ghanagal

USCIS rebuttal for Ghana CR1 denial

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Ok So I just fed exed my rebuttal for my husbands visa denial in Ghana back in December, I am on pins and needles. I am so nervous,I just wanted to share tho. I am hoping for a quick response from Vermont. I must say my lawyer Marc Ellis did an execllent job in helping me put the rebuttal evidence package together. I barely slept last night, it is like my Visa Journey is a part time no full time job. I am nervous!!! I pray my case gets reafirmed and sent back to Ghana. I know the wait there sucks, but I have hope this time for once. Also please don't forget to join our facebook page in hopes to get the attention of the BS we all have had to go through with the US Embassy in Ghana. Please pray for me and my husband, it has been a long journey.

Timeline

Well Midge I have to get a shot to go back to the embassy! :( Thanks girl

It is reaffirm or deny. Not so simple as your first interview.

Edited by ghanagal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok So I just fed exed my rebuttal for my husbands visa denial in Ghana back in December, I am on pins and needles. I am so nervous,I just wanted to share tho. I am hoping for a quick response from Vermont. I must say my lawyer Marc Ellis did an execllent job in helping me put the rebuttal evidence package together. I barely slept last night, it is like my Visa Journey is a part time no full time job. I am nervous!!! I pray my case gets reafirmed and sent back to Ghana. I know the wait there sucks, but I have hope this time for once. Also please don't forget to join our facebook page in hopes to get the attention of the BS we all have had to go through with the US Embassy in Ghana. Please pray for me and my husband, it has been a long journey.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the reason they gave for denying you? My husband's K1 Visa was denied back in March and we also used Marc Ellis to try and overturn the denial at the consulate, but it didn't work. We ended up getting married and filing and I-130 petition for a CR-1 visa. I just thought that IR-1/CR-1 visas are rarely denied.

CR-1 VISA

2010-06-01: Get Married!!!

2010-06-15: Mail out I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative

2010-06-22: I-130 NOA1
2010-09-30: I-130 NOA2
2011-01-26: Interview - APPROVED! (7 months, 4 days)
2011-02-02: Visa issued and in hand!
2011-02-25: POE - JFK (New York City)
2011-03-14: Received Conditional Green Card
2011-04-01: Received SS Card
2012-03-25: Our son is born!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012-11-27: Mail out I-751 - Removal of conditions
2012-12-03: I-751 NOA1
2013-01-17: Biometrics

2013-05-13: I-751 Approved

2013-05-17: Received 10 year Green Card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013-11-27: Naturalization Eligibility (3 years based on marriage)

2013-11-29: Mail out N-400 - Application for Naturalization

2013-12-03: N-400 NOA1

2013-12-06: Check Cashed

2013-12-31: Biometrics

2014-01-27: Place In-Line for Interview

2014-03-28: Interview Scheduled

2014-04-04: Interview Letter Received

2014-05-06: Interview

2014-05-12: N-400 Approved and Oath Date Scheduled

2014-05-22: Oath Ceremony - Become a naturalized citizen!!!

OUR VISA JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

• 5 months later...
Timeline

Yes I am curious also for the reason they gave for denial... My now husbands (at the time was fiance) visa was denied in March and I want to make sure I do not make any mistakes on his visa as my husband! We all need all the help we can get. Our denial reason was not enough proof of ongoing relationship (guess I underestimated what they would need) I then later found this website and now know a little more so I am hoping things go better this time around!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.