tamaraincanada

interview results pending "FURTHER REVIEW"?!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My Husband & I went in for our Interview this morning. We felt like the interview went great. She chatted with us for 5-10 minutes-- asking about how we met, what our wedding was like, asked to see photos and proof of cohabitation. We came very well prepared and organized, had all this information (and TONS more) ready for examination. We had all the information that she requested, and I didn't feel like we 'flubbed' any answers. We really felt like it went well!

At the end of the interview, she excused herself for a few minutes... and came back with a form saying that our case needs 'Further review', and that we will be notified via mail with the results in a few weeks... and we were dismissed.

After leaving, immediately called our Immigration Lawyer (who was unable to attend the interview due to being in a different state) and she explained that this often happens when the Interviewer/Officer is a 'junior' and doesn't have the authority to approve or deny cases. Instead, they simply conduct the interview and then pass their findings onto their supervisor who makes the final decision. I have no doubts that our Attorney knows what she's talking about... But I can't help but worry!

So, I was just wondering-- do any of you have any experience with this 'Further Review' business after a GreenCard Interview?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

My Husband & I went in for our Interview this morning. We felt like the interview went great. She chatted with us for 5-10 minutes-- asking about how we met, what our wedding was like, asked to see photos and proof of cohabitation. We came very well prepared and organized, had all this information (and TONS more) ready for examination. We had all the information that she requested, and I didn't feel like we 'flubbed' any answers. We really felt like it went well!

At the end of the interview, she excused herself for a few minutes... and came back with a form saying that our case needs 'Further review', and that we will be notified via mail with the results in a few weeks... and we were dismissed.

After leaving, immediately called our Immigration Lawyer (who was unable to attend the interview due to being in a different state) and she explained that this often happens when the Interviewer/Officer is a 'junior' and doesn't have the authority to approve or deny cases. Instead, they simply conduct the interview and then pass their findings onto their supervisor who makes the final decision. I have no doubts that our Attorney knows what she's talking about... But I can't help but worry!

So, I was just wondering-- do any of you have any experience with this 'Further Review' business after a GreenCard Interview?

I don't have that experience, but could it be possible to be happened because your background check hasn't been cleared??

Did you ask what they were reviewing?

It could be background clearance.

And, FWIW, all cases have to be signed off by the supervising officer of that office.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

yes its true,the IO might be a new officer and need a supervisor to approve the case,but all i can tell you is to hold on.many people get their card production email same day and some days or weeks after,as for me, am in the same shoes with u and its been over 2month now,am still waiting,no mail nothing.

Filed: Timeline

Same here, we had our interview on May 24. At the end of the interview we were told by the IO that she needed to further review our case and within 90 days we should receive in the mail their answer. If we hear nothing from them in 90 days we should call them to follow up, but it would probably take less than 90 days.

What's a bit strange about our interview is that the IO didn't ask to see any of the original documents like birth certificates, marriage certificate, tax return, divorce decree, wedding photos, nothing. The only things she asked to see and took were some evidences of us living together, like joint bank account, credit card, car insurance, air tickets showing we traveled together, etc. The interview only took 10 minuets at most, only a few questions, so most of the doucments and answers to questions we prepared were of no use at all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Same here, we had our interview on May 24. At the end of the interview we were told by the IO that she needed to further review our case and within 90 days we should receive in the mail their answer. If we hear nothing from them in 90 days we should call them to follow up, but it would probably take less than 90 days.

What's a bit strange about our interview is that the IO didn't ask to see any of the original documents like birth certificates, marriage certificate, tax return, divorce decree, wedding photos, nothing. The only things she asked to see and took were some evidences of us living together, like joint bank account, credit card, car insurance, air tickets showing we traveled together, etc. The interview only took 10 minuets at most, only a few questions, so most of the doucments and answers to questions we prepared were of no use at all.

That is EXACTLY what happened with us.

She also didn't ask to see 90% of our documents-- she didn't bother to look at birth certificates, proof of income, medical stuff... nothing! She only asked to see photos, and the proof of us living together.

I guess, If she doubted our union, she would have asked to see everything & then made a request for even more proof (i hope?). Maybe it's a good thing that she seemed happy with the little information that she did see, and the few questions she did ask... All we have to do is sit tight, I suppose.

Edited by tamaraincanada

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

That is EXACTLY what happened with us.

She also didn't ask to see 90% of our documents-- she didn't bother to look at birth certificates, proof of income, medical stuff... nothing! She only asked to see photos, and the proof of us living together.

I guess, If she doubted our union, she would have asked to see everything & then made a request for even more proof (i hope?). Maybe it's a good thing that she seemed happy with the little information that she did see, and the few questions she did ask... All we have to do is sit tight, I suppose.

Tamaraincanada- I would suggest you to not panic, if they wanted to deny you they would've told you already, there is no other way around it. Wait a couple of weeks and if by any chance you don't hear anything back schedule an infopass appointment with your local USCIS office. I know waiting is hard but I am sure you will get good news soon. Good luck and keep us posted!

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.