Peter Miami

Colombia Club

4,917 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hey Guys! If I already file my I-130 for a K3 visa, do I have to pay the $455 fee for the I-129F? Please someone tell me!!!!!!!!!!! Help............ :help:

Once your I-130 gets in the process and approved, your I-129 will be put on hold by USCIS, so you don't need to pursue that any further.

i-130

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hey Guys! If I already file my I-130 for a K3 visa, do I have to pay the $455 fee for the I-129F? Please someone tell me!!!!!!!!!!! Help............ :help:

No you do not need to pay the fee for the I129f you just send it in with a copy of your NOA1 of your I130 and that will waive your fee.

i-130

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Yea you were right. I got in contact with DOS and they told me that the I129F had already been sent to the embassy so they should get it sometime next week. I am still in Colombia with my wife and will be heading back to NY on Oct 15th so that i can take care of all the paperwork associated with the I134. It seems like everything is going to work out just fine. One more thing Diana, do you think she will be able to get to the US before the end of the year. Thanks again you always save me from going insane.

Sincerely,

Harold Paredes

It all depends on how fast you can send packet 3 to the embassy. If they receive it before the 15th of the month, they will schedule the interview for the following month, if they get it after the 15th, they will schedule the appointment for the month after. Please make sure they already received your case from the NVC before you fax or send anything to them.

So if you know for sure that they have your case in Bogotá, and your wife sends in packet 3 before the 15th (which is next week), she will most likely get an interview for November. If they get it after the 15th, she will get an interview for December.

It's not set in stone but that's the pattern we've seen so far.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
Hello again Colombia Club,

I have a few questions regarding the paperwork I have to send back to the embassy to schedule my interview. Do i have to send the following:

1. Cover letter

2. DS-2100 (page 4 of packet 3 instructions)

3. DS-230 Part 1 (pages 1 & 2 only)

4. Copy of fiancée's passport (biographical data page)

and at the interview show the I 134? Does the I134 that is going to be notarized need some sort of apostille or something since it is going to be notarized in the United States? Finally, does the I134 have to be the original? I was thinking if i could fax it to my wife from New York and she could present that. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Harold Paredes

Yeah, that's all you have to send. You can either fax it, mail ir via Servientrega, mail AND fax or scan the documents and e-mail the embassy. It's up to you.

The I-134 has to be original and notarized. Apostilles are not required, so a plain notary seal is good enough.

Diana

Edited by Mononoke28

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline
Hello again Colombia Club,

I have a few questions regarding the paperwork I have to send back to the embassy to schedule my interview. Do i have to send the following:

1. Cover letter

and at the interview show the I 134? Does the I134 that is going to be notarized need some sort of apostille or something since it is going to be notarized in the United States? Finally, does the I134 have to be the original? I was thinking if i could fax it to my wife from New York and she could present that. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Harold Paredes

Oh thats a relief. Thanks a lot Diana.

Yeah, that's all you have to send. You can either fax it, mail ir via Servientrega, mail AND fax or scan the documents and e-mail the embassy. It's up to you.

The I-134 has to be original and notarized. Apostilles are not required, so a plain notary seal is good enough.

Diana

Yea you were right. I got in contact with DOS and they told me that the I129F had already been sent to the embassy so they should get it sometime next week. I am still in Colombia with my wife and will be heading back to NY on Oct 15th so that i can take care of all the paperwork associated with the I134. It seems like everything is going to work out just fine. One more thing Diana, do you think she will be able to get to the US before the end of the year. Thanks again you always save me from going insane.

Sincerely,

Harold Paredes

It all depends on how fast you can send packet 3 to the embassy. If they receive it before the 15th of the month, they will schedule the interview for the following month, if they get it after the 15th, they will schedule the appointment for the month after. Please make sure they already received your case from the NVC before you fax or send anything to them.

So if you know for sure that they have your case in Bogotá, and your wife sends in packet 3 before the 15th (which is next week), she will most likely get an interview for November. If they get it after the 15th, she will get an interview for December.

It's not set in stone but that's the pattern we've seen so far.

Diana

Thanks a lot Diana.

Timeline

Another quick question,

Since my I130 was approved at the same time as the I129F like i mentioned before, do i have to continue doing all the paperwork that they ask of me for the I130? I called the DOS and one person told me i did while another told me i didn't. I was under the impression that i would continue with the I129f to get the visa so that my wife can get into the country and the the NVC would process the case for the AOS. If not how does it make any sense to be applying for 2 visas at the same time? Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Harold Eduardo Paredes

Timeline
Another quick question,

Since my I130 was approved at the same time as the I129F like i mentioned before, do i have to continue doing all the paperwork that they ask of me for the I130? I called the DOS and one person told me i did while another told me i didn't. I was under the impression that i would continue with the I129f to get the visa so that my wife can get into the country and the the NVC would process the case for the AOS. If not how does it make any sense to be applying for 2 visas at the same time? Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Harold Eduardo Paredes

They may or may not send you the stuff for the CR1 visa. It all depends on how competent the employee working on your case is. The correct thing for them to do is hold the I-130 and forward the I-129F for a K3 visa, since that is what you requested and also since both petitions were approved at the same time. Every now a then, they will not even check to see if there is an I-129F already at the embassy and keep on processing the I-130 as if it were a separate case for a CR1.

Since you want to pursue the K3 visa, ignore anything that the NVC requests from you from now on. Things such as the DS-3032 and the AOS fee bill.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline
Another quick question,

Sincerely,

Harold Eduardo Paredes

They may or may not send you the stuff for the CR1 visa. It all depends on how competent the employee working on your case is. The correct thing for them to do is hold the I-130 and forward the I-129F for a K3 visa, since that is what you requested and also since both petitions were approved at the same time. Every now a then, they will not even check to see if there is an I-129F already at the embassy and keep on processing the I-130 as if it were a separate case for a CR1.

Since you want to pursue the K3 visa, ignore anything that the NVC requests from you from now on. Things such as the DS-3032 and the AOS fee bill.

Diana

Yep i called the DOS again and this time i got a competent person. She told me that there are 3 different options possible in my case. To pursue the I129 F (WHICH IS ALREADY AT THE EMBASSY -CONFIRMED TODAY), follow the CR1 visa or do both. The path with both is crazy. If she gets the K3 visa approved and travels to the USA and then the I130 immigrant visa is scheduled, she could travel back to Bogota to assist that interview and finish with the immigrant one. Anyway im going to continue with the I129F since that one is already at the embassy. Thanks again Diana.

Sincerely,

Harold Paredes

Timeline

I'm ready to send the response to Packet 3 but was wondering whether the cover letter and the passport copy (items 1 and 4) are needed?

1. Cover letter

The packet 3 i downloaded from the webpage of the embassy does not mention those two items. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Harold Paredes

Timeline
I'm ready to send the response to Packet 3 but was wondering whether the cover letter and the passport copy (items 1 and 4) are needed?

1. Cover letter

The packet 3 i downloaded from the webpage of the embassy does not mention those two items. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Harold Paredes

Definitely include the cover letter (with BGT Case#) and a copy of the fiancees passport.

Edited by E-Man

Timeline

1. Cover letter

Sincerely,

Harold Paredes

Definitely include the cover letter (with BGT Case#) and a copy of the fiancees passport.

Even though the Packet 3 does not mention anything about those two items? I mean the BGT number is clearly specified in the form DS-2100. I already sent in the DS-2100 and DS-230 pages 1 and 2 only through email after scanning. Do you think it would be wise to send the 4 things once i have the cover letter and passport ready? That's the thing, me and my wife are going tomorrow to see if we can get a new passport because hers is old and does not match some information on her Registro Civil, so might as well get a new one and report the other one as lost. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Harold Paredes

Timeline

Well, the cover letter is a nice way to present the forms you're submitting and also a way for you to say "My name is so and so and my case # is this for a K3 visa". You can't assume that everybody working at the embassy is the sharpest tool in the shed because guess what, they still have some numb nuts working in there and you don't want them touching your stuff without them knowing what it was for. Every time something is sent over to them it's best to label it everywhere with your name and case # along with the cover sheet. That's why the copy of the passport is useful.

But they're not necessery.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline
Well, the cover letter is a nice way to present the forms you're submitting and also a way for you to say "My name is so and so and my case # is this for a K3 visa". You can't assume that everybody working at the embassy is the sharpest tool in the shed because guess what, they still have some numb nuts working in there and you don't want them touching your stuff without them knowing what it was for. Every time something is sent over to them it's best to label it everywhere with your name and case # along with the cover sheet. That's why the copy of the passport is useful.

But they're not necessery.

Diana

I understand. A few minutes ago i received a call on my wife's cell phone confirming that they had received the response and that the interview will be scheduled in around 6-8 weeks. I hope that is just their broad categorizing attitude because i want that interview in November lol. Well it seems that now we gotta get all that crazy paperwork ready as soon as possible so that nothing catches us by surprise. Thanks Diana.

Sincerely,

Harold Paredes

Timeline

Well, since you sent in all paperwork before the 15th of this month, then you should get your visa interview for November. Let's see what they say. ^_^

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

Quick Question,

I am planning ahead for the upcoming interview at the embassy, and reading the K Visa Appointment Package I observed that there are a lot of vaccinations that are required. Is it smart for my wife to get those satisfied in Bogota or plan ahead and get them in Cali. I called and asked about their price and they easily amount up to 500 mil pesos. One shot costs 260 mil pesos itself and the rest bring the cost to the mentioned amount. I wanted to know if individuals who have already gone through the process had to satisfy all of those vaccination requirements and pay a large amount of money for it. Thank you for the help.

Sincerely,

Harold Paredes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.