Chakadoll

Medical Interview Experience in SLEC, Manila

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband and daughter just finished their medical interview in SLEC last July 13 and 15. The came in around 11am from Cebu and it was raining hard coz of the typhoon that was coming to the area. Anyway, straight from the airport they checked in to their hotel, which was within the vicinity of the clinic and the embassy. Nevertheless, they had a quick lunch and after that they proceed to SLEC around almost 2pm. They were accepted to start their medical processing without any hassle. No lines.. .. absolutely. Thank God for that.

Here are the process they went through inside the clinic:

-at the ground floor, the guard ask for their appointment letter and passport and they were given a form (PDS) to fill up then proceed to the reception for verification, my hubby forgot to sign his passport so they called his attention for that and let him sign it as well as our daughter's passport

_ 2x2 pics were ask about 3 pcs and with complete name at the back of the pics, also the appointment letter with photocopy.

_ digital picture taken and also fingerprint scanning done for hubby only and data were encoded to their system.

_ after few mins of waiting , proceeded to the 5th floor for the medical fee payment( Php 10,027 for my husband and Php 8,711.45 for our daughter) this depends on the prevailing rate of the USD of the day.

_After paying the medical fee, proceeded to the 2nd floor for the immunization interview( Vaccines),this is where theyre gonna ask for the kids immunization record, our daughter went ahead with her Tuberculin Test and ouch my baby cried out loud, according to her , its so painful.. poor baby..

_after the TB test, their Vital signs, height and weight, eye test were done.

_back to the 5th floor, this is where my hubby was asked to get naked for medical exam and etc..

'

_after that experience... went to 4th floor for blood extraction (for hubby only).. he did not remember what the tests were taken out of his blood.

_back to 3rd floor for the Chest xray. waited a little bit for check out and when their names were called, my husband was instructed to come back after 48 hours (Thursday July 15) for the TB test reading for our daughter at 340pm and 1pm for my husband for the continuation of the medical interview exam.

_They were out from the clinic about 5pm. According to my husband, the wait is not too bad on the 1st day of the Medical.

JULY 15, 2010(Thursday) 2nd day of the Medical

_ Hubby came at 12noon for his 1pm appointment to 2nd floor. this is when he waited :crying: ( 2hours waiting) up to 3pm before they called his name, they asked for his passport. Waited again for an hour before he was called at the 2nd floor still for the immunization.. identity verified at this time too. so at 4pm, he had his vaccines done, there were 3 of them..Tetanus, MMR ( he's not sure on this one) and the varicella.

_After the vaccines given, proceeded to the ground floor for the released of the result.. here they asked his passport and they took it, they gave him his Xray CD( wow, I remember during my time..2006, it was a huge film they gave me) and his immunization report sheet.

_Voila he is done with his medical and everything went fine. :thumbs: Thank God. but opppssss, he needed to run back to the hotel to get our daughter back to the clinic for her appointment of TB test reading and the rest of the medical...Glad their hotel is closer.

_They were late for few minutes of her appointment, but God is so good they still accepted her.. so glad coz if not.. i dont know what are they gonna do.. Anyway, about 415 pm, my our daughter was at the second floor for the TB test reading, and guess what...It was negative. another,

Thank you Lord. :dance: the staff could'nt believed it was negative so they kept asking my husband if was the same spot where they injected it :bonk: and of course, my husband and daughter was 110% sure it was the same site. I guess they were expecting it to be positive.

_ Anyway, since it was negative(TB test), no chest Xray required and our daughter received her vaccines: flu shot and varicella and again my hubby was not sure of the 3rd one..

_after the immunization they went to the ground floor for check out and released of the result. they asked my daughter to write her name and dad signs it too. however, my daughter's medical result wasn't able to reached their cut-time so they gave it to my husband along with her passport on a sealed envelope. they instructed him to bring the medical result to USEM on the day of the interview and made sure he is not gonna open it.

Finally, the medical exam was done and no problem with it.. Thank you LORD JESUS CHRIST for EVERYTHING.... Will post the Visa Interview experience later.. they were just finished about an hour ago... I still need to ask them for their experience..

Hope this experience will help out.. Goodluck to all and GOD bless us always.

Chakadoll :dancing:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations! I was so haggard after the medical. lol.

Best wishes!

K-1 TIMELINE

2-12-10: I-129F arrived at CSC

2-16-10: NOA1 issued

2-20-10: NOA1 hard copy received

4-5-10: NOA2 issued

4-9-10: NOA2 hard copy received

4-26-10: Embassy sent Toni a letter

6-9 & 11-10: Medical at SLMEC - PASSED!

7-1-10: Interview - BLUE

7-6-10: Submitted additional evidence of current sustained income (paychecks)

7-13-10: Visa Approved! (FINALLY!!!)

7-19-10: Visa Issued!

7-21-10: VISA IN HAND! (Thank God! The wait is finally over.)

8-26-10: POE: LAX

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

4-1-11: AOS Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox

5-2-11: NOA issued for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: NOA hard copy received for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: Biometrics appointment letter received

5-20-11: AOS Package was transferred to CSC

5-26-11: Biometrics appointment

5-26-11: EAD approved (that was faaaaaaasst!)

10-3-11: AOS finally approved!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thankk you and Best wishes too. :thumbs:

Good to hear the medical went fine. congrats. looking forward for your interview experience.

130 Track:

Apr. 4. 2007: I-130 Sent/Submitted

Apr. 13. 2007: I-130 NOA1

Aug. 11. 2009: I-130 Approved

NVC Track:

Sep 16 2009: NVC Case # assigned

Mar 28 2010: DS3032 received via mail.

Mar 30 2010: DS3032 Entered into NVC sys

Apr 4 2010: AOS fee bill generated

Apr 5 2010: AOS paid online

Apr 6 2010: IV fee bill generated

Apr 13 2010: IV fee bill paid.

May 24 2010: I-864 sent

June 6 2010: DS-230 sent.

July 20 2010: Case complete at NVC

Sep 1 2010: Interview Appt Letter Received

Sep 13 2010: Medical done.

Oct 4 2010: Visa approved

Nov 2010: POE.

Nov 29: Got SSN

Dec 2010: Got Green card

Timeline

Good to hear the medical went fine. congrats. looking forward for your interview experience.

Hello Twulf,

so glad too..anyway.. thank you and hoping and praying that you will be next in line... hang on and God will help u through this... I am gonna write their embassy experience too but sorry, it will be later till I can ask my husband the details.. they were exhausted from the trip and the flight back home.. but anyway, will let everyone know in our forum once its there.. Good luck and God bless u

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi...chakadoll...i've also read ur other post abt ur husband and daughter's interview experienced...this mean a lot to us,,,this is very informative..unfortunately, i hav a problem w/ my medical but my kids were all done w/ their immunization and stuff..just praying always that my medical will turn out to be fine but our supposed to be interview date on aug.13,2010 will be moved 2 mos fr now..guess we hav to stay for a couple of months....again,,i'm happy for you.. :yes:

Timeline

hi...chakadoll...i've also read ur other post abt ur husband and daughter's interview experienced...this mean a lot to us,,,this is very informative..unfortunately, i hav a problem w/ my medical but my kids were all done w/ their immunization and stuff..just praying always that my medical will turn out to be fine but our supposed to be interview date on aug.13,2010 will be moved 2 mos fr now..guess we hav to stay for a couple of months....again,,i'm happy for you.. :yes:

Hello Summer, thanks for reading my posts.. anyway, dont worry bout ur medical as long as u follow what they advised , then u should be ok after two months..just hang in there, 2 months will fly faster.. am also waiting for two months to fly home and be back here in US with them.. Goodluck to you and keep praying..God bless you too.. anyway, how about ur kid's interview? ive heard that the medical will only be good after a month? correct me if am wrong.. did they went to the US embassy for the schedule even if without ur medical result or they reschedule them too?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Summer, thanks for reading my posts.. anyway, dont worry bout ur medical as long as u follow what they advised , then u should be ok after two months..just hang in there, 2 months will fly faster.. am also waiting for two months to fly home and be back here in US with them.. Goodluck to you and keep praying..God bless you too.. anyway, how about ur kid's interview? ive heard that the medical will only be good after a month? correct me if am wrong.. did they went to the US embassy for the schedule even if without ur medical result or they reschedule them too?

thank you Chakadoll....yeah...dats wat i have in mind also...i've waited for 12yrs for this and 2mos is 2mos compare to 12yrs that i've waited...hoping and praying that the culture test will turn out to be negative as well coz i'm done w/ the smear test and it went out to be negative....my kids wasn't interview yet coz i am the principal applicant so they hav to wait for my papers to be clear (at st lukes..)and when i get the result on oct 5,,the medical is only good for 3mos,they sd...I know God is good and evrything is in purpose accdg to his will...we just hav to make an effort...hav a safe trip then...tnx for replying...God bless and regards to ur family...

Timeline

thank you Chakadoll....yeah...dats wat i have in mind also...i've waited for 12yrs for this and 2mos is 2mos compare to 12yrs that i've waited...hoping and praying that the culture test will turn out to be negative as well coz i'm done w/ the smear test and it went out to be negative....my kids wasn't interview yet coz i am the principal applicant so they hav to wait for my papers to be clear (at st lukes..)and when i get the result on oct 5,,the medical is only good for 3mos,they sd...I know God is good and evrything is in purpose accdg to his will...we just hav to make an effort...hav a safe trip then...tnx for replying...God bless and regards to ur family...

goodluck to ur family too.. and dont worry, ur journey will be over soon.. Remember God is good all the time.. Thanks for wiishing my family well, all the best to u too..God bless u and family as well.. regards and u take care.. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.