Eric & Lizeth

Question About Bolivia Embassy

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

My lovely fiance went for her medical exam today and I'm happy to report that everything went quite well for her. The next stop on our visa journey is her interview at the Embassy in La Paz on July 15th.

We received packet 4 electronically (never got packet 3). To this day, Lizeth has not seen any postal mail come out of the Embassy. I don't think it's an issue but my questions deal with something else.

The instructions contained in packet 4 say that our entire packet must be received at the Embassy via DHL courier services no later than 10 days prior to her interview. The same instructions state that we need to send the sealed results of her medical review with that packet. Today was her medical exam but the Embassy "approved" physician told Lizeth that their offices submit the sealed results directly to the Embassy--they're not going to hand them over to her. I'm assuming that if this is their standard practice, then I have nothing to worry about.

What's irked me a little bit is that we could've sent out packet sooner had we known that we didn't have to wait for the results. This afternoon, I sent the packet to La Paz through DHL (Embassy rule, not mine!), but even when using Express service, it might not get to the embassy until Tuesday or Wednesday next week!

Her interview is scheduled for the 15th. Packet 4 instructions say that they need her packet at the embassy at least 10 days before the interview or there could be delays, denials, etc. That means that our packet has to be at the Embassy by next Monday, the fifth and DHL can't guarantee (they will try) delivery by that time.

I don't see a lot of members talking about the Bolivian Embassy so I understand if noone has any help for me. Yes, I did email the Embassy directly but the suspense is killing me!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric & Lizeth

b935d5d962.png

K-1 TIMELINE

Feb 22, 2010 - I-129F sent to Vermont

Mar 03, 2010 - Arrived at CSC

Mar 08, 2010 - NOA-1

Mar 09, 2010 - Touched

May 25, 2010 - NOA2 (Approved in 83 days from NOA1 date)

Jun 17, 2010 - Packet 4

Jun 30, 2010 - Medicals & Vaccinations

Jul 15, 2010 - Interview Date (221g "Pending Approval-Police Certificate)

Sep 15, 2010 - Visa adjudicated, printed, & Mailed via DHL

Sep 17, 2010 - Visa pick-up date

?? - POE USA

?? - Apply for SSN

?? - Marriage

?? - Start AOS process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I bet you are very excited about the interview coming!!

Well, from my experience (beneficiary) I can tell you I never got any packet by mail either. And if your packet has to be there on Monday I guess it's going to be fine, unless they ask you for more documents and you cannot get them to Lizeth on time.

We also got delayed in sending our package cause I didnt know about the doctor sending the envelope directly to the Embassy but I kept contact all the time with the consular section, thru email and they have always answered my questions.Yes, first e-mail was an automated response but after that I got a reply to every question I had within 24 hours.

In our case, they asked for more documents and we had time to get them and I took them with me to the interview. If you want send a private message and I can tell you all the details about my interview (June). I really hope I can help you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.