Seahawks21

AOS (Affidavit of Support) Questions

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello again friendly and helpful people. Tomorrow I'm sending in my AOS packet to the NVC. I just have a few questions that I can't find answers for on the USCIS site.

1. At the USCIS link, there are two separate headings. One is for AOS processing, and the other is for Applicant Document Processing. I haven't been given a cover sheet or any instructions to proceed to Applicant Document Processing. Am I supposed to be proactive and have my wife start this process as well, or will I be instructed to do so by the NVC? As far as I know, I haven't been advised to pay any fees for the Applicant Document Processing.

2. Basically, what happens next? I know this is a pretty general question. Are we getting close? I'm not sure if any of you have any recent timelines, but we're trying to get her to the US from the Philippines if that helps.

Also, I noticed many of you have timelines on the bottom of your posts. How do I make one of these? Thanks a million as always folks.

Also, I noticed many of you have timelines on the bottom of your posts. How do I make one of these? Thanks a million as always folks.

I can't answer your previous two questions, as I have not petitioned through NVC yet. However, I can help you with this question.

At the top right of this webpage, click on the silhouette to the left of "Seahawks21" You may change your picture or avatar later.

Next, click on "Edit my Profile" button which is found on the right, just below "View New Content Popular Topics Advanced Search"

Under the "Profile" tab, click on "Change Signature" You will then be able to create and edit your signature. Be sure to click on "Save Changes" when you're done.

You can also change your photo and avatar under the "Profile" tab. Hope this helps! :thumbs:

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

HI,

Did your beneficiary fill out a DS3032 Choice of Agent yet and sent it to the NVC? When you call the NVC and put in your case number, AVR system tells you when you should pay for your Affidavit of Support.Speak to a live person and ask them to send you everything by email much easier and faster 603-334-0700. You can pay your fee bill online as long as you have a bank account.. In order to pay it online you will need your NVC case # and your invoice #. Here is the link.

https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx

If you dont have a bank account this link gives a list of alternative methods of payment.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3905.html

Once you paid it wait a couple of days keep checking until the status changes to PAID, then you will print out the cover sheet and you will be allowed to submit the Affidavit of Support, your tax returns for 3 years, w-2s for 3 years, 6 months worth of pay stubs and verification of employment from your job on the company letterhead stating your position hourly rate and your title. Then you can send your documents with the cover page. On the cover page will be the address where you would have to send the AOS. Once the Affidavit of Support is submitted and there are no RFEs. your wife's choice of agent will be asked to submit payment for the DS-230.Do not take any action without authorization from the NVC. Taking action without the NVC's authorization could result in a delay in processing your case. When they email you about paying the fee bills and you check that they are marked PAID, then you print out the cover letters.

If you need any further assistance let me know.

i read that on average once you are done and the case is complete at the NVC that the waiting time for interview date from when the Consulate receives the package from the NVC is approximately 21 days. Good luck,

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i read that on average once you are done and the case is complete at the NVC that the waiting time for interview date from when the Consulate receives the package from the NVC is approximately 21 days. Good luck,

Thanks for the very thorough answer Amuna! I paid the AOS fee ($70), and was instructed to fill out the I-864EZ (I think that is the correct number). I will be sending in my form along with my W2s and Tax transcripts tomorrow. It sounds like I'm not supposed to do anything with the other documents until I hear back from the NVC. I'm assuming they will give me instructions from there. I'm just making sure I'm not supposed to have my wife fill out the DS-230 yet. If I understand you correctly, the NVC will instruct me as to when to pay the fee for this document, and how to process it correctly, but this won't happen until after they receive my AOS documents. Let me know if you think I am not understanding this correctly. Otherwise, thanks again for the excellent support, I'll just be patient. You people never cease to impress me. Thanks again.

Edited by Seahawks21

1. It would be better if you would instruct your wife to start getting the required documents that would be included in submitting the DS-230 (e.g. NBI and police clearance/s, NSO birth and marriage certificate, photo) so as to have them on hand once you have the go signal to submit the DS-230. This is also to give her ample of time to obtain such documents since some of them would be released after a couple of days. Just remember not to let her send them unless instructed to.

This is actually what I did and I saved a little time. Once our IV payment status became PAID, I just printed the document cover sheet and have all the documents sent to NVC. Have her read the Applicant Document Processing page to let her know what needs to be done.

You may also find this link very helpful and full of enlightenment on what stages would be happening --> http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

2. After sending the AOS, it will be reviewed. As for now, let your wife email the DS-3032 (Choice of Address and Agent) to NVC. You can find how to in the link I've given above. Once received, NVC will notify you to pay for the IV fee and start with the Applicant Document Processing. In my case, when I received the IV fee invoice, I also received the Checklist email wherein all the things that I still need to submit are indicated.

I am still waiting for NVC's information whether they will be giving me our interview date or they will be needing other documents. Hoping it will be the first. :thumbs: Good luck on your case. :)

2007.06.13 - Received NOA1

2009.07.17 - Received NOA2: I-130 APPROVED

2009.08.06 - Received NVC Case No. MNL2009*****8

2010.04.02 - Received and Paid I-864 bill

2010.04.07 - Received I-864 package

2010.04.15 - Completed and sent I-864 to NVC

2010.04.23 - Received DS-3032 through postal mail

2010.04.27 - Sent DS-3032 through Fedex

2010.05.07 - Received and Paid IV bill

2010.05.12 - Received Document Cover Sheet for DS-230

- Completed and sent DS-230 to NVC

2010.05.17 - NVC received DS-230 from FedEx

2010.05.24 - NVC AVR: received DS-230

2010.06.02 - NVC AVR: Case completed!!

2010.06.19 - Sent request for case to be expedited to NVC

2010.06.28 - NVC AVR: Case sent to Manila Embassy - CASE EXPEDITED!

2010.07.09 & 12 - Medical at SLEC

2010.07.23 - Interview (7:15am) - APPROVED!

2010.08.xx - CFO Seminar

2010.09.02 - POE at LAX

by the way, you can always check online to see when the DS-230 is available to be paid and once its paid your wife will be able to submit her documents along with the DS-230. Tell her to get a head start in getting police clearance ASAP since it could take time for her to get it.Documents would include but not limited to birth certificate Court and Marriage Certificate and/or Marriage Termination Documentation Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page

Police Certificate.

The best thing is to send it via FEDEX, since it allows you to track the package and assure you that it reached the NVC. To start I called the NVC and gave them my and my husband's email address, so whatever documents that were emailed to me were also emailed to him and vice versa.On the payment online center also it gives you the option of emailing the receipt or cover page to another email address including yours and your wife's.Since mailing to overseas could be hectic, its easier and faster to use email.

Use the online payment center, if it allows you to make a payment for the DS-230 yet or not. Make sure status says PAID Before you print cover page and send the form with the documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.