Impatient in bj

DCF in Beijing - What next?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey All,

I submitted a I-130 in Beijing on April 25th. I have not heard back from them and I'm not sure if there is a way to track my application. I've read a few posts here but it doesn't appear there is much I can do since there is no tracking mechanism for DCF. I know it's only been 2 weeks but I've seen where others have been approved after just 7 days. Any thoughts?

Timeline

Did you walk in, hand it over, or mail it in via EMS? If EMS, you should have a tracking #, so at least can track when it was received in BeiJing.

You will get some mail back with the I-130 approval notice, and MAYBE get some instructions on what to do next, usually within 45 days.

When you get the approval notice, you'll need to prep Packet 3 and Packet 4, send Packet 3 into Guangzhou IV Unit, and take Packet 4 with you on Interview Day.

Guangzhou IV forms and documents for download are here --> http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/forms_and_packets.htm

in the IV Instruction Packet (“Packet 3”) and IV Appointment Packet (“Packet 4”) sections.

FWIW, there IS a USCIS contact # for BeiJing - did you 'get that number' when you filed the I-130 ? They know a bit about the status of yer application, and you can only call during a certain time of day.

Also suggest you check in with another VJ member here - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/85503-marando/ as they are filing the DCF'd I-130 as well, almost the same time frame as you.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Wow, how incredibly helpful!!!!

I walked into the Beijing Consulate and delivered the application in person....and no, they did not provide me with a number. All I have is the main line number from the website and an email addy for DHS.

I didn't know it would take up to 45 days though. Really do appreciate the information and links for the docs. That will give me a head start, which I really need to get the waiting time to as minimal as possible. You are a godsend! Also thanks for the heads up on the other applicant. I will get in touch to see if they are experiencing anything similar.

Cheers!

Timeline

IMO, use that email addy for DHS - it should go to the DHS office in BeiJing - someone will read yer email inquiry for status.

But - I'm hoping they gave you something from their website - maybe even a link - to

http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/homeland_security.html

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

IMO, use that email addy for DHS - it should go to the DHS office in BeiJing - someone will read yer email inquiry for status.

But - I'm hoping they gave you something from their website - maybe even a link - to

http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/homeland_security.html

Good Luck !

July 9, 2010 and still no word. I actually got my filing date wrong. I filed on May 25th (NOT April 25). I had sent an email to DHS on June 16th and inquired about my application. The reply I received was short and to the point:

Your I-130 application is being reviewed by this office. We will notify

you when there is a decision.

I have had no other word since. Is this normal?

Timeline

Yup. Normal !

OK - 25 May, 2010 for filing date. Should get some 'activity' on or around the 25th of July (2 months later).

Timeline

I also make excellent venison jiaoxi ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I also make excellent venison jiaoxi ;)

Hey,

I got a few questions on the process I'm hoping you can take a few quick minutes to answer (I really appreciate the assistance!!):

1) Just received NOA2, but does this mean I will get an official packet 3 from Guangzhou? Or shall I send in the information directly without expecting an official packet 3?

2) How do I go about and get a case number assigned? Is there a way for me to follow up and get one or does this part require that I wait for one to be assigned?

3) The NVC has electronic filing available but if I'm working directly with Guangzhou, will that slow things down? I'm a bit confused on this part since I'm not sure if this mean I will be filing electronically with guangzhou directly or if this means I'm filing with the NVC in the states and they then have to forward to Guangzhou. Also, since I don't have a case number yet, I'm not sure if I can go ahead anyways without it.

Thanks for the help!

JPK

Timeline

Hey,

I got a few questions on the process I'm hoping you can take a few quick minutes to answer (I really appreciate the assistance!!):

1) Just received NOA2, but does this mean I will get an official packet 3 from Guangzhou? Or shall I send in the information directly without expecting an official packet 3?

2) How do I go about and get a case number assigned? Is there a way for me to follow up and get one or does this part require that I wait for one to be assigned?

3) The NVC has electronic filing available but if I'm working directly with Guangzhou, will that slow things down? I'm a bit confused on this part since I'm not sure if this mean I will be filing electronically with guangzhou directly or if this means I'm filing with the NVC in the states and they then have to forward to Guangzhou. Also, since I don't have a case number yet, I'm not sure if I can go ahead anyways without it.

Thanks for the help!

JPK

Hey Buddy !!! Cool Beans on the I-130 approval !! Yay !!!

1. Maybe, maybe not. packets and forms up at http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/forms_and_packets.htm - you want to review IV Instruction Packet (“Packet 3”) because it is specific to DCF'd I-130's and IV Appointment Packet (“Packet 4”) as that's specific to all CR-1/IR-1 visa applications (regardless of where the petition was filed).

2. You should have gotten something back in that letter, with a case #. check it again. If no case #, call the DHS office in BeiJing, get a Human, inquire for 'what's next' - though - usually - if send back Packet 3 with copy of I-130 approval notice - yer golden.

3. Not applicable to DCF'd I-130's in China.

Really, I thought, once the approved I-130 is in hand, then can send out the DS-230 and I-864 to Guangzhou, with the OF-169. Since you don't have any case # - you might want to 'inquire' what's next, at http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Hey Buddy !!! Cool Beans on the I-130 approval !! Yay !!!

1. Maybe, maybe not. packets and forms up at http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/forms_and_packets.htm - you want to review IV Instruction Packet (“Packet 3”) because it is specific to DCF'd I-130's and IV Appointment Packet (“Packet 4”) as that's specific to all CR-1/IR-1 visa applications (regardless of where the petition was filed).

2. You should have gotten something back in that letter, with a case #. check it again. If no case #, call the DHS office in BeiJing, get a Human, inquire for 'what's next' - though - usually - if send back Packet 3 with copy of I-130 approval notice - yer golden.

3. Not applicable to DCF'd I-130's in China.

Really, I thought, once the approved I-130 is in hand, then can send out the DS-230 and I-864 to Guangzhou, with the OF-169. Since you don't have any case # - you might want to 'inquire' what's next, at http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

Thanks. I owe you HUGE my friend. HUGE!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hey - What News?

Timeline

Hey - What News?

Hey Darnell,

Got great news and not so great news. I called DOS a few times and got confirmation that they mailed out the P4 and we have an interview date! Hooray!!! Lisa is scheduled for October 14 at 7:15 am!!! The bad news is they mailed out the P4 on or about September 7th. We enclosed an EMS label as instructed and like the bonehead that I am....forgot to write down the tracking number. We have not received the P4 yet and we are worried. It usually takes about 48 hours for delivery from Guangzhou to Beijing. I've sent about 3 emails via the website and have not heard. I don't know what else to do. Any ideas? I mean we have the forms downloaded already but I'm worried that there information in the P4 that specific to our case. I'm also unsure about the fees. Can we pay when we get there or do we have to pay ahead of time? What are the fees?

Ughh.....so close!!!!!!

Timeline

ya need the case # to go forth with the medical exam

and

ya need the interview letter to get in the door at the Consulate.

I'd say give it 10 to 12 full days before ya have any freak-out about the GUZ Packet 4, though.

is possible to get the medical done WITHOUT the interview letter, but you MUST have the case #.

for 'other bits' - IMO, is time to learn more about China Post Service - specifically -

--where is the local post office that services yer address ? go in, have a conversation with the big boss, bring a plate of steamed jiaoxi or a bottle of chinese wine as a gift - get his/her attention.

--who is on the delivery routes to drop off things at your address? give them several box lunches , on several days, soonish.

Final thought -

IF you filled out the address in pinyin and NOT chinese characters, add in additional week of head-scratching-time (by the postal employees).

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.