robmd

CRBA Question

29 posts in this topic

It is not illegal to have 2 passports if you are dual citizen.A child who have the CRBA is automatic dual citizen because they are native born of the Philippine to a filipino mother/father and american father/mother.

Those who have to apply for dual citizenhip in order for them to have Phil.passport or acquire Philippine citizenship are for filipinos who have been naturalized here in the US.

So if your son went through the process of CRBA..he is automatically dual citizen..all you need to do is get him a Philippine passport in able for him to hold US and Philippine passport and no need for him to pay for exit clearance at Bureau of Immigration.

Exit fee around 1,200php.

It is not illegal to have 2 passports if you are dual citizen.A child who have the CRBA is automatic dual citizen because they are native born of the Philippine to a filipino mother/father and american father/mother.

Those who have to apply for dual citizenhip in order for them to have Phil.passport or acquire Philippine citizenship are for filipinos who have been naturalized here in the US.

So if your son went through the process of CRBA..he is automatically dual citizen..all you need to do is get him a Philippine passport in able for him to hold US and Philippine passport and no need for him to pay for exit clearance at Bureau of Immigration.

WELL SAID ATE DAWN.. :yes:

K1 JOURNEY

September 14, 2009 – NOA 1

December 17, 2009 – NOA 2(APPROVAL NOTICE)

January 6,2010 – NVC ASKING FOR ADDITIONAL REVIEW,RETURNED OUR PETITION TO USCIS

March 3, 2010 – REOPENED AND RECONSIDERED

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

APRIL 3, 2010 – REAFFIRMED(APPROVED)

APRIL 12, 2010 – CALLED NVC, CASE NO.ASSIGNED

APRIL 30, 2010 - CALLED NVC AGAIN, THEY SAID OUR PAPERS ARE STILL IN USCIS:(

JUNE 18, 2010 - FINALLY, NVC SENT OUR PAPERS TO MANILA

JUNE 25, 2010 - EMBASSY HAVE THE ELECTRONIC COPY

JULY 6 and 7 2010 - MEDICAL(PASSED^_^)

JULY 12, 2010 - INTERVIEW (PASSED)THANK YOU GOD!!!

JULY 21, 2009 - POE(SAN FRANCISCO,WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY:))

CRBA JOURNEY(out of WEDLOCK)

JANUARY 17, 2009 – called FEDEX, ordered packet!

MARCH 15, 2009 – CALLED FEDEX FOR PICK UP

MARCH 17, 2009 – RECEIVED A CALL FROM EMBASSY FOR OUR DAUGHTER’S APPERANCE.MAR. 30:)

MARCH 30, 2009 – CRBA APPROVED WITHOUT DNA,TO GOD BE THE GLORY:)

APRIL 14, 2009 – CRBA CERTIFICATE AND US PASSPORT RECEIVED(YAY!!!)

AOS

DECEMBER 7, 2010 – sent AOS docs via USPS Express mail to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

DECEMBER 8, 2010 – package was delivered to USCIS, signed by R. Mercado

DECEMBER 15, 2010 – cheque cashed

DECEMBER 17, 2010 - received NOA 1 for I-765, I-485 in the mail dated DEC. 14

DECEMBER 23, 2010 - received biometrics appointment(JAN 14,2010)dated DEC 17.

I FOUND MY DESTINY,MY SOUL MATE,MY BETTER HALF!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

An update...we got our CRBA last week. On Monday she tried to get our daughter's Philippine passport, but they told her she needed to come back for an appointment on 14 Aug. Problem is she will still be on visiting her family in Mindanao then and we already have plane tickets to come here on Sept 7. So now we are going to have to go to the Immigration offic, then try to get her Philippine passport at the Embassy in NY.

Really hoping there are no problems. Thanks for the help again.

K-1/K-2

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-11-09

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-11-13

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-02-26

NVC Received : 2010-03-05

Consulate Received : 2010-03-13

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-02

Interview Date : 2010-05-20

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-06-01

US Entry : 2010-09-08

POE : Detroit

Marriage : 2010-10-23

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 105 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 188 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS/EAD

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

Date Filed : 2011-02-23

NOA Date : 2011-03-15

Bio. Appt. : 2011-04-15

EAD Approved : 2011-04-21

EAD Received : 2011-04-23

Interview : 2011-06-08

• 3 months later...

Bluemist, you just answered the question! Thanks a lot!!

Met August 8, 2007 through a common friend
Officially a couple October 2, 2007
Married November 2008
------------------------------------------
USCIS
02/09/2010 - Receipt date on NOA1
02/16/2010 - Notice date (NOA1)
02/24/2010 - Received NOA1 in mail
04/20/2010 - Notice date (NOA2) APPROVED PETITION!
04/27/2010 - Received NOA2 in mail

NVC
04/28/2010 - AOS Bill generated
05/06/2010 - Received AOS Bill and DS-3032 in mail (New York)
05/20/2010 - Sent DS-3032 via email
05/21/2010 - Received DS-3032 form in mail (Philippines)
05/21/2010 - Paid AOS fee online
05/25/2010 - AOS fee shows PAID
05/25/2010 - NVC acknowledges DS-3032 email
05/26/2010 - IV fee generated
05/31/2010 - Paid IV fee
06/02/2010 - IV fee shows PAID
08/17/2010 - Sent AOS and DS-230 papers via 3-day air
08/25/2010 - NVC received the documents as per NVC IVR
09/18/2010 - Received checklist for I-864 forms
10/22/2010 - Sent RFE response
11/04/2010 - NVC received checklist response letter
11/14/2010 - SIF!!!! Yaaayyy!!
11/22/2010 - CC as per AVR
11/30/2010 - Received appointment letter
12/07/2010 - Medicals Day 1
12/08/2010 - Medicals Day 2 - PASSED!!!
01/04/2011 - Interview...APPROVED!!!
01/07/2011 - Received VISA
01/19/2011 - CFO Seminar
01/24/2011 - POE JFK =)

• 2 years later...

An update...we got our CRBA last week. On Monday she tried to get our daughter's Philippine passport, but they told her she needed to come back for an appointment on 14 Aug. Problem is she will still be on visiting her family in Mindanao then and we already have plane tickets to come here on Sept 7. So now we are going to have to go to the Immigration offic, then try to get her Philippine passport at the Embassy in NY.

Really hoping there are no problems. Thanks for the help again.

hi gud day. i would like to ask if how much did u pay for exit fees in BI without phil. passport. thanks!

Lord God You Know All Things, You Can Do All Things. We Trust You So Much!
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi gud day. i would like to ask if how much did u pay for exit fees in BI without phil. passport. thanks!

I don't really remember exactly, but I think we had to pay 750 pesos. I would ask somebody else that has done it more recently though.

K-1/K-2

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-11-09

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-11-13

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-02-26

NVC Received : 2010-03-05

Consulate Received : 2010-03-13

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-02

Interview Date : 2010-05-20

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-06-01

US Entry : 2010-09-08

POE : Detroit

Marriage : 2010-10-23

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 105 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 188 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS/EAD

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

Date Filed : 2011-02-23

NOA Date : 2011-03-15

Bio. Appt. : 2011-04-15

EAD Approved : 2011-04-21

EAD Received : 2011-04-23

Interview : 2011-06-08

I don't really remember exactly, but I think we had to pay 750 pesos. I would ask somebody else that has done it more recently though.

Thank u!, my daughter is 2 y.o and i was thinking of getting the PI passport in CA. We're located in mindanao so it's a bit hassle for us to get PI passport. the plane fare, etc.. but If the payment is much more bigger than getting PI passport, i will go for PI passport then, no choice lol. We're in the stage now of waiting for my daughter's us passport since we're done in DNA testing. It's been almost 1 month and a half now and still hear nothing from them. I tried to email the usem but no answer. I am really hoping that we'll receive it this week. :huh: #fingerscrossed

Exit fee is currently Php 1620 (there are discounts for children). Terminal fee is Php 550.

thank u! :)

Hi good day! Thanks God! A lady from Usem called lately that my daughter's crba was approved last April 12. She said we'll just wait 2-3 weeks for the passport to arrived via air21. About getting the Pi passport, do we need to bring her US passport? And in the question "are u a holder of a foreign passport" did u say "yes"? Are we gonna have any difficulties in saying yes to this question? Thank u!

Edited by Angeljay

Just applied for PI passport for my 18 months old son. The agency told me to answer no because you will be having a hard time submitting the requirement of BI. So that's what I did and no issue. I have a question aboutDNA of your child.How did you do it? Because we might have one for our son if our document will be rejected. I just want to be proactive.

Just applied for PI passport for my 18 months old son. The agency told me to answer no because you will be having a hard time submitting the requirement of BI. So that's what I did and no issue. I have a question aboutDNA of your child.How did you do it? Because we might have one for our son if our document will be rejected. I just want to be proactive.

Thank you

Thank you

Thank u for answering my question :-) about our dna, CO gave us 2 letters saying we need to undergo dna & the instructions how to do dna. So i called my husband, scanned the letters then send it to him. You must select a testing facility from the AABB list found on their website written on the letter. Ur usc husband/wife will make arrangements on the nearest aabb lab in your place for payments and shipment, and request the necessary # of kits to be sent back to mnl usem. Wen the kits arrived at usem, the embassy will call the St. Lukes to notify the arrival of the dna kits. The SLEC will then contact you to set up your appointment. And they will instruct you where to go first & what to bring. :-)

Thank you for the info...Good luck to us. I am hoping for June interview.

your welcome! God Bless us all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.