3 posts in this topic

Hello to all! It's been a long time..

(1)I'm gonna file my CR-2 visa petition for my 2 yr-old daughter in Manila in few weeks and I just wanted to be sure..I read that I will only need to send my daughter's BC, copy of my greencard, I-130 form and appropriate fee, so no need of G-325, correct?

(2)I also want my mom to apply for a tourist visa so she can accompany my daughter here (and of course to see the country), do you think it's a valid reason if CO asked her?

(3)How long does it take for tourist visa application's approval in Philippines and how long is it usually valid for?

..any thoughts? Thanks.

beth

September 2007-- Met Online (FilipinaHeart.com)
March 12,2009-- Married at Quezon City Hall of Justice
USCIS/NVC STAGE
May 8,2009-- I-130 Sent
August 17,2009-- I-130 Approved
August 26, 2009--case received at NVC
November 5,2009--CASE COMPLETED
USEM MANILA STAGE/ U.S. SOIL
November 17-18,2009--Medical PASSED
December 10, 2009--Interview @ 8:30AM A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D
January 25, 2010--FLIGHT(Manila-Japan-Detroit,MI-Buffalo,NY)
February 22,2010-- 2-yr GREEN CARD received
February 26, 2010--SSN received
REMOVING of CONDITIONS
December 22, 2011-- I-751 mailed
February 28, 2012-- Biometrics done

October 10, 2012-- 10-yr GREEN CARD received
NATURALIZATION
January 09, 2013-- sent N-400
January 28, 2013-- Biometrics

May 22, 2013-- Interview Passed- Officially a US Citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to all! It's been a long time..

(1)I'm gonna file my CR-2 visa petition for my 2 yr-old daughter in Manila in few weeks and I just wanted to be sure..I read that I will only need to send my daughter's BC, copy of my greencard, I-130 form and appropriate fee, so no need of G-325, correct?

(2)I also want my mom to apply for a tourist visa so she can accompany my daughter here (and of course to see the country), do you think it's a valid reason if CO asked her?

(3)How long does it take for tourist visa application's approval in Philippines and how long is it usually valid for?

..any thoughts? Thanks.

beth

If you petition for your daughter, she will not be here for two years.... If your USC spouse petitiones, then you could cut that time significantly to maybe 6 mos. or so...

Look to the Manila website for info on tourist visas.... application and approval\denial for a visa can occur withing a month or two

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

If you petition for your daughter, she will not be here for two years.... If your USC spouse petitiones, then you could cut that time significantly to maybe 6 mos. or so...

Look to the Manila website for info on tourist visas.... application and approval\denial for a visa can occur withing a month or two

yeah, i read a while ago that it would be faster for a us citizen to petition for stepchild so my husband will do it..thanks

September 2007-- Met Online (FilipinaHeart.com)
March 12,2009-- Married at Quezon City Hall of Justice
USCIS/NVC STAGE
May 8,2009-- I-130 Sent
August 17,2009-- I-130 Approved
August 26, 2009--case received at NVC
November 5,2009--CASE COMPLETED
USEM MANILA STAGE/ U.S. SOIL
November 17-18,2009--Medical PASSED
December 10, 2009--Interview @ 8:30AM A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D
January 25, 2010--FLIGHT(Manila-Japan-Detroit,MI-Buffalo,NY)
February 22,2010-- 2-yr GREEN CARD received
February 26, 2010--SSN received
REMOVING of CONDITIONS
December 22, 2011-- I-751 mailed
February 28, 2012-- Biometrics done

October 10, 2012-- 10-yr GREEN CARD received
NATURALIZATION
January 09, 2013-- sent N-400
January 28, 2013-- Biometrics

May 22, 2013-- Interview Passed- Officially a US Citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.