Peter Miami

Colombia Club

4,917 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Thanks for the wishes, HAL- I hope you all have a great holiday! I am off to Colombia (Pereira) tonite for 12 days... vamos a ver!

Joe

Enjoy!

When you get that Colombian Spanish down... check out Andrés Lopez' Bus a Pereira song in "La Pelota de Letras."

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Happy Holidays everybody!!! :luv:

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey all I am such a noobie here. I want to join the Colombian club as a future hubby to a sweet sweet Colombiana. Anyway we haven't even married yet but plan on doing so this March. I've tried absorbing as much information as I can muster on this board topic alone but I can imagine that my spongey insides will ooze out some critical information. So of course I will come by and visit you guys from time to time. I look forward to catching up with you all on this board and hearing all the stories, advice, and support that I can get. I know that we have a long road ahead of us in the months ahead. Mi novia is convinced that the process does not take very long despite me showing her this website. Hehe, 2months anyone? Anyway i plan on giving her this link and the spanish thread (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78366) also for her to dessiminate and read. I hope our process can be a smooth one. Many thanks in advance!

James USA

Adriana Colombia

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Bogota, Colombia

Event Date

Marriage: 2009-04-30

I-130 Sent: 2009-05-14

I-130 Approved: 2009-08-25

NVC Received: 2009-09-09

Interview Date: 2009-11-19

Visa Received: 2009-11-25

US Entry Target Date: 2010-01-08

S. Korea La Vida Loca: 2010-04-07

Returned to USA: 2011-04-06

Removal of Conditions: 2012-01-08

I-751 Biometrics: 2012-03-02

I-751 Approved: 2012-09-07

N400 Sent: 2012-10-10

Biometrics: 2012-11-02

Interview: 2013-01-09

Oath: 2013-02-22

Citizenship: 2013-02-22

Timeline

Bienvenido James.

Membership is free as long as you bring some Club Colombia for everyone. I like it more than Aguila. :lol:

Happy Holidays and hope we can be of help.

Timeline

Hello James and welcome to the Colombian Club!

Two months? Now that's pushing it. :lol: But seriously, try to keep doing more research on every visa before you get married and file. I highly, highly, highly, highly, recommend the CR1 visa instead of K3. It takes almost the same amount of time, is less expensive and there is less hassle.

Good luck!

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline
James I'm serious about that Club Colombia... :lol:

Ahaha ok ok I will bring some Club Colombia, although remember drinking rum and coke and a pina colada while i was down in Bogota :D. Say do you guys know if CR1 is a better route than the K3? In another forum I posted to I was asked to check into it. Seems like you take care of two birds with one stone with that way, but is it worth it and is the length of the process quicker? I would want my baby with me asap rather than wait a few months out of efficiency's sake.

James

PS HAL if I get the Club Colombia you have to come up with the Colombian comida ok :lol:

CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Timeline

I say go for the CR1 but if you choose the K3 route only to have her here a month earlier, don't come to me complaining about having to wait for her AOS to be approved, or her work permit. Just ask OskarandAndrea how fun it's been for them. 'Nuff said. :lol:

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

James I agree with Diana on this one. If all sails well, the K3 route is supposed to be a month or two faster than the CR1 route... BUT... you'll be paying more in AOS costs later on down the road.

Depends what you'd rather have... if your SO has a job in Colombia then it may be better to go the CR1 route since the economy isn't the best right now for job hunting, specially in South Florida.

So... get a case of that Club Colombia. I got some yuca and chorizo at home. All we need is some papa criolla and any other meats to grill up. I see you're in Key West so the meet up can be somewhere between you and Marathon!

Timeline
James I agree with Diana on this one. If all sails well, the K3 route is supposed to be a month or two faster than the CR1 route... BUT... you'll be paying more in AOS costs later on down the road.

Depends what you'd rather have... if your SO has a job in Colombia then it may be better to go the CR1 route since the economy isn't the best right now for job hunting, specially in South Florida.

So... get a case of that Club Colombia. I got some yuca and chorizo at home. All we need is some papa criolla and any other meats to grill up. I see you're in Key West so the meet up can be somewhere between you and Marathon!

Agreed, the economy is in such a downward spiral right now but I already told her it may be difficult to land a job. I believe I will go the CR1 route and start filling out the paperwork before we are even hitched hehe. And yes lovely key west has its merits but downfalls. I actually prefer the mainland more so than being in paradise all the time. Afterall, I am originally a golden boy from So Cal. Westside! Lol. But yeah I wont mind meeting up at all. I am a horrible cook but Ill grab the beverage of choice and we can have us a beach party on one of the key's beaches :dance: .

CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Timeline

I say Bahia Honda State Park... I remember that fishing area is prone to shark sightings quite often... then we could go all Guajira and make Shark Pinchos...

HAL 9000 can dream of warmer climates...

I believe you probably won't regret the CR-1 route... but compare the paperwork side by side and the benefits to both...

I say Bahia Honda State Park... I remember that fishing area is prone to shark sightings quite often... then we could go all Guajira and make Shark Pinchos...

I believe you probably won't regret the CR-1 route... but compare the paperwork side by side and the benefits to both...

Question.....I always heard that the K-1 visa is the fastest way to get your loved one to the US. I've seen this written on some attorneys sites...and I have direct experience with a nephew whose CR-1 took over two years (they eventually divorced)..... is this your experience?

Antonio y Olga

Timeline

Question.....I always heard that the K-1 visa is the fastest way to get your loved one to the US. I've seen this written on some attorneys sites...and I have direct experience with a nephew whose CR-1 took over two years (they eventually divorced)..... is this your experience?

Well we did K-1 because we were in no hurry to get things done on the visa side. It took us, from a Nov 2006 petition, to a Feb 2007 approval, to a June 2007 Interview at the Embassy, August 2007 POE by choice... not too bad. The slow part in that process was waiting on CSC to approve the petition.

Of course, if you are a US Citizen living for a minimum of 6 months in Colombia, you could try Direct Filing but I am not sure if Bogotá handles those anymore.

Timeline

hello happy new year my name is erika im ususally at the spanish forums ,i to just had a bad experience with that guy that danny and brillit had i had my interview on 18 of december he demanded a dna testing of my daughter which is his but she was registered under my ex husband took her when she was born (long story) well also he requested a dna of his daughter for the fact that she was just registered ,my worried here is what if that result comes neg what will happen ,anybody knows ? i think they should replace that guy he told me he didnt think my 4 yr relationship which i showed pic and all 50 q he asked me a my fiancee was fake but for the reason that colombia is number 1 in frauds and that everyday theres 20 case of frauds he had to make sure and that im not in those 20 per day i swear i wanted to punch him .well anyway any advise on what to do ,the charging me 850 dollars to do the testing plus what ever fees bogota has to put on top , all help is appreciated happy new years guys

Timeline
hello happy new year my name is erika im ususally at the spanish forums ,i to just had a bad experience with that guy that danny and brillit had i had my interview on 18 of december he demanded a dna testing of my daughter which is his but she was registered under my ex husband took her when she was born (long story) well also he requested a dna of his daughter for the fact that she was just registered ,my worried here is what if that result comes neg what will happen ,anybody knows ? i think they should replace that guy he told me he didnt think my 4 yr relationship which i showed pic and all 50 q he asked me a my fiancee was fake but for the reason that colombia is number 1 in frauds and that everyday theres 20 case of frauds he had to make sure and that im not in those 20 per day i swear i wanted to punch him .well anyway any advise on what to do ,the charging me 850 dollars to do the testing plus what ever fees bogota has to put on top , all help is appreciated happy new years guys

If you want to PM me in Spanish its OK. Please be specific if you do with organized details about who the real father is, who the petitioner is (your fiancee) and who the legal guardian in Colombia is supposed to be.

It looks like your interview was not a denial but a decision pending further evidence. It will be up to you and your fiancee.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.