All Creation

CFO Timing Question.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. My name is Trey, and I'm actually nearing the end of the road concerning the process of bringing my fiancé, Rose, over here to the US on a K1 visa. *wish I would have known about this great forum earlier*, be that as it may, I have a quick question.

My fiancé just finished her interview, PINK!, and were currently in the process of waiting for her visa and passport to be returned to her. My question(s) concern the CFO clearance/stamp. Firstly, is the clearance a simple walk in, take, seminar, get stamp process all in a few hours, or is there a waiting period of some sort after the seminar? Secondly, can the seminar be taken by just walking in, or do you need to schedule an appointment of some sort ahead of time? Lastly, does anyone have a suggestion concerning which day/time would be the easiest aka least crowded? (she'll be going to the center in metro Manila.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to becoming an active reader/poster on these forums. Very good folks here from what I can tell. ;)

-Trey

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats and welcome to VJ!

You can check out my PRISM and CFO experience. Here is the link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/255079-prism-cfo-experience/page__p__3919043__fromsearch__1#entry3919043

It's just a simple walk in. However, it's better for her to go when she already has her passport with visa cuz once she's done with the seminar and she has her passport, she can go to the CFO office to have it stamped with the sticker. It will just be a one day process.

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

[quote It's just a simple walk in. However, it's better for her to go when she already has her passport with visa cuz once she's done with the seminar and she has her passport, she can go to the CFO office to have it stamped with the sticker. It will just be a one day process.

While it can be a simple process, and for many it is, you should never take the CFO process for granted. As she will have a individual interview, and some factors like (Her age/your age, prior divorces, and having the proper documents as listed on their site, including your US birth certificate) can influence how many questions, and how difficult they can make the process. Each interviewer is different, some easy, some wanting to make her life difficult. There are many good threads on this site with both good, and bad experiences. In the end she will get the stamp, but sometimes they throw road blocks in the path.

Marriage :2009-12-31

I-485-AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 2010-01-12

I-485 RFE response received by USCIS : 2010-02-010

EAD/AP Approved Date: 2010-03-11

AP Received Date: 2010-03-16

EAD Received Date 2010-03-19

AOS Interview Appointment 2010-05-10

Green Card approved 2010-05-10

Email received Card Production ordered 2010-05-13

Green Card received 2010-06-08

Here is the website for CFO: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/ In the upper left, since you are K-1, you will click on the the "spouses/partners" tab under were it says FOR.

Good luck. We will be doing Jeans CFO in Cebu when I fly over to bring her back. Hope my presence will help in some way. :)

Here is the website for CFO: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/ In the upper left, since you are K-1, you will click on the the "spouses/partners" tab under were it says FOR.

Good luck. We will be doing Jeans CFO in Cebu when I fly over to bring her back. Hope my presence will help in some way. :)

to be honest they dont allow the fiance or husband inside you have to wait outside.

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.