Dan-Dan

Waiting for NOA2 What Should I be doing?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

In JA until August 1st and I need to know the process of the NOA2. I applied for the CR-1 visa on April 15 and we have STILL heard Nothing. I need to know if there is anything that I can be doing while I am here to be ahead of the process of NOA2. I will not be able to see my hubby until 2 months after our baby is born(Due Date: Sept 27th) I was really hoping that during my next visit we would have an interview date. Hubby wants to get his police records now but is this is the best time? When do Jamaica Police records expire? Whatelse should I be doing?

Also trying to have mother in law come to visit me during the time the baby is born so that she can help out with the baby. Any suggestions as to the directions to with a visitor visa for her while hubby is waiting for interview date? Could her visit hender his interview process?

USCIS TIMELINE (Married March 20, 2010)

04/15/2010 - I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/22/2010 - NOA 1 Received

11/01/2010 - NOA2

NVC TIMELINE

01-NOV-2010: NVC Received Case

20-Dec-2010: Case Completed

US Embassy in Kingston

07-Feb-2011: Interview @ 8:00am

11-Feb-2011: Received Visa

16-Feb-2011: POE Houston, Texas

Removal of Conditions

07-Dec-2012: Mailed application

25-May-2013: Received 10yr. Green Card

ogTOm5.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well you case Type is typically processed quickly. Police reports from jamaican expires one year after the date it was issued. You can fill out any necessary paper work for the Afidavid of support - pretty much as long as it is dated in the current year or if you dont want to get em dated just fill em out and have em sit there and so all you'd have to so is just sign & date. Photos? Those can be done just about anytime, ensuring that passports are valid least six months from the date of the interview. There are things that can be done - while you wait.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

In JA until August 1st and I need to know the process of the NOA2. I applied for the CR-1 visa on April 15 and we have STILL heard Nothing. I need to know if there is anything that I can be doing while I am here to be ahead of the process of NOA2. I will not be able to see my hubby until 2 months after our baby is born(Due Date: Sept 27th) I was really hoping that during my next visit we would have an interview date. Hubby wants to get his police records now but is this is the best time? When do Jamaica Police records expire? Whatelse should I be doing?

Also trying to have mother in law come to visit me during the time the baby is born so that she can help out with the baby. Any suggestions as to the directions to with a visitor visa for her while hubby is waiting for interview date? Could her visit hender his interview process?

Sorry for the double post - however didnt see that there was more than one inquiry. Her visit would not hinder him with the visa process including the interview. Have her appy for a US visa, now she has to show strong ties to her country of course. Things that are good that would give consideration will be .. A very good job, assests... house, financial information, very close family Mom/Dad/Spouse/Children. Also proof of INTENT TO return to Jamaica perhaps something like - A future upcomming wedding (if single), caring of a minor, sick person etc are just some examples. Know though - THAT it's supposed to go based on a fair process but it is upto the applicate to come with stong ties and be true during the entire process. I really hope all goes good and info was helpful.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Do not get the police report as of yet - In light of everything going on, I would get everything else together that you will need, and get the police report at the last possible second - With the recent investigation, people were required to get new police reports dated after June 14 - I would not put it past them to impose another change.

Congrats on the pregnancy girl! Must have been a good honeymoon, huh?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Do not get the police report as of yet - In light of everything going on, I would get everything else together that you will need, and get the police report at the last possible second - With the recent investigation, people were required to get new police reports dated after June 14 - I would not put it past them to impose another change.

Congrats on the pregnancy girl! Must have been a good honeymoon, huh?

Thanks Sus,

I thought that we should wait to get the police report just trying to get everything out of the way. I am so ready to have this baby, JA is great but it is horrible while pregnant, the heat is a beast! :crying:

11/01/2010 - NOA2

NVC TIMELINE

US Embassy in Kingston

Removal of Conditions

ogTOm5.png

Timeline

Sorry for the double post - however didnt see that there was more than one inquiry. Her visit would not hinder him with the visa process including the interview. Have her appy for a US visa, now she has to show strong ties to her country of course. Things that are good that would give consideration will be .. A very good job, assests... house, financial information, very close family Mom/Dad/Spouse/Children. Also proof of INTENT TO return to Jamaica perhaps something like - A future upcomming wedding (if single), caring of a minor, sick person etc are just some examples. Know though - THAT it's supposed to go based on a fair process but it is upto the applicate to come with stong ties and be true during the entire process. I really hope all goes good and info was helpful.

Thanks for the advise!!! hopefully I can get my mother in law an interview while I am here in JA and I can explain my situation! This would be most helpful...

11/01/2010 - NOA2

NVC TIMELINE

US Embassy in Kingston

Removal of Conditions

ogTOm5.png

Timeline

Thanks for the advise!!! hopefully I can get my mother in law an interview while I am here in JA and I can explain my situation! This would be most helpful...

yeah good luck to ya .. also my parents havent not gootten an interview.. as yet .. but hey we started gettin the Police Report why wait..? WHY not opperate under the "CURRENT" guidelines - makes much sense to me. Now - should the VISA Requirements CHANGE to give a later date for Police Reports then one can update the f.i.l.e.s as necessary. I just paid the AOS fees for my parents.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yeah good luck to ya .. also my parents havent not gootten an interview.. as yet .. but hey we started gettin the Police Report why wait..? WHY not opperate under the "CURRENT" guidelines - makes much sense to me. Now - should the VISA Requirements CHANGE to give a later date for Police Reports then one can update the f.i.l.e.s as necessary. I just paid the AOS fees for my parents.

Because if you DON'T have an interview date, and if the guidelines change AGAIN - you will incur the fee AGAIN - If you want to POSSIBLY pay for something TWICE, be my GUEST -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Because if you DON'T have an interview date, and if the guidelines change AGAIN - you will incur the fee AGAIN - If you want to POSSIBLY pay for something TWICE, be my GUEST -

well yeah that's correct - The ONLY issue would be for those who have constraints to finances and really dont wanna pay twice. But only if you have enough funds they i say why not go for it. The fee rules/proposals, requirements for visas comes from the US Govt. once changes are made it is uslay set for a v long time. But keep me updated over the bext 1-2 years to see if there will be any changes.. UNLESSSSSSSSS there's again the faults of local law enforcement give incorrect police reports to those citizens who did acts of crimes and the Police Reportings are saying otherwise.... just becuase they (PO) want a few buckx. They started this mess i'm sure we all know this.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

I waited until the last minute to send my husband to get his police certificate a few weeks ago. The whole process took him an entire day (from 8 am until the late afternoon). Apparently since there are so many people needing new certificates since everything went on down there, it takes a full 14 days to have it expedited. I'd wait a little while...but not too long, as I ended up just sitting here waiting for him to send it to me!

P.S. Congrats on your pregnancy! The 27th of September is a GREAT day to be born on (it's my b-day)! ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.