dr_haloperi

please help me if you can

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi,I am a permanent resident of USA since 2004 and I live with my family who sponsored me into USA.Since 2004 I living with my family in USA and they support me and I was helping them to take care of my grandfather and mother who was sick and need help.meanwhile i study to prepare for my examinations to continue education in USA.After discussing with a lawyer and some of my friends and browsing the IRS website I find out that if an income is lower than a level It is not necessary to file tax return and pay taxes unless for some reasons he/she may file tax return.I didn't have any job or income and even I made a question about this issue in immigration portal forum and they told me I don't have to file tax return and pay taxes because I don't have job or income .But I have a plan to file tax return despite I don't have to.Can any one help to find out how should I do that. thanx

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

As far as I know if you dont have any income, you are not required to file the taxes.

You can fill out a 1040Ez but all the boxes will be 0 so wht is the point?

If you can let ppl on here know why you are attempting to file such a return maybe they will be able to help u in right direction.

As far as I know if you dont have any income, you are not required to file the taxes.

You can fill out a 1040Ez but all the boxes will be 0 so wht is the point?

If you can let ppl on here know why you are attempting to file such a return maybe they will be able to help u in right direction.

harsh_77 thank you for your help.You now I recently marry a girl and she should wait 4 to 5 years to come here and I heard that if I try to fill the affidavit of support forms (even the co-sponsor who can help me sponsor her)at the time her visa will be ready,then I need the tax returns files.I don't know exactly about that

harsh_77 thank you for your help.You now I recently marry a girl and she should wait 4 to 5 years to come here and I heard that if I try to fill the affidavit of support forms (even the co-sponsor who can help me sponsor her)at the time her visa will be ready,then I need the tax returns files.I don't know exactly about that

You don't have to file a tax return if you make under the minimums, usually 3200 dollars. But you can always file one with just zeros, just like it was mentioned above. However, if you decide to petition someone to come over you will need to be able to supply proof of some sort of income, tax returns are just one small part of it.

Immigration wants to know if you make enough money to take care of a family. If you do not make any money, how can you do that?

Yes, you can file tax returns with $0 income.

If you become a US citizen, you can file a CR-1 visa for your wife and she can come as soon as it is processed. No need to wait 5 years.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Immigration wants to know if you make enough money to take care of a family. If you do not make any money, how can you do that?

Yes, you can file tax returns with $0 income.

If you become a US citizen, you can file a CR-1 visa for your wife and she can come as soon as it is processed. No need to wait 5 years.

yes I understand and I am wondering if you know if my family become co-sponsor for my wife can this solve my problem because I should continue my education

yes I understand and I am wondering if you know if my family become co-sponsor for my wife can this solve my problem because I should continue my education

Not your family, but one particular family member can be your co sponsor.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.