csoul

No Benefit of Form G-1145 (E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance)

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello Guys,

I sent my N-400 Application with the form G-1145 (E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance) but after that I started to notice that most of the guys that sent this form are even receiving the NOA1 before the G-1145 text/email notification! (At least in Phoenix, AZ lockbox). So what is the point of this form? If you get the NOA1 then I don't care about any email/text notification!

I thought that was used to received text/email immediately when they receive the package (they just need to scan a barcode and put the email / phone in the system) but no... is not working that way and the reason... Maybe is because is free and they don't really care about scanning the form and put the info quickly in the system as they receive the packages.

In my case I sent my N-400 overnight on 05/24 and they received on 05/25 but I am still waiting for any confirmation by text/email... I am sure that I will get some news with the check cashed and/or NOA1 first than using the G-1145.

Form G-1145 is a good idea but if works as the original idea...

05/25/10 - N-400 package delivered in Phoenix, AZ

06/04/10 - Check cashed

06/10/10 - NOA received

06/16/10 - Case available online

06/17/10 - Case online showing RFE (Biometrics notice) sent on 06/16/10

06/21/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

07/08/10 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/10 - Walk in Biometrics

08/06/10 - Email / Text for for new case status: "Test and Interview"

08/09/10 - Interview Appointment letter received for 09/13/10

09/13/10 - Interview Approved!

09/13/10 - Same Day Ceremony! I am a US Citizen!

I imagine that USCIS views receiving the application as a different thing than accepting it. I believe they do an initial review to make sure you are eligible for what you applied for and then wait for the check to be cashed before it is considered accepted. In my case I got emails the day the check was cashed which was 13 days after USCIS physically received the application.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.