firstlove2

Supporting documents for K--1 Children of Fiance

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I know there are alot of you out there that have brought your children to the US...what supporting documents did you need for the embassy to allow you to bring your child to the US with you...Do you need court papers that show custody? Help, my fiance has children and we want them to be able to come when he is allowed to come to the US. I am concerned

Thank you in advance...God Bless all you who respond...

Firstlove2

I129F------April 16, 2010

NOA1------May 11, 2010

I129F RFE----June 25, 2010

I129F RFE returned----June 29, 2010

NOA2 APPROVED----without notification...dated JULY 1, 2010...

NVC received----July 8, 2010

NVC Returns case to USCIS (incomplete)---July 9, 2010

August 9, 2010---Immigration Officer at USCIS stated that case notes read "officer assigned will hear something on or before August 19

CALLED USCIS HEADQUARTERS IN WASHINGTON DC----September 20, 2010

USCIS lost RFE....Resend Part C on September 21, 2010---Thank you God for your angel in DC---Jennifer!

WE ARE MOVING AGAIN!!---September 23, 2010--CSC completed file and sent case to NVC--you ROCK GOD!! Thank you for the angel Jennifer...

NVC received case (again)---October 4, 2010

Case sent to Embassy---October 21, 2010---Thank you dear Lord...all to your glory!!!

Packet 3 sent out from embassy and not received---November 2

Packet 3 sent to embassy on December 28---DOS stated case noted "Qualified"

Medical Exam--January 4

Interview--February 10--received 221g for police certificate--"did you purchase it on the streets???"

VISA APPROVED -- March 14--case sent to Nigeria to process children

Interview-- June 27-- waiting and believing in God's plan and purpose

DNA testing---July 18th

Fiance HOME---July 19th

Married---July 22nd

AOS, EAD, AP---July 26th

Waiting for God's Perfect Time!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I know there are alot of you out there that have brought your children to the US...what supporting documents did you need for the embassy to allow you to bring your child to the US with you...Do you need court papers that show custody? Help, my fiance has children and we want them to be able to come when he is allowed to come to the US. I am concerned

Thank you in advance...God Bless all you who respond...

For the petition you need only list them all where it asks to list ALL children. NO other documents are needed FOR THE PETITION. When your fiance goes for his interview, you will also submit a visa application for each child. (Children may or may not be required to go for an interview, depends on the consulate) Each child will have to have a medical, I-134, etc. EACH child is a separate application. Think "K-1 times (number of children)" Each pays the fees and medical expenses. each will have a separate AOS when they arrive.

He will need to have either a court order of sole custody WITH transport privileges OR a letter from the other parent allowing the children to relocate PERMANENTLY to the UNITED STATES. The letter needs to be notarized and accompanied with a copy of the other parents photo and signature page from their passport.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.