scotty's girl

prism & cfo experience

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I attended the 10 am schedule in PRISM. The guard told me to go to 3rd floor. When I got there, I went to the only window there. The lady asked me about my fiance's citizenship and if I already have my visa. After answering her questions, she gave me a form, asked me to fill it out and to give it back to her. After filling out the form, she told me to proceed to the last door. There were already several people there, most were females. Some of them are going to other countries in Europe and Southeast Asia.

The seminar started with an introduction of the organization, which started around 10:25. It lasted for about 10 minutes, it was very brief. After that, they explained about the offer of BDO to Filipinos going overseas. They explained what it was. It took a little long because we had to fill out the form from the bank.

Next was the group counseling. All of the USA bound people were asked to stay in the room. The others were directed to other rooms. The discussion started, they then gave us printed papers about the discussion. Just the things that we have to bring and what to do on the day of departure and arrival. Other things discussed were US immigration policy, getting settled, and naturalization requirements.

The last part was the one on one counseling. Here are some of the questions asked:

1. What is the maiden name of your fiance's mother?

2. How long have you known your fiance?

3. Where did you meet?

4. When did he visit you?

5. Is he divorced? If yes, how many times?

6. How many kids does he have?

The lady asked my for my fiance's divorce paper, photocopies of my passport and visa. After the counseling, I was asked to pay for the certificate at the window. It costs Php 250.00. After paying, I had my picture taken. Waited for a little while then got my certificate. I was out there around 1pm. Went to BDO to get my ATM card, however, the line was very long. I had my lunch and when I went back, line was still very long. I asked if it's possible to just withdraw my application to open an account, they said yes,so I took my ID.

I took a taxi going to CFO (the girls told me that a pedicab in Quirino Ave. costs about 60 pesos). I only paid 40 pesos, cheaper than the pedicab, hehe. There were a lot of people in CFO. The guard asked for a photocopy of my CFO certificate. He then gave me an ID then told me to go to window 1 for verification. The woman gave me a form, I filled it out then gave it back with my passport. Next was payment, then I waited for maybe 15 minutes before my name was called. They gave me back my passport, and other papers about immigrating to the USA. I was done by 2:30 I was only there for 30 minutes.

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Time to pack up and leave PI. Have a safe trip!good.gif

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Have a safe trip sis! Godbless :)

K1 Visa
Sept.2009 Sent Petition
Oct.2009 Petition Approved
Nov.2009 Visa Recieved
-------------------------
AOS
Feb. 2010 Sent AOS
Mar. 2010 Biometrics
May 2010 Interview
Jun 2010 GC Recieved
-------------------------
Removing of Condition:
Mar.19,2012---------ROC sent
Mar.20,2012---------VSC received signed by D. Renaud
Mar.23,2012---------Check encashed
Mar.24,2012---------NOA1
Apr.19,2012----------Biometrics (Early Bio 4/11/2012)
May 2012 ------------Biometrics redo

Nov.30,2012---------RFE (fingerprint can't read needs to submit police clearance)

May 2013-------------Received Permanent Residence Card

00bor6fe477d3.png

Did you happen to see a short brown girl there? Bout so high with dark hair..thin, really cute?? My wife was there too... :rofl::rofl: Congratulations!!! :)

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sounds like a waste of time

agreed !!! there are a lot of things that don't make sense with the Philippine government, i'd rather have my fiance just give 650 php at the airport and get it over, its just another way for them to make money...

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

you almost got screwed by BDO there... lol

11/05/09 - Sent I-130 for mother via snail mail

11/13/09 - Received NOA1

03/05/10 - Received NOA2

03/11/10 - Case entered into NVC system, MNL case # assigned

03/18/10 - Sent DS3032 via E-mail

03/24/10 - DS3032 entered into NVC system

03/25/10 - Received IV Fee bill by E-mail, PAID both IV and AOS Fees on-line

03/26/10 - AOS Bill showed as PAID (still waiting for 2009 Tax Transcript from IRS)

03/29/10 - IV Bill showed as PAID (still waiting for mother's documents from the Philippines)

04/09/10 - Sent AOS Package by snail mail

04/12/10 - NVC received AOS package

04/19/10 - Sent IV Package by snail mail

04/21/10 - NVC received IV package

04/28/10 - AOS accepted (received checklist re:IV package even if NVC received it already)

05/03/10 - Sign In FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!

05/05/10 - AVR message: "CASE COMPLETED ON 05/04/10"

05/12/10 - Received interview letter via e-mail

05/17-18/10 - Medical Exam

06/16/10 - Interview Appointment @ the Embassy (Canceled because of sputum and culture test, 2 months waiting)

08/05/10 - New Interview Appointment

08/07/10 - Visa delivered 2 days after interview

08/27/10 - LAX P.O.E.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yep, sounds like what Wilma went through at PRISM, cept she opened an account at BDO.....she said they explained to her how helpful it will be to have an account there when she's in the US. We got along fine for a year without a BDO account....:whistle:

They also kept telling her she was too young to leave PI and kept asking her if she was sure I wouldn't beat her up or something... they kept saying they can't let her pass....that sort of stuff ticked me off but she got the certificate.

Edited by ~Johnny~

~Johnny~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yep, sounds like what Wilma went through at PRISM, cept she opened an account at BDO.....she said they explained to her how helpful it will be to have an account there when she's in the US. We got along fine for a year without a BDO account....:whistle:

They also kept telling her she was too young to leave PI and kept asking her if she was sure I wouldn't beat her up or something... they kept saying they can't let her pass....that sort of stuff ticked me off but she got the certificate.

Yeah they got them patriotic beaurocrats there that will tell them that us Americans might beat them up and treat them like #######, but im sure if you give them the opportunity to come to the USA they would jump on it in a heartbeat, they dont like it coz they dont have it.

Thats why I cant retire in the Philippines, I would end up whooping someones a55 eventually. I cant stand the system they have over there.

Edited by teamster631

Timeline

Thank you all!

Did they want orginal divorce papers or copies are ok? If you give the orginal divorce papers do they return them?

A photocopy is fine.

AOS Process

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Timeline

Did you happen to see a short brown girl there? Bout so high with dark hair..thin, really cute?? My wife was there too... :rofl::rofl: Congratulations!!! :)

Thanks! Yeah, I might have seen her there. :)

AOS Process

7zglumjya7rwu.png

I attended the 10 am schedule in PRISM. The guard told me to go to 3rd floor. When I got there, I went to the only window there. The lady asked me about my fiance's citizenship and if I already have my visa. After answering her questions, she gave me a form, asked me to fill it out and to give it back to her. After filling out the form, she told me to proceed to the last door. There were already several people there, most were females. Some of them are going to other countries in Europe and Southeast Asia.

The seminar started with an introduction of the organization, which started around 10:25. It lasted for about 10 minutes, it was very brief. After that, they explained about the offer of BDO to Filipinos going overseas. They explained what it was. It took a little long because we had to fill out the form from the bank.

Next was the group counseling. All of the USA bound people were asked to stay in the room. The others were directed to other rooms. The discussion started, they then gave us printed papers about the discussion. Just the things that we have to bring and what to do on the day of departure and arrival. Other things discussed were US immigration policy, getting settled, and naturalization requirements.

The last part was the one on one counseling. Here are some of the questions asked:

1. What is the maiden name of your fiance's mother?

2. How long have you known your fiance?

3. Where did you meet?

4. When did he visit you?

5. Is he divorced? If yes, how many times?

6. How many kids does he have?

The lady asked my for my fiance's divorce paper, photocopies of my passport and visa. After the counseling, I was asked to pay for the certificate at the window. It costs Php 250.00. After paying, I had my picture taken. Waited for a little while then got my certificate. I was out there around 1pm. Went to BDO to get my ATM card, however, the line was very long. I had my lunch and when I went back, line was still very long. I asked if it's possible to just withdraw my application to open an account, they said yes,so I took my ID.

I took a taxi going to CFO (the girls told me that a pedicab in Quirino Ave. costs about 60 pesos). I only paid 40 pesos, cheaper than the pedicab, hehe. There were a lot of people in CFO. The guard asked for a photocopy of my CFO certificate. He then gave me an ID then told me to go to window 1 for verification. The woman gave me a form, I filled it out then gave it back with my passport. Next was payment, then I waited for maybe 15 minutes before my name was called. They gave me back my passport, and other papers about immigrating to the USA. I was done by 2:30 I was only there for 30 minutes.

Can anybody attend the seminar without the VISA and just come back for the CFO sticker?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.