Amber824

My husband's license expires in 2 days and i'm worried about the I-751?!?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am very worried about this final process because I made a stupid mistake! We sent out the I-751 in the beginning of May to the Vermont Center and the GC my husband has expires July 14, so does his License. When I sent a check with the I-751 packet, the check bounced, I signed up w/ a new bank and also had a savings account, and the savings helps my checking account in case I spend more than whats in the account and I won't ever have overdraft fees. Well the lady apparently never connected the 2 accounts together when I signed up and the check bounced because I had a little less than $545 in my account, I messed up w/ the bills, stupid mistake! I get a letter saying I owe $575 to USCIS since my check bounced and they need it within 14 days, I sent a money order rather than a check just to be safe this time, I sent it through USPS so I can track it and make sure they received it and they did before the 14 days. This all happened at the end of May, my husband receives a Bio appt. letter for June 8th, he goes to the bio appt. and everything went fine. I then receive another letter after the bio appt. and its for a later date, June 22, it has the same exact EAC number as the first Bio appt. letter did. I asked here on VJ what should we do and a few people said that since the numbers match, we don't have to go again. So I agreed and thought the same thing since the Bio appt. will just be the same, its pointless to do it twice, so he never went, plus he couldn't miss another day at work!

Now I am just becoming paranoid because I haven't heard ANYTHING yet, they never sent me anything about receiving the money and when I check our case online, it just says its in 'Initial Review' and the last time it was touched was June 26 and I also noticed that our I485 was touched June 19, i'm not sure what that means... my husband's license will expire on July 14th and his job won't allow an expired license since he drives a company truck. During the Removal Condition process, what needs to happen now? Do we just wait for the approval to renew his license or is it possible for my husband to go to the DMV and renew it now?

If anyone can give some advice, please do, I have been worried for days now!

Please help!!

Edited by Amber824

Filed: Timeline

The payment issue seems to have been taken care of; and the same goes for the biometrics. Many DMV offices will let you renew a license with the 1-yr extension letter (your NOA1 letter), so you won't have to wait for the approval.

You're perfectly within the processing time and several other VSC filers got touches in late June. It's normal for it to show Initial Review right now. Oftentimes, there will be a touch on your old 485 too, especially when your case is getting close to approval. Join the May filers thread for other people's timelines and you'll see you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Hope I could help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Your husband can use the NOA1 that they sent you (this is also the one year extension letter) to extend his license for one year. When he receives the 10 year card he can go back and renew it. Also...

1. They accepted your payment because they wouldn't have scheduled you for a bio appointment otherwise.

2. Don't worry about the second bio appointment. USCIS was sending out duplicate appointments and they posted on their website to ignore the second appointment.

3. At this point they are processing your case and the only thing you have left to do is wait.

Don't worry, you'll hear from them soon. :thumbs:

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

I think you should schedule an infopass, or call and explain everything, i dont uderstand if it is about the driver license or the extencion on his residence. Because if it is the driver license the extension that they gave him, i think it is valid to get a new one. Good luck, I havent hear nothing too, and I think all cases were touched on the 26 because mine was too. its wired huh?

Jan/21/10---- Application Received

Feb/11/10---- Biometrics Taken

March/12/10-- One Yr. Extension Received

March/23/10-- Green Card Expired

June/26/10--- Updated date in USCIS Portfolio

June/29/10--- Place Service Request

July/30/10--- Place 2nd Service Request

Sept/07/2010== Place 3rd Service Request

Sept/27/2010==EMAIL received post decision activity, green card apprived.

catcatsdg20070115_-8_My+Aaron+is.png

dev073pr___.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The payment issue seems to have been taken care of; and the same goes for the biometrics. Many DMV offices will let you renew a license with the 1-yr extension letter (your NOA1 letter), so you won't have to wait for the approval.

You're perfectly within the processing time and several other VSC filers got touches in late June. It's normal for it to show Initial Review right now. Oftentimes, there will be a touch on your old 485 too, especially when your case is getting close to approval. Join the May filers thread for other people's timelines and you'll see you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Hope I could help.

Your husband can use the NOA1 that they sent you (this is also the one year extension letter) to extend his license for one year. When he receives the 10 year card he can go back and renew it. Also...

1. They accepted your payment because they wouldn't have scheduled you for a bio appointment otherwise.

2. Don't worry about the second bio appointment. USCIS was sending out duplicate appointments and they posted on their website to ignore the second appointment.

3. At this point they are processing your case and the only thing you have left to do is wait.

Don't worry, you'll hear from them soon. :thumbs:

Thank you both SOOOO MUCH!!!! I just did a HUGE sigh of relief! thank goodness, now I can call my husband and tell him to quit worrying as well, it seems like we are still on schedule with everything!! thank you thank you thank you!!! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.