EvishMario

NOA2 hard copy not received

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello all_

It's been 12 days since the NOA2 notice was mailed and we still have not received it. Has this happened to anyone else? I just called the CS line and I was told that I would have to wait 30 days from May 13 before calling back. I also read somewhere in VJ that my Fiance would need the original of the notice during the interview in Naples...???

Can I send the email I received meanwhile. I cannot believe we'll have to wait 1 month and after that, if still nothing, file a form to have a copy send to us. I also read we'll have to pay $90....Please advise.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

So some people never receive the NOA2 hardcopy. You will need it in the USA possibly for AOS after marriage. You do not need it for the Embassy/Consulate. Print the email and use that.

You need to contact USCIS again if you have not received it in 30 days. You should not have to pay the fee to issue a duplicate NOA2.

Good luck.

EDITED to say:

You should not have to pay to issue a duplicate NOA2 when the first NOA2 was never received within 30 days of the mailing and you contact USCIS in a reasonable time frame from that 30 days.

If you then lose NOA2 later, and need it for AOS or some other purpose, yes you will have to pay a fee to get a duplicate issued at a later time.

Edited by Audy_Rob

Naturalization N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.