RasBa

CR-1Case with NVC

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

.. we filed for I-130 on the 12 of may last year and it was approved and all papers completed at NVC in oct.2009 till date we haven not had our interview date yet does any one know why.. and please dont tell me the embassy is small cos it isnt i have there.. it has 13 booths for the non immigrants interviews.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

.. we filed for I-130 on the 12 of may last year and it was approved and all papers completed at NVC in oct.2009 till date we haven not had our interview date yet does any one know why.. and please dont tell me the embassy is small cos it isnt i have there.. it has 13 booths for the non immigrants interviews.

Unfortunately, Ghana seems to be extremely backlogged for unknown reasons. Keep in mind that it is the consular section that matters...not the embassy.

There are multiple threads on this subject. I would suggest contacting other members here that are experiencing similar problems. I believe that there is some effort afoot to fix things.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/258659-immigrant-visa-interview-in-ghana/page__p__3971040__fromsearch__1entry3971040

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/258864-embassy-in-ghana-pulling-together-people/page__p__3971164__fromsearch__1entry3971164

Timeline

Hi i am also complete at nvc since dec,2009 stilling waiting on a interview as well i have this feeling we wont be seeing our spouses 4 two yrs from now im so sad i feel ur pain.

Timeline

Several of us have been trying to coordinate a writing campaign to raise an awareness of the backlogged interview process in Ghana. We have asked people to join our campaign through our fb page. However, let me help to make it a little easier for you. At the bottom, I have pasted the suggested letter we are hoping those concerned will send. Here are the people we want suggest you send the letter to:

a. One letter is addressed to the Honorable Janice L. Jacobs, Assistant Secretary of Bureau of Consular Affairs.

b. One letter is addressed to the Honorable Johnnie Carson, Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs.

c. One letter is addressed to your local Senator

d. One letter is addressed to your local Congressmen

The address for the Jacobs and Carson is:

U.S. Department of State

Bureau of Consular Affairs (for Jacobs) African Affairs (for Carson)

2201 C Street NW

Washington, DC 20520

Use this link to find the address for your local representatives: http://www.usa.gov/C...t/Elected.shtml

Suggested Letter Format

[Your Name]

[street Address]

[City, ST ZIP Code]

Telephone Number

Email Address

Month/Day/Year

[Recipient Name]

[Title]

[Company Name]

[street Address]

[City, ST ZIP Code]

Dear [Recipient Name]:

I am writing to you today on behalf of myself and other US citizens who have petitioned the US government to allow a family member from Ghana to apply for a US visa. The work that the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the (NVC) are doing to ensure that visa petitions are credible and properly prepared is appreciated. However, this tedious and thorough process has fallen short after it is completed at the NVC for petitioners for a Ghanaian family member. Specifically, there is a severe delay in the time it takes to obtain a visa interview at the US Embassy in Ghana.

You may be familiar with a website called Visa Journey. This website has almost 70,000 members. Individuals going through the US visa process post details about their progress through the process and share their experiences through blog discussions. Using the information from individual time-lines posted on Visa Journey and the processing time-lines posted by the USCIS, visa petitioners and beneficiaries are able to “guestimate” the time it might take to complete their visa process.

Based on individual experiences, as well as through admission of representative at the US Embassy in Ghana, there is a severe backlog in obtaining a visa interview in Ghana. In the case of I-130 visa petitions, many countries are able to inform beneficiaries of an interview date within 1-2 months following the closing of their case at the NVC. In those circumstances, interviews often take place within 60 days of notification. However, beneficiaries working through the US Embassy in Ghana are waiting 6 months or longer for an interview date notification which will not take place for at least another 6 months. This means that the process to obtain a visa through the US Embassy in Ghana takes at minimum a year longer than it takes with many other US Embassies in other countries. As you can imagine, this delay causes a major strain on relationships and becomes very costly for the couples who are ready to begin their lives as duo taxpayers in the US.

It is our desire to alert you and other political officials of this issue with a hope that someone will look into and improve this situation at the US Embassy in Ghana. This request is being sent to you as a part of a concerted writing campaign begun by members of the facebook page: US Embassy in Ghana: Help Unite families not break them apart. (Optional line: I have also attached details regarding my personal status in the visa process.)

Please help us to bring our family member home. We thank you in advance for your attention to our situation.

Sincerely,

Staying strong and patient in love and faith!

http://ghanaspouse.blogspot.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.