ttp

HELP!!!!! VN - Medical Exam appointment

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sorry if I posted this in another sub-forum.

My wife has an interview on July 2, 2010 in HCMC. She called the IOM for an appointment for her medical exam, but was flat out denied an appointment; they said they were all booked up. She tried calling Cho Ray Hospital on many occasions and could not contact anybody. I'll tell her to keep trying.

What can we do? Do we need to reschedule the interview date if we cannot get a medical exam?

Thanks all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If she is close to Cho Ray.. have her go there first thing in the AM with the money and required docs... a little extra $ will likely help her get in and out... dont put it off as it is required to get the visa...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

its a VN office.. $ talks....

she willlikely get the vaccinations the day before..most do... get them out of the way and then head to the hospital the next AM...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Thanks. She's going to HCMC in the next couple of days for vaccinations. I'll tell her to swing by Cho Ray to help quench their thirst...

Thanks again. I was so worried that we wouldn't get an appointment and have to push back the interview date.

Timeline

You have to go there in person to make an appointment, according to my wife. Plus, you need to show the interview appointment letter.

Wedding in Vietnam: 12/25/2005 (graduate school, below poverty line, couldn't apply)
[b]August 27, 2007[/b]: 1st I-130 packet sent w/incorrect $190 instead of new $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
October 6, 2007: 2nd I-130 packet with $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
January 10, 2008: NOA1 March 31, 2008: NOA2 (approved & sent to NVC)
April 14, 2008: NVC sent AOS Fee Bill (Affidavit of Support) $70.00 & DS-3032 form
Received.
April 15, 2008: Faxed wife the DS-3032 agent form to be mailed from Vietnam.
May 5, 2008: NVC sent request for Affidavit of Support form. May 19. 2008: received NVC's request for Affidavit of Support form.
May 20, 2008: Sent off I-864, Affidavit of Support May 30, 2008: Received IV Fee bill for $400 --money order & sent by Priority Mail.
June 10, 2008: I-864 approved. June 11, 2008: IV fee entered in system. June 16, 2008: DS-230 barcode issued
June 30, 2008: DS-230 mailed by expressed mail July 3, 2008: DS-230 package arrived at NVC & under review
July 11, 2008: Case completed at NVC.
Sept. 5th, 2008: INTERVIEW DATE at HCMC: White paper with writing.
March 26, 2009: Resubmit.
[b]DENIED. June 2009: case sent back & received at USCIS[/b]
August 2009: filed new I-130. Approved after first I-130 case sent to VN, again.
February 2010: USCIS contacted & asked for more evidence
March 2010: USCIS re-approved original case.
April 14, 2010: Consulate sends DS-230
June 15, 2010: Interview Date (Blue issued)
July 13, 2010 Placed on AP -yippee!
Sept. 13, 2010 Consulate home visit
[b]Nov. 5, 2010 Approval letter sent.[/b]
[b]Nov. 19, 2010 Visa picked up. Arrival: Nov. 24, 2010[/b]

Timeline

our appt was made by phone...

It was back in December but we made our appointment at the IOM by phone.

Keep trying both IOM and Cho Ray. You know how it goes, when people are busy they will turn you away. Sometimes you need to get the right person.

Don't give up. Worse case, I would not reschedule the interview. I know I advise against going without everything complete but if it was because I absolutely could not get a medical appointment I would go ahead with the interview - just understand that an RFE will be issued.

I would exhaust all possible options to get it done though.

We had appointment at IOM back on December 8th and were able to pick up the results the next afternoon so hopefully you can catch a break and get in to either place.

Best Wishes

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Timeline

She got her vaccinations today, though it was only 2 shots (MMR and tetanus). She's scheduled for 2 months to come back for more. As a kid, she got lots of vaccinations that were required by the government, but documentation is hard to come by (can you beleive it?!).

Is it normal to get just a few shots? The US requires some 14 different diseases to be vaccinated against, but when my wife went there, they just gave her a couple shots.

Timeline

she will need to get more shots in a few months and then possibly more after 6 months more in some cases.. they can be done in the US if she gets here before they are due..

She got her vaccinations today, though it was only 2 shots (MMR and tetanus). She's scheduled for 2 months to come back for more. As a kid, she got lots of vaccinations that were required by the government, but documentation is hard to come by (can you beleive it?!).

Is it normal to get just a few shots? The US requires some 14 different diseases to be vaccinated against, but when my wife went there, they just gave her a couple shots.

Yup, my wife got 2 shots too (May 28). They told her to get more shots later. After she got her vaccination done, she went to ChoRay Hospital to get her medical exam done. They took her vaccination record and scheduled for medical exam on June 10. Hopefully everything will be ok. Only 2 more weeks, I'm so nervous now...:)

USCIS

01/25/2010 I-130 Sent

02/03/2010 I-130 NOA1 hard copy received in mail

03/19/2010 NOA2 Approved

03/22/2010 NOA2 received (email)

03/26/2010 NOA2 hard copy received in mail

Your I-130 was approved in 44 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

03/26/2010 : Case Number Assigned

03/26/2010 : E-Mails Given to NVC Operator

03/30/2010 : Received DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03/31/2010 : DS-3032 Sent by E-Mail

03/31/2010 : Paid AOS Bill Online

04/01/2010 : Received IV Bill

04/01/2010 : Paid IV Bill

04/03/2010 : DS-3032 Accepted (email received)

04/05/2010 : IV Bill and AOS Bill showed Paid (Still waiting for PCC)

04/15/2010 : AOS and Documents Sent

04/15/2010 : Return Completed DS-230 and Documents

04/21/2010 : AVR received

04/29/2010 : Log-In Failed

04/29/2010 : Case Completed at NVC

04/30/2010 : Interview Date Assigned

JUNE 16, 2010 @8:00 A.M.

Your interview took 133 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

EMBASSY

06/10/2010 : Medical Exam

06/16/2010 : Interview Date

07/02/2010 : Visa Received

07/07/2010 : POE at Chicago

Timeline

This is a good time to ask this question. My good friend fiancee's needs to get more shots but they took her shot records at the POI. Can she go to any doctor and they look it up to see what she needs and get the rest of them done?

Timeline

There is nothing for them to lookup... If the vaccines were done in VN then VN has those records not in any US system... I seriously doubt that the consulate scanned the doc into the system... She may end up having to get all of the previous shots again to adjust status..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.