newlyweds

question on filling out n-400 form for 319(b)

5 posts in this topic

HI! I amplanning on applying for the 319(b) and is on the process of gathering all my stuff ^_^

i got my GC from doing AOS from K-1.

I have A few questions though

1) is it correct that I put my married name as my legal name on the N400?

or will I have to put the married name on the part D. name change?

it may seem like a stupid question lol but I just wanna make sure :)

I am from the philippines and we're used to chaning our names when we get married. Our maiden name becomes the middle name after marriage and taking up the husband's last name.

for example: name when single: TRIXIE PAZ CRUZ

married: TRIXIE CRUZ SMITH

my military ID has my new married name, and the new married name is also the one on my GC. I have no other ID with the new married name except those two. should I consider my married name as my legal name now?

2) what should I put on the part 1-D? EXPEDITED NATURALIZATION 319(b) ? will that do?

3) i should check "no" on part 3-H, right? just making sure

4) On part 8-A, should I put one? this is my 1st marriage, and this is my husband's 1st one too.. so on part 8-G, should I put one or zero?

5) part 10.C 14. my husband filed for our tax returns, thru married filing jointly, so should I click no? The thing is, I do not even know if and when we would get a copy of our tax returns, it would show me as a resident, since we couldn't remember and my husband said, that all's that he remembers is just writing my name as his spouse and my social, and since i'm not working, i am not earningany income.

6) 10-D I'm not sure which ones to check no or yes to.. this is my case:

I got into a traffic accident and was given a citation by the military police, so I know I will have to be honest with USCIS explaining my citation from the MPs.

It was my 1st time driving, i had a learner's permit which I did not know was only for on-base driving only, since we lived offbase, i tried practicing driving with my husband in the car, panicked when doing a Left turn, crashed into the neighbor's gate. So since I got into an accident offbase, they provoked my driving privileges, giving me a 6-month citation.

Thanks so much! I really want to be able to answer everything correctly to avoid RFEs pr anything of the sort :)

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

so all yes then huh? :( anyway,

do you know how I can get a hold of tax returns copies? we did it thru turbotax and when we looged bakc in, it doesn't show us anything anymore. They didn't save it or something/. SO we don't have a copy pf our 2009 tax returns with me as his spouse on there.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

so all yes then huh? :( anyway,

do you know how I can get a hold of tax returns copies? we did it thru turbotax and when we looged bakc in, it doesn't show us anything anymore. They didn't save it or something/. SO we don't have a copy pf our 2009 tax returns with me as his spouse on there.

try to call the IRS i think and request for a copy of your tax transcript (3 yr-period) which in my opinion more important than the tax return. thats what i did and they fax it all to me free of charge or u can ask them to mail it. have ur hubby's snn ready and all important infos... good luck

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

try to call the IRS i think and request for a copy of your tax transcript (3 yr-period) which in my opinion more important than the tax return. thats what i did and they fax it all to me free of charge or u can ask them to mail it. have ur hubby's snn ready and all important infos... good luck

ok, I will do that, I guess I will have to ask them to mail it. How long do you think will that take for them to send me a copy?

Thanks!

what address do i put on part 4? our physical address, the japanese one? because it says "do not write a PO box"

we live in an APO, AP and I was planning on just writing that but now, I'm not sure.

Thanks!

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.