claudia2212

advise needed!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, I have a few questions about the interview in Ciudad Juarez. I recently receive a letter staying that the consulate could start the visa process. What I do not understand is that it does not give me a actual date for my appointment rather says is a OPEN appointment which totally throw me out off guard. I was waiting for a actual date. I hired a lawyer since I started all this process and he has no idea what to tell me! :( So i am confused. Also, my fiance does not know what to expect he has not received anything in the mail and I truly do not know if he will receive the same letter I got. Also in the medical examination is my fiance going to have to wait days to receive the results or is all the same day. Does he needs fingerprints or that is until he comes in the USA... Can I go with him to the interview or they won't let me in? We have a 6 month daughter do we need a DNA test is it required? If he does get his visa will it he get it in the same day? This is hard because he lives in Baja California and he is coming all the way to Juarez, we need to have a time frame of how many days he will stay there. Thank you and I hope to here from you all!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I have a few questions about the interview in Ciudad Juarez. I recently receive a letter staying that the consulate could start the visa process. What I do not understand is that it does not give me a actual date for my appointment rather says is a OPEN appointment which totally throw me out off guard. I was waiting for a actual date. I hired a lawyer since I started all this process and he has no idea what to tell me! :( So i am confused. Also, my fiance does not know what to expect he has not received anything in the mail and I truly do not know if he will receive the same letter I got. Also in the medical examination is my fiance going to have to wait days to receive the results or is all the same day. Does he needs fingerprints or that is until he comes in the USA... Can I go with him to the interview or they won't let me in? We have a 6 month daughter do we need a DNA test is it required? If he does get his visa will it he get it in the same day? This is hard because he lives in Baja California and he is coming all the way to Juarez, we need to have a time frame of how many days he will stay there. Thank you and I hope to here from you all!!

since youre k-1 VISA you need to call the US embassy in your place to schedule your own interview and regarding your 6 month old daughter she's eligible for a US passport since her father is a US citizen all you need is her birth certificate and make sure your husband name is on the birth certificate and also you could asked your embassy if you could apply a consular birth abroad for your daughter since his dad is an american citizen:)

Timeline

It's not strange that beneficiary in Mexico doesn't receive the letter ,only the petitioner...Unlike another countries , the consulate doesn't set an appointment for K-1 beneficiaries. Once you receive the letter,your fiancé can go to the consulate when he gathers all the forms and needed documents...obviously, there's a time limit. Medical examination results are ready for same day in the afternoon if there's nothing wrong. Fingerprints are required on his interview day.

If visa is approved, take into account that it's not delivered inmediately and there's no an specific date. It's delivered at DHL branch in Ciudad Juarez and he got to be checking DHL website by using a track number that employee at DHL counter in the consulate will give to him.

Ahhh, he will need to carry letter you got.

Good luck!

Timeline

It's not strange that beneficiary in Mexico doesn't receive the letter ,only the petitioner...Unlike another countries , the consulate doesn't set an appointment for K-1 beneficiaries. Once you receive the letter,your fiancé can go to the consulate when he gathers all the forms and needed documents...obviously, there's a time limit. Medical examination results are ready for same day in the afternoon if there's nothing wrong. Fingerprints are required on his interview day.

If visa is approved, take into account that it's not delivered inmediately and there's no an specific date. It's delivered at DHL branch in Ciudad Juarez and he got to be checking DHL website by using a track number that employee at DHL counter in the consulate will give to him.

Ahhh, he will need to carry letter you got.

Good luck!

Thank you this is really helpful!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.