Oslie & Ty

Child of Fiance and Medical at St. Lukes

3 posts in this topic

All of the posts related to SLMEC experiences are very helpful. However, in my searches, I have not found an answer to what is required for the K2 derivative child for the medical exam. I am assuming that a passport would be best. However, my fiance is still waiting for the passport for her daughter (8 yrs old). Does her daughter need a passport? Birth certificate? What if neither are available for her daughter?

Thanks for your help.

K-1 TIMELINE

Mar-09-2010 I-129F sent to California

Mar-10-2010 Arrived at CSC

Mar-11-2010 NOA-1

Mar-13-2010 NOA-1 Hardcopy Received

Mar-15-2010 Touched

May-01-2010 Touched

May-03-2010 Touched

May-04-2010 NOA-2

May-10-2010 NVC Received

May-12-2010 Left NVC

May-17-2010 US Embassy Received

All of the posts related to SLMEC experiences are very helpful. However, in my searches, I have not found an answer to what is required for the K2 derivative child for the medical exam. I am assuming that a passport would be best. However, my fiance is still waiting for the passport for her daughter (8 yrs old). Does her daughter need a passport? Birth certificate? What if neither are available for her daughter?

Thanks for your help.

The child will need a passport and birth cert. If neither arre available you will need to get them....

All visa applicants, regardless of age, need to complete a medical examination at the St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic (SLMCEC) before the visa interview. Applicants are advised to have their medical examinations done at least one week before their interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Manila.

What is the cost of the medical examination at SLMCEC?

• The medical exam fee is U.S. $213.35 for adults (15 years and older) and U.S. $185.35 for children (under 15 years of age).
  • SLMCEC does not accept credit card or dollar payments. The fees must be paid in Philippine pesos at the prevailing exchange rate.

What is the validity of the medical examination?

• Medical examinations are generally valid for 6 months.

Will chest x-rays be required?

• Children younger than 15 years old will not need a chest X-ray or serological test unless required by the doctor, but will instead undergo a Tuberculin Skin Test.
  • According to the U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS), chest X-rays for pregnant women are not dangerous if taken with the proper shielding.
  • If you have had previous X-rays, please bring them along for a comparative study.

What should I bring to my medical examination?

• Appointment letter sent by the National Visa Center or an e-mail print out of your appointment sent by the Call Center or any NOA the appointment date shown on our website (http://manila.usemba...v/wwwh3218.html)
  • Appropriate medical examination fee.
  • Passport (valid for at least 6 months)
  • Two colored pictures (2 inches x 2 inches) with a white background

What happens after I have my medical examination?

• The medical report, passport and visa pictures are normally submitted by SLMCEC to the U.S. Embassy in Manila. In most cases, only the chest x-ray film and immunization form are given to the applicants in the SLMCEC releasing section.
  • The medical examination usually takes two to three working days to process, but can extend up to a few months if there are required tests that need to be completed. http://manila.usemba...v/wwwh3218.html

Edited by sjr09

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have my two children under K2 underwent medical exams at St Luke's. I just presented their passports, 2x2 ID pics, copy of NOA2 and copy of the appointment confirmation from the US embassy. The information given by the poster above is quite comprehensive. Just follow them.

Then during the interview, be sure to bring the birth certificate then some pics that would show your fiance with the child taken years ago during birthdays, family activities or graduation or other special occasions. I was even asked for a pic during baptismal but I havent brought one. But it was ok.

Good luck!

Please visit our website and make a difference in the lives of the children.www.gracegeneralsantos.org

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.