Kukolka

Packet 3 Montreal DS-156 photos

5 posts in this topic

The Packet 3 letter from Montreal says, in the list of things to gather but not send:

Five identical photographs taken within six months of the date of your visa interview, each two inches square. Three of these photos will be used for your medical exam and will be requested at the time of medical examination. Two of these photos will be used by the US consulate in preparing the visa and will be requested at the time of the interview. The requirements are the same as those of Canadian passport photos.

On the printed out DS-156 (of which Packet 3 requires 2 copies), there's a space to attach a passport photo.

My question:

Must the Packet 3 mailed back to Montreal ALSO include two passport photos, to go along with the two copies of the DS-156? And if so, must they be identical to the five photos required for medical and interview?

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved to the Canada Regional Forum so Canadians familiar with the process can provide the requested information

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The pictures don't need to be sent in with the P-3, you have to carry 2 passport size pictures with you to the Consulate at the time of your interview.

Also, it shouldn't be a problem until you provide them with 2 identical pictures at the time of your interview and 3 identical pictures at your medical. They wouldn't care if you submit different pictures at your medical and at your interview.

KnR aka slider100

I've got 2 identical passport pics for my interview, but for my medical (it was today, at Medisys, MTL), i only took pictures in a shopping center (in the machins they have, where you can take 4 pics for 4$, as long as the pic is in color and on a white background, i was ok). I suggest you to call the clinic where you will have your medical to ask about the pics. If it's the same as Medisys, no need to pay big money for passport pictures!

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Thank you! Yay, Packet 3 ready to go! :)

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.