sacarabi

HEPA-A VACCINE: WHAT AGE RANGE IS IT REQUIRED?

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I would just like to ask if Hepa-A vaccine is required for adults, specifically 24-year olds? :) Did you have it at the medical exam or is not age appropriate?

I never have it during my childhood years, and though I have read that it's for children, it also specifies that it's also required for travellers. Thank you so much! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Oh it's age appropriate, but from what I've seen it's mostly only given to those where it's occupationally appropriate or for those that are likely to come in contact with it. It's generally not issued.

Edited by Moonandstar

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

Oh it's age appropriate, but from what I've seen it's mostly only given to those where it's occupationally appropriate or for those that are likely to come in contact with it. It's generally not issued.

That is usually case for Hepatitis B vaccine. Hepatitis A can be spread via uncooked food and water that has been contaminated. I got the vaccine before I went to the Philippines. I don't think they give the vaccine to children under 1. I have read that people from areas with high incidence of Hepatitis A have more than likely all ready been exposed to it by age 10. Worth double checking though in case I am wrong.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

That is usually case for Hepatitis B vaccine. Hepatitis A can be spread via uncooked food and water that has been contaminated. I got the vaccine before I went to the Philippines. I don't think they give the vaccine to children under 1. I have read that people from areas with high incidence of Hepatitis A have more than likely all ready been exposed to it by age 10. Worth double checking though in case I am wrong.

Yea, i believe that is correct, however last time i checked the vaccine chart i know HEP A wasn't on it, at least not for a 26 year old and without special circumstances.

HEP A may be more prevalent in less developed countries, but i think the US has it pretty much stamped out, on the majority.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

i had a very serious case of hepatitis A several years ago here in the states. i got it from a restaurant. i have never been sicker in my life. i would highly recommend the vaccination so the same thing doesn't happen to you. the link above to the cdc web site does not even begin to describe how bad the symptoms can be.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i had a very serious case of hepatitis A several years ago here in the states. i got it from a restaurant. i have never been sicker in my life. i would highly recommend the vaccination so the same thing doesn't happen to you. the link above to the cdc web site does not even begin to describe how bad the symptoms can be.

The link provides information about the signs and symptoms of hepatitis A. The presenting signs and symptoms may be similar in all individuals who contracted that virus but the severity of their cases may vary in their individuality.

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

The link provides information about the signs and symptoms of hepatitis A. The presenting signs and symptoms may be similar in all individuals who contracted that virus but the severity of their cases may vary in their individuality.

i was sick for six weeks with hepatitis A. the first two weeks, i was so sick that i could manage to get out of bed only to use the bathroom. the tiredness and fatigue were extreme. i ached everywhere. it was orders of magnitude more serious than having a cold or the flu. i was so sick that i could not even watch tv or listen to the radio. i was really out of it. i slept a lot.

i was usually too weak to stand at the toilet to pee. i was even too weak to sit on the toilet and pee because i was afraid that i would not be able to stand up afterward. a few times i had to pee in the bathroom sink while holding onto the sink, and then stagger back to bed. my pee was brown.

i could not eat anything for two weeks and i could barely drink a little water. i had the dry heaves many many times. my skin and my eyes turned yellow.

then i slowly started to improve. it really took about eight weeks or so before i felt like myself again.

my doctor told me i had a severe case.

i recommend getting vaccinated...even in the U.S.

Yea, i believe that is correct, however last time i checked the vaccine chart i know HEP A wasn't on it, at least not for a 26 year old and without special circumstances.

HEP A may be more prevalent in less developed countries, but i think the US has it pretty much stamped out, on the majority.

Yeah I believe one of the main circumstances is going to countries where it is common. I had never got the vaccine until I decided to go to the Philippines and I worked as a nurse in an intensive care unit. Hep. B. is the one health care workers worry about getting from exposure to blood.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.