I AM NOT THAT GUY

California Senate Race in Statistical Dead Heat as Boxer Slips in Polls

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Boxer's approval ratings sink, Field Poll says

California voters are giving U.S. Sen. Barbara Boxer some of the lowest approval ratings of her career, as the three-term Democrat is in a statistical dead heat against first-time GOP office-seeker Carly Fiorina, according to a new Field Poll released today.

Boxer leads Fiorina, the former Hewlett-Packard CEO, 47 to 44 percent, according to Field's survey of 1,390 registered voters, 1,005 of whom were considered likely to vote in November. The poll, conducted June 22-July 5, has a margin of error of 3.2 percentage points among likely voters. For Boxer's job performance ratings among registered voters, the margin of error is 2.8 percentage points.

Boxer's slight numerical lead masks potentially serious problems for the senator, starting with how 52 percent of the respondents hold an unfavorable view of her.

At the same time, her job approval rating is among the lowest that Field has measured for her since she was first elected to the Senate in 1992: 43 percent of registered voters disapprove of her performance while 42 percent approve. Among likely voters, 48 percent disapprove and 42 percent approve.

While voters' responses to a pollster in July may change by the time they vote in November, the new poll shows that whether voters love or hate her, 93 percent hold an opinion about Boxer.

"She is vulnerable," Field Poll director Mark DiCamillo said. "This is very ominous for her."

One of Boxer's more vexing problems, analysts say, is that opposition to her is not just about her. She has become an avatar for broader voter frustrations about the struggling economy, President Obama and the growth of the federal government.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/07/07/MNM51EAVTM.DTL#ixzz0t9K128C1

I would love nothing better than to see her lose. I hate Feinstein as well but at least she is intelligent. Boxer is an embarrassment above the normal California silliness.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

I would love nothing better than to see her lose. I hate Feinstein as well but at least she is intelligent. Boxer is an embarrassment above the normal California silliness.

Me too, it would rank up there with when Tom Daschle lost his seat.

Edited by _Simpson_

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

now if only the whackjobs in San Francisco would get rid of the ###### incarnate.....

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't stand Feinstein, but the republicans haven't run a serious candidate in decades.

The Boxer/Fiorina contest isn't really going to be that close. What does Carly Fiorina have as her qualifications? That she successfully ran HP as it's CEO? She is rated as one of the top 20worst CEO of all time. The company was worth 40% when she was fired of what it was when she took over. She is a horrible businesswoman and has zero political experience or political capitol. Besides this is California..... we may say that we're fed up with the establishment, but in the end, this is one of the most liberal states in the country and will vote for old Governor Moonbeam. I'm not thrilled with him, but he's not as horrible as Fiorina.