Tunaa

Medical past question

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Norway
Timeline

I am in the process of applying for a fiance visa, to marry my American fiance. I am from Norway.

We are still at "initial review" according to the USCIS site.

My question is about the medical history.

I don't have any serious illnesses, nor does really my family.

But lately I have had some pretty bad pains in my shoulder, and I need to go to a doctor, and possibly get a shot or some medicine for this. My mother has had this several times before, and got shots because of it, that have helped.

I have held it off as long as possibly, but I think I will have to go get it looked at now.

I am wondering, will they look at my medical journal during my interview / medical examination?

Do I have to bring a copy of this? Or do they gain access to it?

I am scared of this getting in the way of my visa, and therefor might not go, if that is the case.

Hoping for some response asap. :)

129f sent May 29th 2010

NOA1 date June 2nd 2010

NOA2 date June 24th 2010 (!!!)

NVC June 29th 2010

Embassy July 1st 2010

Packet 3 July 3rd 2010

Packet 3 returned and interview scheduled July 7th 2010

Medical July 12th 2010

Interview July 28th 2010 - APPROVED

Moved August 7th

Married October 23rd

-

AOS + EAD + AP sent 24th of February

EAD + AP approved April 21st, card received May 5th

AOS approved May 2nd, card received May 7th

NO INTERVIEW!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am in the process of applying for a fiance visa, to marry my American fiance. I am from Norway.

We are still at "initial review" according to the USCIS site.

My question is about the medical history.

I don't have any serious illnesses, nor does really my family.

But lately I have had some pretty bad pains in my shoulder, and I need to go to a doctor, and possibly get a shot or some medicine for this. My mother has had this several times before, and got shots because of it, that have helped.

I have held it off as long as possibly, but I think I will have to go get it looked at now.

I am wondering, will they look at my medical journal during my interview / medical examination?

Do I have to bring a copy of this? Or do they gain access to it?

I am scared of this getting in the way of my visa, and therefor might not go, if that is the case.

Hoping for some response asap. :)

I dont think you need to worry about this. Sounds like an articular problem.

They are looking for communicable diseases that would be a concern for the public.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.