blahblah12

i751 No biometrics after 8 months

3 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone.

I am very concerned about my case, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

On October 1st 2009 I filed my i-751 (my Conditional green card was to expire December 31st). On October 7th I received the NOA (i-797c) extending my Conditional green card for another year.

I filed my i-751 with the California Service Center.

It is now May 26th (Almost 8 months later) and I have yet to receive the biometrics appointment.

I called USCIS several times. They keep on telling me to just wait. To just wait.

Finally last month, some gentleman said that I "SHOULD" received an approval letter on Mid June. I would then be required to file an INFOPASS to get my biometrics taken.

That sounded great, but it confused me greatly. I thought the biometrics appointment came first, then the approval letter. What going on? Is this normal? Why is it the opposite? Does he know what he was talking about or he was just telling me a white lie because he had no idea of what to expect? Anyone else had a similar experience?

What should I expect? And when should I expect my approval or biometrics, or ANY information at all.

I am very concerned about this because they provide NO information on the status of your case.

Please I would greatly appreciate some help to calm me down.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi blahblah12,

Admin just moved your post from AOS forum to here in ROC forum.

It's now there are 2 same post in the forum.

So, I guess we'd better close this onesmile.gif

Filed: Timeline

I would suggest going for an InfoPass right away without further delay.

Mom sponsoring for her son(my brother)

06/15/2010 : I-130 for son
06/23/2010 : Check Cashed
06/26/2010 : Received NOA
03/20/2012 : Received RFE(I-797E)
05/23/2012: Application approved after RFE response
06/29/2012: Received letter from NVC

06/03/2015: Change petition from F1 to F3 category

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

6. K-1 & AOS & ROC TimeLine

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.