bobkiss

Establishing US domicile, Canadian citizen.

2 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am a Canadian citizen with US green card. I have a bank account and an address in the US but due to employment I couldn't establish a good proof of domicile in the US. Recently my wife who is also a Canadian citizen had her visa interview (F1) and they conditionally refused visa. The condition is that I have to show them some proof of domicile in the sate of California (where I had initially landed). We have till next July to reply to their request with proper documents such as employment contract, pay stubs etc. so at this point it looks like that I either have to go there and find a job and rent a place and so on or to give up our green card. Is there a guarantee that if I do this successfully, they will grant her visa? and they will not say that now it looks like you just acted after our warning and you weren't in the US before. We are planning to move to the US once she gets her visa but not sure that if I establish my domicile in the limited time that we have, they will accept it. I would really appreciate if anyone who has dealt with this domicile issue can help me out and share their experiences with us. It is just we are running out of time and it looks like we have to do it as soon as possible. Apparently just the US address or bank account was not enough and now they are asking for more proof such as car insurance, property lease and employment.

Thanks very much.

Edited by bobkiss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.