5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I filed for K-1 last March, the week I finally got a new job after 8 months on unemployment. I just learned i will lose job first of July and do not expect to work staedy the rest of the year. (i do construction and there just no jobs period!!!!) I am also in the natinal guard and continue to get the monthly drill pay in addition to unemployment (450 a week plus 25 kicker). The total of both equals more than 125% poverty level.

Will they consider unemployment as income? Let me say before people jump on saying find a job fast, any job....GET A CLUE!

I plan to provide 3 years tax records, banking deposits and all avaialble pay stubs. I also have assets i can list. I do see a potential problem with 2008 tax records, since i was out of country my pay was tax free there for my taxable income is very low, though i did pay social security. How do i address that tax exempt status?

Thanx

I filed for K-1 last March, the week I finally got a new job after 8 months on unemployment. I just learned i will lose job first of July and do not expect to work staedy the rest of the year. (i do construction and there just no jobs period!!!!) I am also in the natinal guard and continue to get the monthly drill pay in addition to unemployment (450 a week plus 25 kicker). The total of both equals more than 125% poverty level.

Will they consider unemployment as income? Let me say before people jump on saying find a job fast, any job....GET A CLUE!

I plan to provide 3 years tax records, banking deposits and all avaialble pay stubs. I also have assets i can list. I do see a potential problem with 2008 tax records, since i was out of country my pay was tax free there for my taxable income is very low, though i did pay social security. How do i address that tax exempt status?

Thanx

since you are in the National Guard do you qualify for the 100 percent of the poverty level since militray personel are only required to meet the 100% level.

I would definately use any help you could get from the National guard.

Timeline

I don't know if it counts being part time. The poverty level is a non issue since i Already made 100% for this year easily and will still have income coming in. I will just be earning UNemployment compensation as my primary income sourse until securing other job ( 6 to 10 momyhs minumum right now )

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I don't know if it counts being part time. The poverty level is a non issue since i Already made 100% for this year easily and will still have income coming in. I will just be earning UNemployment compensation as my primary income sourse until securing other job ( 6 to 10 momyhs minumum right now )

Tax records aren't an issue now. Neither is the 125% vs 100%. The Philippines Embassy is a difficult one for the I-134. They do not always accept a joint sponsor so you need to plan on getting the job and showing current income.

You can claim the unemployment and National Guard pay but they know the unemployment is temporary. Everything depends on the Consular Officer and how his/her mood is that day. The sure bet is to delay the interview after I-129F approval by delaying returning Packet 3. Be sure to email the Embassy to request an extension to the NOA 2 deadline of four months after the I-129F approval date. They will extend it another four months.

You need a job with current pay stubs by that time.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Unless miracle changes happen in are economy, finding suitable jobs are extremeling difficult. I'm on hiring list up and down the west coast.

Sounds like im screwed no matter what and should just give up on this bs country

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.