Hebronzy

CR1 applicant has Limited Admission into US?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I've been informed that there is limited number of cr1 visa issue at Accra consulate regardless of statue of the petitioner (US citizen or Greencard holder). I believe this explain why there are so many interview booth for non-immigrant/FI visas as compare to cr1 applicant. Could someone please confirm this for me?

My wife's case was completed at NVC on December 2, 2009. Could someone tell me how long it would take for her to be schedule for an interview at Accra consulate?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

I don't see how this can be true. An embassy cannot overide US law. If the petitioner is a USC and all criteria are met, an embassy cannot decide they have reached their quota of spouse-based visas.

Now, what may be true is that the embassy is understaffed and physically they can only have so many interviews a day. I don't know if that's the case here, but if you haven't heard anything since being approved in December, your wife should probably contact someone. It might be time to get her senator involved.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

Timeline

I don't see how this can be true. An embassy cannot overide US law. If the petitioner is a USC and all criteria are met, an embassy cannot decide they have reached their quota of spouse-based visas.

Now, what may be true is that the embassy is understaffed and physically they can only have so many interviews a day. I don't know if that's the case here, but if you haven't heard anything since being approved in December, your wife should probably contact someone. It might be time to get her senator involved.

They claim they have limited capacity but have the capacity to take interview for non-immigrant. This beat my imigination. All applicants should have fair treatment. Some resources needs to be channel to cr1 applicants also...

My wife's case was completed at NVC on December 2, 2009. Could someone tell me how long it would take for her to be schedule for an interview at Accra consulate?

Timeline

I think that equal man power should be available to process no matter what visa that is being applied for. What I don't understand is why the fiance visa seem to get quicker processing than the spousal visa. We are already married to our loved ones and have put in the time and effort of the relationship, we have made the commitments in our life. Not saying that those that aren't married haven't commited but we have our marriage license and won't need 90 days to get married when we come to the states we just want to have our families together like anyone else. So really don't understand why our process has to be more difficult that the others. Really what since does it make. None...

Timeline

I've been informed that there is limited number of cr1 visa issue at Accra consulate regardless of statue of the petitioner (US citizen or Greencard holder). I believe this explain why there are so many interview booth for non-immigrant/FI visas as compare to cr1 applicant. Could someone please confirm this for me?

I have this feeling we wont see a interview or be notified of an interview till sometime in 2011 i share in ur fusstration i too was complete in december 2009

Timeline

2011... oh lawd don't say that! From what I have been reading there is no limits on Visas involving spouse we are not counted in the lottery. I understand that the embassy is understaffed which causes the backlogs...I just want to know how they are assigning the interview appointments, and where in the process is my case?

Edited by Virtuous Woman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.