beantown79

Interview in MTL

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well guys and gals, my interview date is 27 days away and of course the fee has to more than triple, however its bitter sweet for me as I kept on hoping and praying that i would not get an interview date before June 10 as i wanted to go to my friends weddind down in boston,so i can't be that upset, plus how many people are still waiting for a date. I am very anxious to get it over with. I think I have all my stuff ready and in order. I have the origianl and copy of everything below

NOA2

Interview date letter

Passport

Passport pics

Birth certificate

Divoce decree

police report

affidavit of support

letter from his employer and the 3 recent pay stubs

Letter of intent to marry me (do i need to do one up signed by myself aswell?)

evidence of domicile, cell phone bill and another utility bill

lots and lots of evidence, pics, airplane itineraries.

My medical is June 11 and i pick up the evelope the morning of the interview at 7 then run over to the consulate.

I am not taking the tax returns as he hasn't done his yet (i know he's late) and it says in the letter an example of evidence is tax returns, pay stubs etc. I think i wil lbe ok with this and i have everything ready to go.

Aug 23 2010 - mailed via USPS overnight courier to USCIS

Aug 24 2010 - received a USCIS at 11.40am signed for by Chyba

Sept 1 2010 - received email and text confirmation for AOS,EAD,AP

Sept 7 2010 - received hard copy of NOA1 for AOS,EAD,AP

Sept 10 2010 - received biometrics apt letter for Oct 1, attempting walkin Sept 17

Sept 17 2010 - successful walk-in biometrics apt

Sept 20 - EAD and AOS touched

Sept 27 - received email and text at 7:30pm that my AOS was transfered to CSC (yeah no interview)

Sept 29 - case touched, arrived at CSC received email and text from USCIS

Oct 4 - AOS touched

Oct 6 - AOS touched

Oct 7 - AOS touched again!!!!

Oct 14 - AOS touched again!!!

Oct 15 - AOS touched again

Oct 19 - AP approved (no email or text notification of approval)

Oct 21 - EAD approved received text and email of card production ordered.

Oct 25 - Received Hardcopy of AP in the mail

Oct 29 - Received another text that EAD card was mailed (post decision activity)

Nov 1 - Received EAD card in the mail

Nov 9 - RFE for vaccination record transcribed over to I693 form

Nov 13 - Found Dr. who would complete just the vaccination part of the form yeaaaah!!!

Nov 17 - USCIS received my RFE response papers in California

Dec 3 - Received email and text confirmation that my case was updated from RFE to RFE review response

Dec 9 - Green Card approved, never received any email or text and my USCIS case still shows in RFE Response review

Dec 14 - Received my approval notice and welcome to America letter advising it was approved Dec 9th

Dec 17 - Green card received, finally done with USCIS for 2 years

Timeline

Well guys and gals, my interview date is 27 days away and of course the fee has to more than triple, however its bitter sweet for me as I kept on hoping and praying that i would not get an interview date before June 10 as i wanted to go to my friends weddind down in boston,so i can't be that upset, plus how many people are still waiting for a date. I am very anxious to get it over with. I think I have all my stuff ready and in order. I have the origianl and copy of everything below

NOA2

Interview date letter

Passport

Passport pics

Birth certificate

Divoce decree

police report

affidavit of support

letter from his employer and the 3 recent pay stubs

Letter of intent to marry me (do i need to do one up signed by myself aswell?)

evidence of domicile, cell phone bill and another utility bill

lots and lots of evidence, pics, airplane itineraries.

My medical is June 11 and i pick up the evelope the morning of the interview at 7 then run over to the consulate.

I am not taking the tax returns as he hasn't done his yet (i know he's late) and it says in the letter an example of evidence is tax returns, pay stubs etc. I think i wil lbe ok with this and i have everything ready to go.

Dont forget your Express post enveloppe and to write down your tracking number.

I dont think you need a letter of intent yourself, but I guess it doesnt take much time to write one up and then that's one less thing to worry about.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know you might know this but I didn't see the following items on your check list:

a) Medical sealed envelope.

b) Copies of NOA-1, letter from NVC, and a copy of the I-129F package sent out initially.

c) Birth certificate.

d) DS-160 form + confirmation page.

Hope this helps!

Timeline

I know you might know this but I didn't see the following items on your check list:

a) Medical sealed envelope.

b) Copies of NOA-1, letter from NVC, and a copy of the I-129F package sent out initially.

c) Birth certificate.

d) DS-160 form + confirmation page.

Hope this helps!

Do you think we will need a sponsor. He is above the poverty line now he just started work in February and his annual income is above it, however last year he wasn't because he lost his job and was on unemployement for a while. i am not sure if i should get a sponsor for the interview or not or if the letter from his employer and his paystubs will be enough. I am confused as it says you only need a co sponsor if you don't have adequate income, he does now but when they take a look at his tax return from last year it will below

Sept 10 2010 - received biometrics apt letter for Oct 1, attempting walkin Sept 17

Sept 27 - received email and text at 7:30pm that my AOS was transfered to CSC (yeah no interview)

Oct 4 - AOS touched

Oct 6 - AOS touched

Oct 29 - Received another text that EAD card was mailed (post decision activity)

Nov 13 - Found Dr. who would complete just the vaccination part of the form yeaaaah!!!

Dec 3 - Received email and text confirmation that my case was updated from RFE to RFE review response

Dec 9 - Green Card approved, never received any email or text and my USCIS case still shows in RFE Response review

Dec 14 - Received my approval notice and welcome to America letter advising it was approved Dec 9th

For the expresspost enveloppe, it's really the biggest one they have that we need to buy, right? Like way bigger than just a sheet of paper? Haha, just went to buy it, but i feel like it's way too big for nothing!!

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For the expresspost enveloppe, it's really the biggest one they have that we need to buy, right? Like way bigger than just a sheet of paper? Haha, just went to buy it, but i feel like it's way too big for nothing!!

Yes, the reason (I think) it is so big is that they say (or used to say) on their instructions to bring 1 of those envelopes for every 4 visas being issued. This saves them having people bring the wrong size I guess.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As far as the Affidavit of Support goes, his current income should be above the poverty line. It will be on your shoulders to prove that his income is above the poverty line as his last years returns will not indicate that.

If you could get a co-sponsor, that would be really good.

Good luck!

Timeline

As far as the Affidavit of Support goes, his current income should be above the poverty line. It will be on your shoulders to prove that his income is above the poverty line as his last years returns will not indicate that.

If you could get a co-sponsor, that would be really good.

Good luck!

We are going to use his moms assets amd she is going to co sign for us, his father passed away 4 years ago and there is an inheritance sitting in the bank which we can use as assets to supplement the $3000 that he was short last year on his tax return, so $3000 x 5 years is $15000 we should be ok. I assume i just get her to complete the I-134 form and put in the amount she has in savings and then a copy from the bank showing how much is on account in the savings.

Oct 4 - AOS touched

Oct 6 - AOS touched

On the affidavit of support, i noticed my fiancé checked the "I do not intend to make any contributions to support the person on question 3" (Question 11, juste before signing). Will this cause a problem? Was he supposed to check the "i intend" for the interview?

event.png

On the affidavit of support, i noticed my fiancé checked the "I do not intend to make any contributions to support the person on question 3" (Question 11, juste before signing). Will this cause a problem? Was he supposed to check the "i intend" for the interview?

Please can someone help me with this? and as i was reading somewhere, the oath portion has to be notarized??? My fiancé didn't get it notarized!! Does it have to be??

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.