Ines86

Ohio Drivers License

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

If you have a Japanese, German or French drivers license you do NOT have to take all exams for your Ohio drivers license. Don't let them tell you something else!

We called weeks ago at our local BMV office and they told us that I have to take ALL exams. I was so sure, I didn't have to, but I couldn't find opposite evidence on the internet, so I started studying. So this morning I finally went there. I have been super nervous and what does the examining lady tell me? I just had to do the vision exam und the other exams are waived since I have a german drivers license.

So I have my license *yay*

I'm just posting this, so if someone is in the same position than I was, they will be able to find this topic with the search tool.

Filed: Timeline

If you have a Japanese, German or French drivers license you do NOT have to take all exams for your Ohio drivers license. Don't let them tell you something else!

We called weeks ago at our local BMV office and they told us that I have to take ALL exams. I was so sure, I didn't have to, but I couldn't find opposite evidence on the internet, so I started studying. So this morning I finally went there. I have been super nervous and what does the examining lady tell me? I just had to do the vision exam und the other exams are waived since I have a german drivers license.

So I have my license *yay*

I'm just posting this, so if someone is in the same position than I was, they will be able to find this topic with the search tool.

DMV staff are stupid, that's the one thing all 50 states have in common. The one common thread that unites us all as Americans.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

DMV staff are stupid, that's the one thing all 50 states have in common. The one common thread that unites us all as Americans.

They also wrote my first name, last name and my birth date wrong!! Haha, I've been there quite a while this morning.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I recently changed states and was able to get a license in my current resident state, as well as new plates for my vehicle without any hitches. The DMV workers I interacted with seemed knowledgeable and competent. It sounds like the person you dealt with is not very competent and I'd raise that awareness with their supervisor.