JSWashburn

EOR and I-129f package

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

My understanding of EOR was it was to be sent after the I-129f package, or is that what Question 18 is about? Regarding that question, I gave a very brief discription of when I first and last my fiancee in China and that we met online.

After reading about how important the EOR is, I'm starting to freak out that maybe that should have been submitted with the I-129f package!!! :o:crying:

Because my case it going to GUZ, are we already red-flaged and don't even know it yet? Would sending an actual EOR at interview help at all? I'm getting the impression that they would blow it off. Why? I NEVER got an RFE!!!

Please :help:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Your fine, i sent our I-129f off with the bare neccessities as well, question 18 was about 1 paragraph in length.

For the interview i prepared an EOR (that i had spent 7 months writing, revising and editing) that was'nt even looked at. (<<thats after she INSISTED that they take it, because we blew the $30 to have it notarized at GUZ.)

I think the EOR letter is overrated, and really is just something that is 'nice to have' in case they ask for it- which isnt all that often.

Just make sure you prepare and train your girl for the interview, and anything that may have been laking in the 129f (ie EOR) can be presented to them then.

Edited by Moonandstar

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I think that the EOR can be helpful in certain situations, especially those that are not clear-cut for the VO.  If a couple becomes engaged a week after meeting the first time and files a scant I-129f shortly there after, then the VO has little to go by. I think this is also the same when it comes to being in Guangzhou during the interview. If your fiancee is well prepared and you both have clearly demonstrated a committed decent-termed relationship, then your presence is not a factor other than to provide emotional support. People can argue all of these points, I think each case will be affected by different factors and it is difficult to generalize without hazard. You do not have to send an EOR letter with the petition, but it also doesn't hurt to include a clearly detailed (not sappy) account of your relationship. Most likely, and EOR letter will only be accepted at the interview if the VO is "fishing" for fraud. A well prepared fiancee will most likely have a couple requisite questions followed by "pink." This is the one trend I have noticed. Good luck! :thumbs:

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Timeline

I think that the EOR can be helpful in certain situations, especially those that are not clear-cut for the VO.  If a couple becomes engaged a week after meeting the first time and files a scant I-129f shortly there after, then the VO has little to go by. I think this is also the same when it comes to being in Guangzhou during the interview. If your fiancee is well prepared and you both have clearly demonstrated a committed decent-termed relationship, then your presence is not a factor other than to provide emotional support. People can argue all of these points, I think each case will be affected by different factors and it is difficult to generalize without hazard. You do not have to send an EOR letter with the petition, but it also doesn't hurt to include a clearly detailed (not sappy) account of your relationship. Most likely, and EOR letter will only be accepted at the interview if the VO is "fishing" for fraud. A well prepared fiancee will most likely have a couple requisite questions followed by "pink." This is the one trend I have noticed. Good luck! :thumbs:

Ya, thanks for responding. My thanks goes out to anyone else who responds too.

I do wish I had submitted one with the I-129F. Is it overkill or not? I'm not sure. But after visiting my fiancee 6 times (once a year, a week each time). I don't want to give them any doubt what-so-ever! I just hope my case isn't the type that could be red-flagged because we left out 1 or 2 page timeline of our relationship with the I-129f. When I answered Question 18, it was three or four sentences max. :unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

GUZ tends to 'ding' a visa applicant if it's NOT CLEAR about the 'communication ability' between the petitioner and the visa applicant. Usually results in EITHER a blue slip (give us more evidence of something after interview day), 221(g) form, OR an outright denial.

This 'communication ability' can be covered in a paragraph in the EOR letter - it should cover languages used, your chinese ability (if any), her english ability, any translators used, any info about her being in an english language program in China.

It's still up to the VO to actually read this EOR, on interview day. I wouldn't say you are 'red-flagged' at all, since the case is going to GUZ - but only you know the red flag issues about your casefile. If you are really freaking out, I suggest that you contact Marc Ellis, pay for a coupla hours of consult time, and have him go over all of the casefile, prior to interview day. Google 'Marc Ellis Immigration' for his contact info.

Have a read, here --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/234971-red-flag-list-for-visa-denial/page__hl__appointment

and see if you have any of those 'red-flag' issues.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks Darnell. Good info to have. I might actually contact Marc if I feel I'm at a deadend. :thumbs:

After reviewing that link you posted, I can honestly say that we wouldn't raise any "Red Flags". Except for one... When we originally sent our I-129f, we never included a letter regarding our relationship, feelings, and its evolution. We provided enough evidence including photos, e-mail, IM logs, calling card purchase records, flowers, and other gifts I've purchased for her all those years.

Again, not a single narrative about us. All they have to go by is Question 18. :bonk:

I will construct an EOR with the first paragraphs detailing the methods by how we communicate, feelings toward each other, and future plans. Following that will be a general outline of what we did each time I visited her. Will doing this add enough counterweight to our dilemma?

With regards to the EOR letter itself. Should I sign it (does it need to be)?? How about getting it notarized? Should she do it at GUZ, or should I do it here in Houston?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

She cannot have it notarized at US Consulate-Guangzhou - she's not an American Citizen.

I suggest you sign it, notarize it

--in Houston if yer not going in for interview week

--at GUZ if yer going in for interview week.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.