mrsnough

IMMIGRANT VISA INTERVIEW IN GHANA

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Greetings. I would like to know how long it takes to get an appointment for Immigrant Visa interview at the US Embassy in Ghana after paper works being processed by NVC,also how am i going to be notified regarding my appointment. Anyone with similar experience kindly help.thank yall.

Timeline

You have just asked the million dollar question of the day. Based on the experiences of others on vj it is taking 6 months or longer to be notified that you have an interview date and the date of the interview is more than likely 6 months after you have been notified. I will let someone else speak to the method of notification since I am not there yet. Good luck.

Staying strong and patient in love and faith!

http://ghanaspouse.blogspot.com/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Ghana is severely backlogged so it'll be awhile, unfortunately.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline

Ghana is severely backlogged so it'll be awhile, unfortunately.

Accra consulate is out of control. My case was completed in December 2, 2009 and I've not receive anything from them. The timeline is empty for immigrant petition. I believe is taking over a year after the case is completed.

My wife's case was completed at NVC on December 2, 2009. Could someone tell me how long it would take for her to be schedule for an interview at Accra consulate?

Timeline

This is just ridiculous and so unfair. I'm sure you have written to everybody you could possibly think of. I wish I could help in the writing campaign but I haven't even received my NOA2 - so I don't think I have a voice to be heard yet. But, it is getting on my nerves because I feel there is something I must do - we must do to raise this issue. The problem is that we can't find enough of us to band together to be impactful. Also, I know people are concerned about jeopardizing their situation. There has to be a way to raise this issue so that it will be addressed. Maybe there is need for more employees at the embassy in Accra. Maybe they would appreciate a campaign that might result in getting some support that is needed at the embassy.

I have reviewed your time-line and I am feeling very bad for you and everyone else who is trying to remain strong through this process with the embassy in Ghana. So much money being spent, so many tears being shed. Americans are people of action - we make things happen! There must be an answer.

Staying strong and patient in love and faith!

http://ghanaspouse.blogspot.com/

Timeline

Accra consulate is out of control. My case was completed in December 2, 2009 and I've not receive anything from them. The timeline is empty for immigrant petition. I believe is taking over a year after the case is completed.

WE SHOULD BE GETTING THE SAME MONTHS SINCE OUR CASE COMPLETED ON THE SAME MONTH.. I PRAY

Timeline

There is a letter circulating that you can cut & paste to express your irritation at the situation, by hitting Portals for Ghana and read back a week or so, there is a letter that one of us drafted and you can send it off. From what I understand from my inquiries last week with NVC & US Embassy at Accra, is that we are looking at a year or more from the NVC Complete date. Yes, Accra is "extremely backlogged" (per NVC operator) and we need to be prepared for a "long wait". There is nothing more to do...

I am going at the end of June and my husband wants us to go to the Embassy to inquire of the backlog, but I am not wanting to waste any of my precious time while there to fight something that is unwilling to budge. The congressman's office had advised me to just keep going back to visit while we are waiting. "There is noone you can write to or push that can make it go any faster." This is all through the DOS.

So yes, while we are all in the same boat & growing weary from the waiting, at least we have each other & we are able to communicate with our spouses. I do suggest keepiung our congress and DOS informed of our irritation that the wait is excessive, but at lest, pray to God, they still have Visa's to provide Ghana with. They can't deny us forever.....

The Attipoe's Richard & Dina

11/15/2008 - Met online

06/05/2009 - Married in Accra

06/06/2009 - Left Ghana :-(

07/01/2009 - Sent I-130 & G325A

07/06/2009 - Received I-130 & G325A

07/08/2009 - NOA1

07/09/2009 - Cashed $355. check

07/13/2009 - Received NOA1 hard copy in mail

09/14/2009 - Received NOA2 hard copy in mail

09/21/2009 - Received NVC Case Number via phone

09/26/2009 - Received I-864 Bill

09/26/2009 - I-864 Fee Paid Online

09/28/2009 - Sent DS-3032 via Email to NVC

09/30/2009 - NVC Payment Received - Received Cover Letter for I-864

09/30/2009 - Sent I-864EZ to NVC Via Priority Mail

10/05/2009 - USPS Delivery Confirmation of I-864

10/16/2009 - Received Email; DS-3032 AOS to receive IV Bill with instructions

10/20/2009 - Received IV Fee Bill

10/20/2009 - Email from NVC Received I-864. DS-230 & Fee request

10/20/2009 - Email from NVC Received Instructions-Pay IV Fee then send DS-230

10/21/2009 - IV Fee Bill

10/23/2009 - IV Fee Paid

11/12/2009 - Sent DS-230 Package to NVC via Express Mail

11/16/2009 - Delivered, November 16, 2009, 11:55 am, PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801

12/02/2009 - RFE

12/10/2009 - Sent Evidence requested to NVC via USPS Express mail

12/11/2009 - NVC Received RFE

12/23/2009 - Case Completed at NVC now the wait for an interview.

09/xx/2010 - Case expedition request. Serious illness.

11/05/2010 - Expedition Request granted.

11/23/2010 - Interview

12/29/2010 - Visa GRANTED! Return on 1/7/2011 to pickup

01/07/2011 - Visa Picked up.

01/12/2011 - on plane in route to USA!

01/13/2011 - Arrived in USA.

Timeline

Greetings. I would like to know how long it takes to get an appointment for Immigrant Visa interview at the US Embassy in Ghana after paper works being processed by NVC,also how am i going to be notified regarding my appointment. Anyone with similar experience kindly help.thank yall.

we are all in the same boat u will be notified by mail

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I am going at the end of June and my husband wants us to go to the Embassy to inquire of the backlog, but I am not wanting to waste any of my precious time while there to fight something that is unwilling to budge. The congressman's office had advised me to just keep going back to visit while we are waiting. "There is noone you can write to or push that can make it go any faster." This is all through the DOS.

Yeah I would not recommend going...if Ghana is like all of the US embassies I have been to you would have a difficult time even getting in the building even with an appointment, and you would be unlikely to actually get much help. Have you tried emailing the consulate? The consulates that I have dealt with are pretty good about responding to email (within two days usually) and you might get some estimate on how much longer it is going to be.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.