HalfnHalf

DS-160 Printed Confirmation but not the actual form?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone. We got our P3 and i've spent the afternoon getting everything ready. I got online and filled out the DS-160. Was pretty aggrivating. Got to the VERY end, and then it said I was timed out even though my computer didn't sit for 20minutes like it warned me of. :bonk:

So I filled it out again, printed the confirmation, and then suddently as I pressed "print form" my computer froze, and then had to quit. Did I need this form printed out? Do I need to fill it out again to get it?? I did get the confirmation page... Do I need to send in the form with the packet or is just the confirmation sheet what's needed?

Plan on sending this out tomorrow but want to make sure I don't have to do it again before I do!

Hi HalfnHalf,

A very similar thing happen to me too and I got into a big freak out attack..lol

When I completed my whole form and got to the print out page, my printer was not responding and the site ended up timing out and I didn't get nothing, not even a conformation print-out. Fortunately, I was saving all my info all along, so I ended up re-submitting it again and I got all my print outs... not sure if i'm registered twice now though..lol

I have heard people having a hard time printing out the full pages and they just sent in the conformation page, I don't know if they had a problem with it though. Wish I could give you a definite answer..Sorry!

Hopefully someone else will come along and give you some good advice!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the response. Really appreciate any input!

I think i'm just going to send in the confirmation page. I've been reading and some say to bring the confirmation page and they can pull it up and to NOT bring the forms. I'm just concerned because the sheet I got in the package says to complete and return "DS-160 one copy available at Htt://blablabla.com". I guess technically I DID "return" it. The internet way.

I've been reading all over the place and it's all confusing. Even the information they sent in the package wasn't clear. Maybe it's just because i'm so paranoid about EVERYTHING. I'm so worried any tiny thing done incorrectly could possibly result in months of extra waiting. Seemed odd to do the online DS-160 thing AND fill out DS-156/K. They were exactly the same forms.

I know everyone is trying to convert everything to the internet. Online applications and forms. I was so annoyed I couldn't just print out the DS-160 and fill it out with a pen. I looked for hours sure I could download it somewhere. lol I don't think one should have to rely on a computer, internet connection, printers, etc... etc... in important situations like this. I myself had two major errors using the online service. Wasted an hour filling it out only to be timed out somehow, and then wasn't able to print out the completed form.

I've got another question maybe someone can answer.

I went out today and got 6 passport photos. 3 will be for the medical. I got my date for the exam today as well. In the package it says 2 are needed at the interview for the visa process. The DS-156 that I filled out in duplicate has a place that says to attach 2 photos, which I did. Are those the two that will be needed? Or do I need to bring two MORE passport photos!?! lol That's a lot of pictures floating around!

Thanks everyone! I'm going to be so happy when this is all done with!

Just make sure to make a duplicate of your conformation page, so you have one for the interview.

And I agree with the online internet forms, I'd rather do it by hand and send it in.. That way you know for sure you didn't make any mistakes, this internet processing form made me soooo nervous and when i'm nervous i'm bound to make mistakes..lol .Hopefully everything turns out fine.

6 photos is good, 3 will be used for your medical and 2 you bring to the interview.

Someone asked the same question in this link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/255784-packet-3-montreal-ds-156-photos/

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.