• RFE
  2. 2. Did not use Attorney to file K1

• Self file K1
    • how many day's to NOA 2
    • RFE

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I see date ranges from less than 60 days to more than 100 days for some. CSC seems to be more consistant with time lines than VSC. I was wondering if there was a connection to use or not to use Attorney to file K1 petition as to length of time. I can not figure out why there are such large gaps in some NOA 2 approvals. I know this is only the beginning of the VJ and I chose to use Attorney and the package that was assembled for our journey was complete and in order. But that was before I even knew this site existed :bonk: . IMHO Knowing what I know now and if I had it to do all over again, I think I would have kept my money in my pocket. :thumbs: I have heard horror stories and positive stories on both ways to go about this process. I would like to see some numbers, maybe it will help future VJ's make an informed choice.

Please share your opinion,

Thanks

Met online Sep 26 2009

Traveled to Ukraine Jan 22 2010

Spent 33 wonderful days together

Returned to US Feb 25 2010

K1 filed March 2010

Sent to VSC 2010-03-06

Received 03-08

Check cashed 03-10

NOA 1 dated 03-11

updated 03-16

Spending a week in Odessa and Kherson together 5-19-10 :)))))

NO RFE's

NOA 2 6-24-10

NVC recieve 6-28-10

NOA 2 Hard copy receive 6-29-10

NVC forward to Kiev 6-29-10 That was easy :)

Embassy receive 7-2-2010

Leave US 8-10 to attend interview

Interview 8-12-2010 :)))))))

VISA APPROVED 8-12-2010

POE Houston Tx. 8-20-2010

MARRIED Sep 25 2010 :))))))

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I see date ranges from less than 60 days to more than 100 days for some. CSC seems to be more consistant with time lines than VSC. I was wondering if there was a connection to use or not to use Attorney to file K1 petition as to length of time. I can not figure out why there are such large gaps in some NOA 2 approvals. I know this is only the beginning of the VJ and I chose to use Attorney and the package that was assembled for our journey was complete and in order. But that was before I even knew this site existed :bonk: . IMHO Knowing what I know now and if I had it to do all over again, I think I would have kept my money in my pocket. :thumbs: I have heard horror stories and positive stories on both ways to go about this process. I would like to see some numbers, maybe it will help future VJ's make an informed choice.

Thanks

Attorneys have absolutely no affect on time of processing. None. Ever. If they EVEN indicate they MIGHT, they are lying and you should RUN from them. Some attorneys use the USCIS timelines as a "yardstick" they list the OLDEST case in the system. Then they show you some of their actual cases and guess what???? They are faster!!!! That is because unless you are the slowest case, ALL cases will be faster. If the attorney does this...run. He is misleading. You do not need a misleading attorney.

Attorneys CAN delay the filing time, and WILL delay the filing time. It is Friday nght, YOU can stay up all night and prepare your I-129f and take it to the post office when they open, then go to bed. Give all the same stuff to your attorney (and you will have to, he doesn't have it) and it can be several days before he mails it and he won't work on Friday night.

Look at the forms and ask yourself, "What about this can I NOT do?" Your local "Best Buy" store's job application is more complex than a visa petition. Download the forms HERE at this site...FREE. Read them, get a pencil and start to fill them out. When you get to something you can;t figure out, go to the VJ K-1 forum and put a keyword in the search engine for that forum. Bingo. Instant answer day or night! 24/7 (ALL the questions have been asked, YOU have nothing new, believe me)

Very few people have problems with the petition, that is the SO EASY part. The consulate interview is where you must be prepared, but your attorney will do nothing about that, he won't even get her documents translated. For that you can get answers in the R.U.B. forum from all the guys that have been through Kiev already. Your attorney will know nothing. He will have cashed your check and be dodging your phone calls at that point.

If you are going to pay someone to do this, then seek out an experience visa counselor that will work with you and your fiancee to prepare her for the interview, etc.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Thanks

Well, you asked or an opinion and you got one! :lol:

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

PS - If you are going to have someone else prepare your petition, use someone with a license in that field.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

Great advise Gary I will agree with you on all points knowing what I know now thanks to VJ. I need to find better ways to spend ma time while waiting for her to wake up and come to skype :whistle: soon her and I will be spending our Friday nights together :dance: and I will hopefully have other things to wrap my mind around. I just find it completely absurd that thousands of people make their way into this country by going around the system and they can be here in a few days, find jobs and live happily ever after. It seems so tempting to go that route. No long lines, no fees and you get to be by the one you love so much faster.

Met online Sep 26 2009

K1 filed March 2010

Sent to VSC 2010-03-06

Received 03-08

Check cashed 03-10

NOA 1 dated 03-11

updated 03-16

NO RFE's

NOA 2 6-24-10

NVC recieve 6-28-10

Embassy receive 7-2-2010

VISA APPROVED 8-12-2010

Timeline

Great advise Gary I will agree with you on all points knowing what I know now thanks to VJ. I need to find better ways to spend ma time while waiting for her to wake up and come to skype :whistle: soon her and I will be spending our Friday nights together :dance: and I will hopefully have other things to wrap my mind around. I just find it completely absurd that thousands of people make their way into this country by going around the system and they can be here in a few days, find jobs and live happily ever after. It seems so tempting to go that route. No long lines, no fees and you get to be by the one you love so much faster.

Ever thought about getting rich by robbing banks?

This process is not so long, the reason some consulates are "high fraud" is because many people use the K visa route to avoid long wait times for immigration.

You are getting married and spending the rest of your life with this woman. The immigration process will be 4 years at least to finish. Visa, AOS , LOC and citizenship. The visa is the easy part.

Why would anyone even consider breaking the law and having that hanging over your head for the rest of your marriage? Do it right, the time goes by quickly. Seems like yesterday Alla arrived and now I am preparing the LOC papers.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Well, you asked or an opinion and you got one! :lol:

Yes, he did, but not from you. :lol: From you he got the usual one-liner follow-Gary-around-the-website-and-make-silly-inane-comments. Good job.

Oh, and who, exactly is "licensed" to fill in visa petition forms? Do tell.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

You love this woman, right? You want to do right by her, yes? Then follow the law, follow the procedures, get her here legally, get her a green card then later get her citizenship, if she wants it. Make SURE she gets all the benefits of being a US resident and later citizen.

This waiting is a drop in the bucket, nothing to it. The fees? C'mon, a flat screen TV costs more and what does that give you? The immigration fees into the US are the greatest bargain on earth. Believe me, there is nothing better you can buy for anyone in the world for that price.

Gary And Alla

i did my 1st two myself, but if its your 3rd id say pay the 2k and get an attorney. lolly has been pretty good so far.

Thanks for the drive-by! Care to tell us about all three? That might make interesting reading.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

The thought of skirting the system never really came to mind when I submitted K1. I could not take the stress or the worry of looking over our shoulders waiting for ICE to come a knocking one day. To loose this person in such a way would kill me.

The fact that the people on VJ are only a very small portion of what the USCIS sees in the way of visas is what I keep telling myself. USCIS is supposed to be hear to serv us the USC, we the tax payer support their families and lives. But more and more it is government that is out of control and ignoring the voice of the people.

You are right it is a drop in the bucket of time but it just seems so bass akwards to me. But I would not take the chance of doing it any other way.

Met online Sep 26 2009

K1 filed March 2010

Sent to VSC 2010-03-06

Received 03-08

Check cashed 03-10

NOA 1 dated 03-11

updated 03-16

NO RFE's

NOA 2 6-24-10

NVC recieve 6-28-10

Embassy receive 7-2-2010

VISA APPROVED 8-12-2010

Timeline

i did my 1st two myself, but if its your 3rd id say pay the 2k and get an attorney. lolly has been pretty good so far.

Your first two K-1 marriages were failures but the thrid one is "good so far" because you paid an attorney $2000 to fill in forms? Please explain, very interesting.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.