.

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

I guess you could always contact Casablanca, giving them a list of what documents you have to support I-134 and check whether they would be fine with what you have. Also, I-134 only asks for the latest tax return. Some consulates/embassies ask for the latest 3. You also could check with them about it. In addition to tax returns, you can supply them with a letter from your employer stating (as per I-134's intructions) how much you make, how long you've had your job, etc. If you have the same job for more than 3 years, maybe your employer could help you with that, stating how much you made each year.

Yeah, I guess I"ll just email them, even though when I emailed them before they never responded (and their phone message is automated and doesn't give you any option to talk to anyone - or does someone have another number that I don't have?)

But I looked at the i-134 and i don't see anything about providing tax returns. am i blind or something? but i really don't see it anywhere. thanks. I included the letters from my current employers, but unfortunately i've had several jobs over the last three years -- too many to count. it would be a huge pain in the ### to try and track them all down for the w-2s, even if i could get them from all of them.

timeline doesn't matter.

The instructions on the I-134 say that the previous year's tax returns are only required if you are self employed, so I didn't even send mine.

I attached: a copy of the letter from my bank, a copy of my eTrade stock statement (didn't bother with the certificate numbers like the instructions asked for... too much bother to get them), and a statement from y employer.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Timeline
The instructions on the I-134 say that the previous year's tax returns are only required if you are self employed, so I didn't even send mine.

I attached: a copy of the letter from my bank, a copy of my eTrade stock statement (didn't bother with the certificate numbers like the instructions asked for... too much bother to get them), and a statement from y employer.

Jen

see that's what i thought too, but i don't want to take any chances, ya know? hopefully the consulate will actually email me back this time! uff!!

timeline doesn't matter.

Timeline

Jen

see that's what i thought too, but i don't want to take any chances, ya know? hopefully the consulate will actually email me back this time! uff!!

Exactly! Even though the instructions say tax returns should be provided in case of self-employment, some consulates/embassies make a point to see them.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Jen

Exactly! Even though the instructions say tax returns should be provided in case of self-employment, some consulates/embassies make a point to see them.

i'm not self employed. do i still need them? and if i'm not self employed, does that mean i need w-2s instead?? I thought i had everything figured out until now!! grrffh! :unsure:

timeline doesn't matter.

Timeline
i'm not self employed. do i still need them? and if i'm not self employed, does that mean i need w-2s instead?? I thought i had everything figured out until now!! grrffh! :unsure:

Here's what the instructions say:

The sponsor must submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources, as appropriate:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution where you have deposits, giving the

following details regarding your account:

1. Date account opened;

2. Total amount deposited for the past year;

3. Present balance.

B. Statement of your employer on business stationery, showing:

1. Date and nature of employment;

2. Salary paid;

3. Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

C. If self-employed:

1. Copy of last income tax return filed; or

2. Report of commercial rating concern.

D. List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s)

If you strictly follow the instructions and get A and B, you might be okay. However, different consulates/embassies have different policies. So they might ask you for C as well. Also, there's the poverty guideline. Although for I-134, the sponsor should be 100% above the guideline, some consulates/embassies ask for 125%.

So, you may want to check with other people going through Casablanca. Maybe post this question to the regional forum and PM some of the VJers who'll have their interviews there. You can find a list here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...sort_order=desc

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.