Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Marriage Termanation

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My name is Dominic. I am in the process of bringing my girl from Vietnam to Las Vegas NV. Received a letter requesting more information regarding past marriages.

Letter indicates requesting, a copy of divorce decree. (SHOWING PROOF OF FILING, MUST BE CIVILY FILED AND SIGNED BY A JUDGE OR MAGISTRATE and RECORDED.

Mine has been filed with stamp of name of person, a Commisoner and clerk.

i filed these forms along with all documents pertaining with my I-129 F packet. I do not understand if something has changed.

I used these same documents before in 2004 for the same process a I-129 F for a girl in Russia. Had no problems, she received visa but decided to return back to Russia.

Again, does anyone know, has this section change, perhaps needing signitures in stead of stamped name of persons working in the court system.

I appreciate any help with this. Documets need to be filed by 23 July, short time I have.

Thank you all

Dominic Ruiz

Hello to all

I am in the process of bringing my girl Truc from HCM city to Las Vegas Nevada. I just came back seeing her the first time and what an experience, Just wonderful.

Loved it. So I am bringing home my girl.

I am no stranger; I was married before to a Russian girl. I too went to Russia and filed all docs for her as well.

So now here i go again. I remember paying $190.00 for process now it’s what $465.00 WOWWW.

Ok I guess they think if she is true love cost is nothing.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam

In your signature you say you married the Russian girl. Did you also include a divorce decree from that marriage? Are you sure it's the divorce decree from the first marriage and not the second one that they are questioning?

A stamp rather than a signature is not uncommon on court documents. Judges have to "sign" documents all day long, and they often just use a stamp. The judge in the family court where I live does the same thing. I'm sure this is not new to USCIS.

Are you sure what you've got is a certified copy of the divorce decree? Does it clearly indicate that the marriage is terminated?

Some people have responded to these RFE's by just sending another copy of the same document, and it was accepted. Maybe USCIS lost the first document they sent (it happens). You could also go back to the court and get another certified copy. If any of the stamps are in a different color then you could also make a color copy to prove you've got the original certified copy, and not a second hand photocopy. I'm not sure what else you could do. A certified copy is what it is - you can't make it more authentic.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...