Tamra

which fees and when?

4 posts in this topic

I'm currently living in my alien spouses home country (Pakistan) so we won't need to be separated, as I am disabled and can not live unassisted. We are traveling to Islamabad on Monday to do DCF for the I-130. Can someone direct me- what do I need to bring with me, or do I only need to bring the I-130 to file?

and about fees... When filing the I-130 do I only need to pay the $355 I-130 fee or is the full fee amount due at that time for the DS-230 and medical, fingerprinting etc.??

Anyone know how much time will pass before he is called for an interview?

new to this process and freaking out! LOL any serious help will be appreciated

thanks

Tamra and Adnan

married July 27 2006 (L)

intending on starting IR-1 process Monday July 5, 2010 (maybe?) :help:

PS can anyone tell me how I put the time tracker image at the bottom of my posts?lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I'm currently living in my alien spouses home country (Pakistan) so we won't need to be separated, as I am disabled and can not live unassisted. We are traveling to Islamabad on Monday to do DCF for the I-130. Can someone direct me- what do I need to bring with me, or do I only need to bring the I-130 to file?

and about fees... When filing the I-130 do I only need to pay the $355 I-130 fee or is the full fee amount due at that time for the DS-230 and medical, fingerprinting etc.??

Anyone know how much time will pass before he is called for an interview?

new to this process and freaking out! LOL any serious help will be appreciated

thanks

Tamra and Adnan

married July 27 2006 (L)

intending on starting IR-1 process Monday July 5, 2010 (maybe?) :help:

PS can anyone tell me how I put the time tracker image at the bottom of my posts?lol

hi tamra iam sorry for you

Direct consular filing or DCF - The fastest way to get a visa is to apply directly to the foreign embassy rather than doing it through the service centers in the USA. Individual embassies used to be able to do this process for anyone if they wanted to. It was up to the individual embassy whether they wanted to provide this service or not. Some embassies did, some didn't. Unfortunately, the Adam Walsh Act put an end to that process. The only way you can do a DCF now is if you have been a resident of the foreign country (that mean if you are resident of pakistan then you are eligible to file dcf ) where you are submitting the application for at least 6 continuous months. You need to show evidence that you are a legal resident in the foreign country so this option is only available now to a limited amount of people.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

check the embassy website. it will have ALL the information you need as well as a list of all the items you must submit.

usually you pay the fee the day you submit and probably pay another the day you interview.

USCIS JOURNEY

12-08-09 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

12-11-09 - Notice of Action (NOA1)

02-25-10 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2) ~CA service center~

03-23-10 - PCC Applied - GET 04/01

Your I-130 was approved in 76 days from your NOA1 date

NVC JOURNEY

03-03-10 - NVC Case Number Assigned

03-05-10 - Email give

03-09-10 - AOS bill; Agent Email Get

03-10-10 - Paid AOS Bill; Email/Mail DS-3032

03-12-10 - AOS Bill Status: PAID

03-15-10 - IV Bill Email Get; Pay IV Bill

03-16-10 - IV Bill Status: PAID; AOS @ NVC

04-07-10 - IV Pack @ NVC

04-12-10 - IV Pack Enters AVR

04-20-10 - Log-in Fail

04-21-10 - Case Complete

04-30-10 - Interview Date Assigned

05-07-10 - NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Tokyo

Your case was complete in 50 days at NVC

EMBASSY JOURNEY

04-16-10 - Medical Exam ($400) - PASSED

05-10-10 - Embassy Receives Case from NVC

06-28-10 - INTERVIEW - Moved

06-21-10 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

06-22-10 - Visa Received

Your interview took 192 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

USA JOURNEY

07-05-10 - US Entry

07-26-10 - Request SSC @ SS office

07-28-10 - Welcome Letter (2nd on 8/9)

08-02-10 - SSC GET

08-12-10 - Green Card GET -38 days

04-05-2012 - File I-751: APPROVED 10/17

nihonamerica.jpg

Yes, the US embassy website in Pakistan is the best source for the information you need.

As for fees, you need to pay $355 at the time of your I-130 petition and $404 at the beneficiary interview.

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.