웃

Garofalo: Bible a 'Work of Fiction' for 'Child-Like Audience'

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Sometime-comedian Janeane Garofalo never passes up an opportunity to slam conservatives or, apparently, Christianity. The Huffington Post gave her an opportunity June 24 to kill two birds with one stone.

In a June 24 interview promoting her upcoming special on a network called EPIX, Garofalo compared the most widely-read book of all time, the Bible, to a Bill O’Reilly autobiography and a children’s book authored by former President Bush.

When asked by a Huffington Post reader which of those three publications she’d rather read, Garofalo said, “Actually that’s like six and one half, that is six and one half right there.” Presumably, she meant to use the popular idiom, “six of one, half a dozen of the other.”

“That’s just three works of fiction targeted to a child-like audience so any, all, any one, none,” Garofalo said. “I don’t know how to read either, so that’s kind of a drag.”

During the interview, Garofalo also expressed disappointment in President Obama. “It’s a drag that he’s such a conservative,” she lamented.

Garofalo’s made her disdain for religion clear in the past. During a June 16 appearance on “The Joy Behar Show” on Headline News, she called prayer “anti-intellectual.” Behar later defended Garofalo on ABC’s “The View,” saying the comedian should have said prayer was “un-intellectual.”

Garofalo has also built a long resume of attacking conservatives. She has compared the GOP to neo-Nazis and called Tea Party protestors “functionally retarded,” and “racist backward motherf***ers.” She has called the stable of Fox News anchors and hosts, as well as conservative talk radio hosts, liars.

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=Xd2GqGSUZu

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If can't believe the opinion a C list celeb, who can you trust?

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

If can't believe the opinion a CF--- list celeb, who can you trust?
Had to fix your over-generosity here. ;)

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Behead those who insult the Bible!!! OOPS, wrong religion.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Behead those who insult the Bible!!! OOPS, wrong religion.

If you actually read the Bible, Lucky, you would know that stoning is the proper remedy for blasphemers. God, Himself, commanded it.

"And The Lord said to Moses ... He who blasphemes the Name of The Lord shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him; the sojourner as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death." - Leviticus 24:13-16

A Muslim shouldn't be the one to have to teach this to you.

Edited by Sofiyya

"O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

Translations of the Qur'an, Surah 5:

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/quran/005.qmt.html#005.051

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

You're trolling in an attempt to offend muslim VJers - pretty sure that's against the TOS.

Let's find out ;)

No. Those that demand (and do) the beheadings are NOT Muslims. Ask Sofiyya (a Muslima). She says they are not.

Will you eat your words?

Lets find out ;)

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Why don't you fvkcing grow up..?

Wow. Spoken like an intellectual.

Isn't there a fantasy paperback waiting in a coffee-shop with your name on it?

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You think that what you wrote deserves an "intellectual" response? It doesn't.

You are attempting, once again to bait and insult parts of this membership because you are prejudiced against Islam. It's clear as day - there was no reason to throw that out there, but you did because you wanted to provoke an argument.

You're immature.

You reinforce my fantasy scenario.

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You reinforce my fantasy scenario.

When you throw out pointed statements that have nothing to do with the OP and are deliberately and obviously aimed at alienating and insulting people of a muslim persuasion, it is clearly not fantasy.

As I said, you are a liar.

When you throw out pointed statements that have nothing to do with the OP and are deliberately and obviously aimed at alienating and insulting people of a muslim persuasion, it is clearly not fantasy.

As I said, you are a liar.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

you haven't the slightest clue

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG