BB & MJ

Appointment Confirmation Reciept - PLEASE HELP

15 posts in this topic

This is a stupid question (but just want to make sure), what is the Appointment Confirmation Receipt that has to be shown to the bank teller before paying the application fee? Am I missing something or just misinterpreting it, how does one get a receipt if ALL interview appointments are scheduled over the phone? Please clarify for my slow brain. Thank you!

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Appointment Confirmation will be sent to you just minutes after you have set the date of your interview schedule. It is a letter confirming the date of your interview schedule. It's not a receipt...

Add/edit: When I went to BDO to pay, I only gave/shown my filled out DS 157 form...

Edited by sunsetwishes

Timeline

January 15, 2010 ---- Sent I-129F to USCIS

January 19, 2010 ---- I-129F received by USCIS

January 20, 2010 ---- Check cashed

January 20, 2010 ---- NOA1

January 26, 2010 ---- Received NOA1 hard copy

February 26, 2010 ---- NOA2

March 1, 2010 ---- Received email from USCIS about the NOA2

March 6, 2010 ---- Received NOA2 hard copy

March 11, 2010 ---- Received NVC letter (hard copy) dated March 6, 2010 in the mail

April 6, 2010 ---- Received USEM letter (hard copy) dated March 18, 2010 in the mail

April 12 & 13, 2010 --- Medical (passed physical exams and given immunizations too)

April 13, 2010 (AM) --- Attended CFO (given the certificate. Will get the Sticker when visa on hand)

April 14, 2010 --- Psyche Evaluation (I was told to call 2-3 days after for the results)

April 19, 2010 --- Called St. Luke's for the results (I passed the evaluation. No more tests)

April 22, 2010 --- Went back to Manila to get my medical results from SLEC (took almost 6 hours just waiting for the release!)

April 26, 2010 (7:00 A.M.)---- Interview Schedule (I got not pink nor blue slip, but a Reverification Form for NSO to send directly to USEM my CENOMAR and Annotated Marriage Certificate, although I have submitted and given these to the Consul during the interview, so why? I don't know! And told me that as soon as NSO forwarded the requested documents, visa will be delivered. Oh well...)

April 27, 2010 ---- Went home

April 28, 2010 ---- Ordered online the documents USEM requested

The Appointment Confirmation will be sent to you just minutes after you have set the date of your interview schedule. It is a letter confirming the date of your interview schedule. It's not a receipt...

Add/edit: When I went to BDO to pay, I only gave/shown my filled out DS 157 form...

Thank you for the response Sunset. Is this a mail letter or an email confirmation?

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

The appointment confirmation receipt is an email from the USEM which is sent to the beneficiary a few minutes after they make their interview appointment. You don't actually need it when you pay for the visa fee at BDO. I know this for sure because my wife never received the email from USEM.

I think she took her DS-156, DS-156K, the NOA2, and her MNL case number to the bank when she paid her visa fee. Then, the bank issued her a DS-157.

The appointment confirmation receipt is an email from the USEM which is sent to the beneficiary a few minutes after they make their interview appointment. You don't actually need it when you pay for the visa fee at BDO. I know this for sure because my wife never received the email from USEM.

I think she took her DS-156, DS-156K, the NOA2, and her MNL case number to the bank when she paid her visa fee. Then, the bank issued her a DS-157.

Thank you also for the clarification. Here's another stupid question, how does USEM know the email address of my fiancee when I never provided it on the I-129F or any other form/application.....

Thank you also for the clarification. Here's another stupid question, how does USEM know the email address of my fiancee when I never provided it on the I-129F or any other form/application.....

If I remember correctly, they asked for it when I made the interview appointment.

If I remember correctly, they asked for it when I made the interview appointment.

Thank you again. The both of you have been very helpful. Really appreciate the responses.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First, regrading your email, you can enter that by going here to the USCIS site https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp, then sign up for case updates, the link on the left, enter your case number and setup an account and they will then email you automatically. You can also print out the email when they notify you see med exam, http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3218.html.

For all the questions and yours regarding your interview and setting it up, there are numbers to call form the US and Manila to do that and each call, of course cost money, see US Embassy manila http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html Also, it the email to them is NVCInquiry@state.gov for questions once you have an appoint case number with the embassy, just make sure you are real nice in all questions.

SD

Timeline

In my case, the Appointment Confirmation was sent to my fiance then he forwarded it to me and I printed it out. But again, this is not needed to pay at BDO...

Let me add...In this Appointment Confirmation, you will be given a certain date when you could re-schedule your interview in case some circumstances would caused rescheduling. A day or two before your interview schedule, you will receive again another Appointment Confirmation (maybe just a reminder). This, you should forward to your fiancee and have her print it out to bring with her to USEM on her interview date. This will be asked from her by the guard.

I am talking here from my own experience last April 26, 2010...

Timeline

March 11, 2010 ---- Received NVC letter (hard copy) dated March 6, 2010 in the mail

April 6, 2010 ---- Received USEM letter (hard copy) dated March 18, 2010 in the mail

April 12 & 13, 2010 --- Medical (passed physical exams and given immunizations too)

April 13, 2010 (AM) --- Attended CFO (given the certificate. Will get the Sticker when visa on hand)

April 14, 2010 --- Psyche Evaluation (I was told to call 2-3 days after for the results)

April 19, 2010 --- Called St. Luke's for the results (I passed the evaluation. No more tests)

April 22, 2010 --- Went back to Manila to get my medical results from SLEC (took almost 6 hours just waiting for the release!)

April 26, 2010 (7:00 A.M.)---- Interview Schedule (I got not pink nor blue slip, but a Reverification Form for NSO to send directly to USEM my CENOMAR and Annotated Marriage Certificate, although I have submitted and given these to the Consul during the interview, so why? I don't know! And told me that as soon as NSO forwarded the requested documents, visa will be delivered. Oh well...)

When I went to BDO to pay, I only gave/shown my filled out DS 157 form...

sunset wishes...

> Did BDO ask to see your DS-156 or DS-156K?

> I thought the DS-157 was the receipt which BDO gives you after you pay the visa fee. I must be wrong about this. After you paid BDO, did they stamp your DS-157 or did they attach a receipt to it?

In my case, the Appointment Confirmation was sent to my fiance then he forwarded it to me and I printed it out. But again, this is not needed to pay at BDO...

Let me add...In this Appointment Confirmation, you will be given a certain date when you could re-schedule your interview in case some circumstances would caused rescheduling. A day or two before your interview schedule, you will receive again another Appointment Confirmation (maybe just a reminder). This, you should forward to your fiancee and have her print it out to bring with her to USEM on her interview date. This will be asked from her by the guard.

I am talking here from my own experience last April 26, 2010...

:thumbs::thumbs::) Since i never recieved any letter from the USEM before my interview, that's the letter i gave to the guard when he asked me about my appointment letter, too.

Edited by sweet angel

K1 Visa
Sept.2009 Sent Petition
Oct.2009 Petition Approved
Nov.2009 Visa Recieved
-------------------------
AOS
Feb. 2010 Sent AOS
Mar. 2010 Biometrics
May 2010 Interview
Jun 2010 GC Recieved
-------------------------
Removing of Condition:
Mar.19,2012---------ROC sent
Mar.20,2012---------VSC received signed by D. Renaud
Mar.23,2012---------Check encashed
Mar.24,2012---------NOA1
Apr.19,2012----------Biometrics (Early Bio 4/11/2012)
May 2012 ------------Biometrics redo

Nov.30,2012---------RFE (fingerprint can't read needs to submit police clearance)

May 2013-------------Received Permanent Residence Card

00bor6fe477d3.png

Timeline

sunset wishes...

> Did BDO ask to see your DS-156 or DS-156K?

No, only my DS 157...

> I thought the DS-157 was the receipt which BDO gives you after you pay the visa fee. I must be wrong about this. After you paid BDO, did they stamp your DS-157 or did they attach a receipt to it?

DS 157 is not a receipt. BDO gives their own receipt which will be stapled/attached to DS 157. When I asked about stamping it (as I've read from some threads here), I was told they don't stamp the DS form 157 anymore. The attached receipt is already enough.

Timeline

Timeline

sunsetwishes...thanks for the information! :star:

You're welcome... :)

Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.